Monmouth 9
#4 Wildcat Frankie

Woodbine 8
Exacta Box 2,3,6

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    From my website this morning...

That's it for Saturday, believe it or not. I did look at the afore-mentioned Pennsylvania Derby, and i considered giving out Afleet Again, but i just don't have much confidence in that pick. I do think he'll be undervalued, and you may remember i gave him an honorable mention in the Travers, when he ran 4th at odds of 47/1. He catches most of that same field here, and he's no more overmatched today than he was in that one (note he was beaten less than two lengths by First Dude, who is listed as the 8/5 ml favorite here). Plus, the pace scenario figures to play to his advantage here, with lots of speed lined up in front of him. The main problem i have with the horse is that he constantly settles for minor awards. But hey, so does First Dude. Should definitely offer some value here, perhaps moreso in exacta's and tri's due to his tendency to miss the win spot.

One other longshot that you may remember from last time goes in the Gallant Bloom @ Belmont today, that being My Jen, who ran second for us @ 22/1 last time out. I absolutely expect her to run well once again, but i think she may be a little bit overmatched here, particularly with the addition of Sara Louise to the mix. And of course, she won't be as big a price this time around. Probably best used in exotics, if you're playing the race.
    edited September 2010
    I should also mention, i think it's strange that Velazquez is retaining the mount aboard the Zito-trained Morning Line, what with 3/1 second choice A LIttle Warm in the race. Velazquez has won 2-of-3 aboard that horse, including a win in the Grade 2 Jim Dandy, and don't forget the Pletcher-trained Exhi has also shipped in for the race. Strange to see Velazquez sticking with Morning Line; might be telling.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Philly 10
    #1 Rose Catherine
    Winner @ 3-5

Belmont 9
    #5 My Jen (Exacta Box 2,5,8)
    Winner @ 12-1 (Sara Louise ran third, just missed Exacta. Thx for MJ again DC.)

Delaware 8
    #9 Workin for Hops
    2nd (Nailed at wire by Grand Rapport)

Monmouth 9
    #4 Wildcat Frankie
    Winner @ 7-1

Woodbine 8
    Exacta Box 2,3,6
    Stately Victor took it over my #6. Missed here.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    2 added plays

Belmont 10
    #1 Empty Handed (WP)

Fairplex 11
    #4 Stacey's Hope
    edited September 2010
    Congrats to My Jen!!!!

9th race - Belmont Park - September 25, 2010

Pgm Horse Win Place Show

5 My Jen 26.60 13.00 6.60
    7 Moontune Missy 19.80 7.80
    2 Sara Louise 3.80
    edited September 2010
    I should also mention, i think it's strange that Velazquez is retaining the mount aboard the Zito-trained Morning Line, what with 3/1 second choice A LIttle Warm in the race. Velazquez has won 2-of-3 aboard that horse, including a win in the Grade 2 Jim Dandy, and don't forget the Pletcher-trained Exhi has also shipped in for the race. Strange to see Velazquez sticking with Morning Line; might be telling.

Morning Line wins. I guess Velazquez knew what he was doing...