Question about a jockey???

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Im all over a horse on Saturday at Keeneland. Been waiting for this horse to run since Saratoga closed. Shane Sellers has been named the jockey. I dont really follow that many tracks other than the ones in NY/Calf. My question is, Is Shane Sellers still a good jockey? I know years and years ago he was a top notch jockey but I havent really heard much of him since. Is he one of those over the hill jockeys who just work horses in the morning and hope to pick up a mount here or there? He does have 5 mounts tomm and only 2 on Saturday which include my horse. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Im all over a horse on Saturday at Keeneland. Been waiting for this horse to run since Saratoga closed. Shane Sellers has been named the jockey. I dont really follow that many tracks other than the ones in NY/Calf. My question is, Is Shane Sellers still a good jockey? I know years and years ago he was a top notch jockey but I havent really heard much of him since. Is he one of those over the hill jockeys who just work horses in the morning and hope to pick up a mount here or there? He does have 5 mounts tomm and only 2 on Saturday which include my horse. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I would never let Shane Seller being aboard deter me from betting any horse in any race with the possible exception of the Derby or BC Classic.

-FlyinLate
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Bad Knees and ankles, took alot of time off to rehab and then got two (2) urgings. Namely, missed the only people he knew, and missed the purse money he made in the 1990's. Has been working for Louisiana trainers but not getting the mounts he used to. I would have to be damned near in love with his mounts this weekend at Keeneland to use him, but he will most certainly offer a good price. Good Luck with your play. BTW, I will be at Keeneland this weekend and will atempt to update any info I can get on seller's' mounts.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Leparoux is the regular rider on this horse and usually for this trainer. But I have noticed that this trainer hasnt been using Leparoux on his horses since Saratoga. Maybe a little falling out? Im gonna go heavy on this horse regardless. Thanks
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Shane sellers 2010 record
    St 1 2 3 Earnings Rank
    632 73 100 76 2,093,281 98/1729
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    NOT AS GOOD AS HE WAS BUT STILL ALOT BETTER THEN MOST JOURNEYMEN JOCKS...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I suspect that one of the horses you like is the Ramsey colt, Nolansgrantkitten. He has been running against some good ones, including my colt, Forum. Has yet to fire at the finish line but has been competitive, and certainly has a chance to score in this race which I believe to be a substantial class drop. Good Luck!
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    shane can still horseback with the best of them!!!...load up!!!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I suspect that one of the horses you like is the Ramsey colt, Nolansgrantkitten. He has been running against some good ones, including my colt, Forum. Has yet to fire at the finish line but has been competitive, and certainly has a chance to score in this race which I believe to be a substantial class drop. Good Luck!

Dead on! I played this horse the last 2 times he ran. The fact that Saratoga had a huge speed bias on the turf and dead closers like this horse didnt really stand to much of a chance. Didnt really like the jock change nor the minor change of surface to the poly but I think this horse has a huge shot come tomm at decent odds!