Friday Breeder's Cup Race Selections and Analysis

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Top horse is to be played Win, WP, or WPS dependent upon odds at post.
Other two horses are to be used with top play in Exacta Box.

Marathon
#8 Giant Oak
Well, I don't know how many times I've been on this horse and been disappointed. He always runs a great race, but at the same time always manages to find himself in just enough trouble to miss the win but hit the board. We've all seen him run, we all know he can go the distance. What is perhaps my strongest feeling about the horse is his affinity for Churchill. He showed extreme courage in both the Stephen Foster and Clark ('09) at CD against much tougher foes. He gets the services of GoGo for the first time and hopefully his most seasoned rider to date can steer him clear of trouble.
Use with #7 Awesome Gem and #9 Bright Horizon

Juvenile Fillies Turf
#11 More than Real
I was beyond impressed by this one's maiden victory at a mile 1/16th at first asking. He came home nicely and caught my eye to throw him in virtual stable. Well he sadly came back to run an OK second to New Normal (also entered here) who held a fairly uncontested easy pace. Nobody else came running and Street Chimes (3rd place finisher) came out to run a descent race last weekend. There is enough early speed to keep the pace honest and this one should have a good shot to get an early crack at the leaders and hold off the deep closers.
Use with #7 Winter Memories and #13 Together

Filly and Mare Sprint
#5 Evening Jewel
Well where do I start with this one? Easily the most difficult race of the night to handicap and no horse in here would shock me. Evening Jewel ALWAYS runs her race. They have been aiming for this race, and avoiding Blind Luck may be the right call. Let's all remember this horse was a quarter of a stride from winning the Oaks, at Churchill Downs, on the dirt. She has phenominal tactical speed and will get first run at the leaders. There should be one hot pace here, which I'm hoping leads to Rightly So's collapse.
Use with #14 Champagne Doro, #1 My Jen, #2 Sara Louise

Juvenile Fillies
#11 Soundwave
Only one 2yo filly race was jaw dropping all year IMO, and that was last week where Dancinginherdreams made a name for herself. The others in here have all shown they are vulnerable which is what lands me on this longshot. I might be reaching here, considering she hasn't ran at anything over 6f, and hasn't faced anywhere near this level of competition, but she has done it well. She has a very solid turn of foot and should be in good striking range turning for home.
Use with #4 Awesome Feather and #8 AZ Warrior

Filly and Mare Turf
#7 Midday
Ok, I couldn't manage to steer myself off this one, as deep as I looked. She is the classiest of the bunch, looks better than ever, and handled what I considered a tougher field in this race last year. There isn't too much to tell you that you all don't already know about this one. If the price is unplayable, I will key on top of tri's and place small win/place wagers on my two american horse selections.
Use with #2 Eclair De Lune and #6 Harmonious

Ladies Classic
#9 Acoma
Much the best in her last, and this filly loves to come charging late. The problem here? Not the pace, but the fact that she is going to have to outclose both Blind Luck and Persistenty. There is more than enough speed here to set up an honest pace. It seems as though Acoma is back in form and she absolutely loves the Churchill dirt (2 for 2). This is her final race, they want to send her out in style. Worth a play across the board at huge odds.
Use with #10 Blind Luck and #11 Havre De Grace

Good luck tomorrow with all of your selections, and hopefully everyone will cash some nice winners.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but most of my big plays and more confident selections come Saturday.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Marathon
    #8 Giant Oak
    4th @ 4-1

Juvenile Fillies Turf
    #11 More than Real
    Winner @ 13-1

Filly and Mare Sprint
    #5 Evening Jewel
    3rd @ 7-1

Juvenile Fillies
    #11 Soundwave
    Out (Guess I was stretching a bit too far on this one lol)

Filly and Mare Turf
    #7 Midday
    2nd @ 4-5

Ladies Classic
    #9 Acoma
    Out

Finished ahead for the day thanks to the winner and exacta in the Juvenile Fillies Turf.