Zenyatta - 60 minutes

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
In case anyone missed it...

YouTube - Zenyatta: Best Racehorse Ever?

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited November 2010
    Until she beats males on dirt I wouldn't place her in front of Azeri all time.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Draynay wrote: »
    Until she beats males on dirt I wouldn't place her in front of Azeri all time.

Omg, who let you out of your cage?

On another note, great video. Only disappointing thing was they should have shown the sweeping move she makes around horses instead of just the stretch runs where she's already blown by 3/4 of the field.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    You would need a Crystal Ball to determine that, horses of yesterday might run horses of today into the ground.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    i dont compare horses from different era's cause its just to hard and fair to each...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Zenyatta is the best that I've seen personally. Before that, Holy Bull and perhaps Ghostzapper. Cigar was no slouch either, but I don't think he was quite the equal of the previous two.

On turf, probably the big gray Fastness.

Kona Gold deserves a mention as well; sprinters never get any love in these arguments.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited November 2010
    Ghostzapper and Zenyatta belong in the same sentence. Let her win a HOY title first or beat males on dirt in a big race.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Ghostzappers campaign the year he won HOY was a joke a total of 5 races the entire year.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    If Quality Road brings his A Game & { loads in the gate} he'll be tough to beat, I'm going Haynesfield & Quality Road.:thumbup:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited November 2010
    Houdini wrote: »
    Ghostzappers campaign the year he won HOY was a joke a total of 5 races the entire year.

Really ? How many races has Zenyatta been in this year ?
    edited November 2010
    Heres the difference she's a mare trying to repeat to beat the worlds best horses for the second time in a row.A mare who is 6 years old,you go ahead and break the piggy bank open and bet QR,some just dont get it,she runs fast enough.
    IMO Zenyatta best race will be Saturday,and BTW after the race im sure Smith will telling everyone "SHE"S GOING TO RETIRE WITHOUT ME EVER REACHING HER OTHER GEAR"
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited November 2010
    In her last 2 races I have seen Zenyatta get whipped a total of 20 times. If she didn't reach her "other" gear after getting whipped 20 times maybe she doesn't have one.

This much I know. Musketman would beat Switch by 10 lengths in a 2 turn race and MM will be lucky to hit the bottom of the ticket in the Classic. Believe what you want but Zenyatta isn't good enough to beat QR and LAL. She barely beat Switch and that tells me all I need to know.
    edited November 2010
    Im going to bank that MIke Smith may know little more then us..just a little..MM isnt even in the same class as Zenyatta,OK she got whipped 20 times,Big Red got whipped,Affirmed got whipped,Seattle Slew got whipped,The Bid got whipped ,whats your point?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Ghostzapper was pretty damn talented. I haven't seen many better. Maybe Holy Bull was better, and Zenyatta of course.

A couple of horses i failed to mention are Candy Ride, Gentlemen, and particularly Lit De Justice. I may have never seen a more talented runner than Lit De Justice, Zenyatta included. He just didn't bring it every time, so you never knew what to expect from him. By many accounts, the horse was bat-shit crazy. Incredibly talented horse though.