Breeders Cup Plays In Races 4, 5, 6 & 7

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
By Warren Eves

4th Churchill Downs(Juvenile Turf)—With Rogue Romance and Biondetti opting for the Juvenile we’re going for a major score. We'll key the 10-1 Banned(8) and Rough Sailing(11) who will open at 15-1. It’s hard for me to ignore the 11.52(FF-final fraction) Banned turned in in his last out win at Keeneland. Rough Sailing(11) does not figure to get bet but could pull off a major shocker. I believe his return to turf is significant.

Make a 50 cent super. Key 8-11 with 3-6-8-9-11. Cost $24. Also make $2 doubles. 8 & 11 with 2-3-8-12. Cost $16.

Banned stalked the leaders 3-wide under wraps. Despite a slow half he gained the lead and finished in full stride. I liked the way he galloped out. When Rough Sailing broke his maiden on Arlington turf he was outrun early and was full of run loping along to the far turn. Rough Sailing steadied early in the stretch. What caught my eye was the way he caught took hold and finished strong. I believe turf is his surface. Manitoba(3) is a Euro racing on lasix for the first time with Dettori aboard. He could ruin the party. Utley(6) is highly regarded by Euro connections. I’m big on visual observations. For that reason I’m using Soldat(9). He was hindered in a no pace race last out at Belmont. Madman Diaries(10) has a “long body” I look for when youngster ares asked to stretch out.

In addition to the superfecta and doubles make an affordable 50-cent pick 4. Use 8 & 11 with 3 & 12, single 5 in the sixth and use 1-2-3-9-10 in race seven. Cost $25.

5th Churchill Downs(Sprint)—I’m going to key on the one-three finishers in the Phoenix the 10-1 Wise Dan(3) and the 12-1 shot Warrior’s Reward(12).
Wise Dan(3) beat older coming off five-month layoff in the Phoenix. Make a 50-cent super. Key 3-12 with 2-3-8-12. Cost $6.

Warrior’s Reward(12 ) is my “value play” of the Breeders Cup weekend. You hear handicappers refer to "value" all the time. Sometimes it's used too loosely. In horse racing one should never be surprised. Even though Wise Dan(3) is my top pick I will make a flat play on Warrior's Reward(12) who will be an inflated number at post time.

I felt there was reason for optimism when Wise Dan(3) beat older coming off a five-month layup. He was fourth inside two in the early going of the Phoenix. Bejarano had to wait with Wise Dan while racing in the slot. Once they found a running lane in the straight Wise Dan rallied lugging out without having to be urged. We made note that this run “did not tax him much.”

We still believe Warrior’s Reward(12 ) will run big. I concluded Leparoux was giving him a race in the Phoenix. Slow early(-1-1/2) the lanky runner fell out(-2) early. Warrior’s Reward was still last to the top. He rallied widest late and he’s returning to a surface he’s fond of.

I’m using Cash Refund(8) strictly on the basis of the huge jockey switch of Brian Hernandez, Jr. to John Velasquez. Giralamo(2), the morning line favorite, can’t be disregarded off his huge last run. Between horses into he gained the lead in the stretch. Giralamo was tapped some early in the stretch and ridden hard the last 60 yards while clear.

6th Churchill Downs(Turf Sprint)—Silver Timber(5) is my pick three and pick four single. When this seven-year-old gelding won the Woodford he did it in “second gear.” Julien Leparoux allowed him to settle early. He was seventh and three-wide into and 6th and 3-wide midway on the turn. Silver Timber surged under a soft ride. Make $2 doubles. Key 5 with 2-3-9. Cost $6.

7th Churchill Downs(Juvenile)—When Rogue Romance(9) won last time we commented “wow!” We gave Rogue Romance two stars for the effort. Rogue Romance opens at 30-1 and he’s one of three I’ll use on top.

I believe Boys At Tosconova(2) has an ‘up side” and J.B.’s Thunder(3) at 12-1 could be any kind. I’m going to take a stand against the 7-5 morning line favorite Uncle Mo who won his last in handy fashion.

We suggest a 50 cent super. Key 2-3-9 with 1-2-3-9-10. That bet will cost $36. Boys at Toscanova(2) was bumped from the left at the break, tracked the leaders, then moved 4-wide to the top.

J.B.’s Thunder(3) broke his maiden on green and then he won over the poly in decisive fashion in his last run. Rogue Romance(9) has exhibited he can deal with traffic while winning on two turf courses. Last out on Keeneland grass he was squeezed and checked when another foe ducked in the opening stages. He trailed to the far turn, came far wide(-2) to the top and won drawing off in “handy fashion.”

Biondetti(1) is another first time lasix user with Dettori. Biondetti beat Singapore Lilly last time and she beat colts in her prior start. To say Jaycito(10) was “much the best” in the Norfolk is an understatement. He was fifth and 3-wide early. Jaycito was at least 4-wide all down the backstretch. He continued losing ground on the second turn and still finished best. His connections like his chances.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    By Warren Eves

4th Churchill Downs(Juvenile Turf)—With Rogue Romance and Biondetti opting for the Juvenile we’re going for a major score. We'll key the 10-1 Banned(8) and Rough Sailing(11) who will open at 15-1. It’s hard for me to ignore the 11.52(FF-final fraction) Banned turned in in his last out win at Keeneland. Rough Sailing(11) does not figure to get bet but could pull off a major shocker. I believe his return to turf is significant.

Make a 50 cent super. Key 8-11 with 3-6-8-9-11. Cost $24. Also make $2 doubles. 8 & 11 with 2-3-8-12. Cost $16.

Banned stalked the leaders 3-wide under wraps. Despite a slow half he gained the lead and finished in full stride. I liked the way he galloped out. When Rough Sailing broke his maiden on Arlington turf he was outrun early and was full of run loping along to the far turn. Rough Sailing steadied early in the stretch. What caught my eye was the way he caught took hold and finished strong. I believe turf is his surface. Manitoba(3) is a Euro racing on lasix for the first time with Dettori aboard. He could ruin the party. Utley(6) is highly regarded by Euro connections. I’m big on visual observations. For that reason I’m using Soldat(9). He was hindered in a no pace race last out at Belmont. Madman Diaries(10) has a “long body” I look for when youngster ares asked to stretch out.

In addition to the superfecta and doubles make an affordable 50-cent pick 4. Use 8 & 11 with 3 & 12, single 5 in the sixth and use 1-2-3-9-10 in race seven. Cost $25.

5th Churchill Downs(Sprint)—I’m going to key on the one-three finishers in the Phoenix the 10-1 Wise Dan(3) and the 12-1 shot Warrior’s Reward(12).
    Wise Dan(3) beat older coming off five-month layoff in the Phoenix. Make a 50-cent super. Key 3-12 with 2-3-8-12. Cost $6.

Warrior’s Reward(12 ) is my “value play” of the Breeders Cup weekend. You hear handicappers refer to "value" all the time. Sometimes it's used too loosely. In horse racing one should never be surprised. Even though Wise Dan(3) is my top pick I will make a flat play on Warrior's Reward(12) who will be an inflated number at post time.

I felt there was reason for optimism when Wise Dan(3) beat older coming off a five-month layup. He was fourth inside two in the early going of the Phoenix. Bejarano had to wait with Wise Dan while racing in the slot. Once they found a running lane in the straight Wise Dan rallied lugging out without having to be urged. We made note that this run “did not tax him much.”

We still believe Warrior’s Reward(12 ) will run big. I concluded Leparoux was giving him a race in the Phoenix. Slow early(-1-1/2) the lanky runner fell out(-2) early. Warrior’s Reward was still last to the top. He rallied widest late and he’s returning to a surface he’s fond of.

I’m using Cash Refund(8) strictly on the basis of the huge jockey switch of Brian Hernandez, Jr. to John Velasquez. Giralamo(2), the morning line favorite, can’t be disregarded off his huge last run. Between horses into he gained the lead in the stretch. Giralamo was tapped some early in the stretch and ridden hard the last 60 yards while clear.

6th Churchill Downs(Turf Sprint)—Silver Timber(5) is my pick three and pick four single. When this seven-year-old gelding won the Woodford he did it in “second gear.” Julien Leparoux allowed him to settle early. He was seventh and three-wide into and 6th and 3-wide midway on the turn. Silver Timber surged under a soft ride. Make $2 doubles. Key 5 with 2-3-9. Cost $6.

7th Churchill Downs(Juvenile)—When Rogue Romance(9) won last time we commented “wow!” We gave Rogue Romance two stars for the effort. Rogue Romance opens at 30-1 and he’s one of three I’ll use on top.

I believe Boys At Tosconova(2) has an ‘up side” and J.B.’s Thunder(3) at 12-1 could be any kind. I’m going to take a stand against the 7-5 morning line favorite Uncle Mo who won his last in handy fashion.

We suggest a 50 cent super. Key 2-3-9 with 1-2-3-9-10. That bet will cost $36. Boys at Toscanova(2) was bumped from the left at the break, tracked the leaders, then moved 4-wide to the top.

J.B.’s Thunder(3) broke his maiden on green and then he won over the poly in decisive fashion in his last run. Rogue Romance(9) has exhibited he can deal with traffic while winning on two turf courses. Last out on Keeneland grass he was squeezed and checked when another foe ducked in the opening stages. He trailed to the far turn, came far wide(-2) to the top and won drawing off in “handy fashion.”

Biondetti(1) is another first time lasix user with Dettori. Biondetti beat Singapore Lilly last time and she beat colts in her prior start. To say Jaycito(10) was “much the best” in the Norfolk is an understatement. He was fifth and 3-wide early. Jaycito was at least 4-wide all down the backstretch. He continued losing ground on the second turn and still finished best. His connections like his chances.

I'm shocked that we have the same two top seeded horses in Juvy Turf. I absolutely love Rough Sailing and Banned. I'll be boxing them with Mantoba.

A few other selections of yours are also part of my gimmicks tomorrow. Good luck!