Today's Plays 10/2

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Here are my plays for the day. Anything over 4-1 backing up w/ place bet. Anything under is Win only.

Belmont Park
Race 1
#8 Wake Maker - One bad race where he had distance issues leads to great price for us here. This one may be the fastest of them all and offered up at a very live price.

Race 3
#1/1A Jackson Bend/Our Dark Knight - Handicapping the race earlier in the week I didn't even know these two were coupled and I had them capped 1-2.

Race 6
#6 Snapshot - Hard knocker who is always right there. Should sit a good trip.

Race 7
#7 Shared Account - Love this filly today. Ground being soft should only help her chances. Last time she didn't see the needed pace for the victory and this one has run into racing trouble in a few of her recent starts. Good draw and what should be a lively enough pace for her to run down.

Race 9
#9 Paddy O Prado - Not much I can tell you that everyone doesn't already know. IMO this is best turf horse in the country. He was also slightly flattered when Workin for Hops came back from Secretariat to run a close second in Delaware graded turf stakes behind up and comer Grand Rapport (and blowing Interactif out the water).

Race 10
#1 Fly Down - This one has impressed with each race. He took the longer route in the Travers only to miss by a nose to Afleet Express. He comes back looking to avenge his loss and take this big win.
Exacta Box = Fly Down/Blame/Haynesfield

Hawthorne Racecourse
Race 8
#4 Giant Oak - I constantly find myself on this horse and can't seem to learn my lesson. He does just enough to say "I'll play him back next out". Well here there is room for improvement on the return to dirt and should have enough speed from the other strong contenders to allow him to make a move. Two of GO's best performances were on Dirt (2nd to Musket Man in IL Derby and 4th to Blame in Clark last year). If this one avoids trouble, he may finally find himself in the winner's circle.

Oak Tree @ Hollywood Park
Race 6
#5 Acaffella - His race @ Golden Gate was my largest win wager since Majestic Perfection's last race and he was worth every penny. This one was absolutely loaded turning for home and won by open lengths under wraps. Unlike JP Gusto, this one is proven at the distance/2 turns while JP Gusto's camp has already expressed the possibility of distance limitations. Take the 5/2 and run with it. Biggest price you will see on this one!

Race 9
#5 Twirling Candy - His last race (minus his little mishap) was outstanding, as was every other one previous to it. Look for this one to take no prisoners and establish himself alongside Zenyatta and Blame as the top three candidates going to the BC Classic.

Good luck today everyone! :cool2: