Five Stable Alert Plays This Weekend

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
These are five horses I've received notifications on to bet next out.

Saturday
Aqueduct
Race 7
#1 Babai Baby

Delta Downs
Race 7
#9 Sweet Ducky (Rumor has it he's been loving Delta in mornings)

Hollywood Park
Race 8
#2 Industry Leader

Sunday
Hollywood Park
Race 3
#6 Malibu Pier

Race 7
#5 Turbulent Descent

Absolutely love both these fillies for Sunday. Malibu Pier had no chance in last against tougher with a brutal trip from way too far off the front speed that went 1-2. Turbulent Descent...just watch the replay.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the info. I'm going against you in a couple of the races today though.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Not off to a good start.
    I had Gourmet Dinner boxed with Sweet Ducky and Classic Legacy but neither fired.

Babai ran an unimpressive third.
    edited November 2010
    With you 100% on Turbulent Descent. She absolutely toyed with them in that maiden race.

Interesting to note too, Puype rarely wins first time out, so the fact that she got hammered down to 8/5 (and then ran like she did) says a lot. His second-time starters generally improve.
    edited November 2010
    With you 100% on Turbulent Descent. She absolutely toyed with them in that maiden race.

Interesting to note too, Puype rarely wins first time out, so the fact that she got hammered down to 8/5 (and then ran like she did) says a lot. His second-time starters generally improve.

Nice call on Premier Pegasus last night.
    Glad to hear you are with me on Turbulent Descent, just hope the rest of the country hasn't been waiting for this return like I have. Nothing worse than having a big play and it opening @ 1-5.
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping her small margin of victory (combined with several other nice-looking fillies in the race) will keep her price in check.
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping her small margin of victory (combined with several other nice-looking fillies in the race) will keep her price in check.

I'm hoping so. Not off to a good start. I was extremely close to placing a large win wager on Lubash in the stakes @ Aqueduct but decided against it due to the #8 horse having an identical run style and being more impressive on paper. Lubash won @ 7-1 and now Malibu Pier is up at 3-5. :argue:
    edited November 2010
    Malibu Pier wins in hand by a half dozen @ 1-1.
    edited November 2010
    I was a little surprised that Malibu Pier got bet that hard. Another huge performance by Turbulent Descent, too.
    edited December 2010
    Turbulent Descent is back in the Starlet this weekend.
    If I get anything close to playable odds I will be going to the bank with this one.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60267/turbulent-descent-takes-big-step-in-starlet
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    You should get a short price but worth the wager with Tell A Kelly in there.
    edited December 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Turbulent Descent is back in the Starlet this weekend.
    If I get anything close to playable odds I will be going to the bank with this one.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60267/turbulent-descent-takes-big-step-in-starlet

Once again, i'm with you 100%. Best 2yo filly i've seen in years.
    edited December 2010
    Glad to hear you are also still on him (although I'd be shocked if you weren't after his last).

I'll also have a small win/place bet on Rampaige tonight over @ Remington.

Another one for you guys is Table Games @ Hawthorne in Jim Edgar Futurity.
    Owned by Virginia Tarra Trust (same owners as Giant Oak). A friend of a friend type deal here, but rumor from Chris Block and the owners, this horse is begin to look like a serious horse. His works look good on paper, but better in person. He's offered up at a nice 5-1 in the Jim Edgar, take it now, if he runs as expected you won't see those odds again.
    Win Bet and an exacta wheel up and back because I feel like there a few good pricers with a shot.
    edited December 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Another one for you guys is Table Games @ Hawthorne in Jim Edgar Futurity.
    Owned by Virginia Tarra Trust (same owners as Giant Oak). A friend of a friend type deal here, but rumor from Chris Block and the owners, this horse is begin to look like a serious horse. His works look good on paper, but better in person. He's offered up at a nice 5-1 in the Jim Edgar, take it now, if he runs as expected you won't see those odds again.
    Win Bet and an exacta wheel up and back because I feel like there a few good pricers with a shot.

Winner @ 6-1. Headed a $70 Exacta. :thumbup1:
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for posting the info. Congrats!
    edited December 2010
    Malibu Pier entered in about 45 minutes. Tough group but well worth a win/place wager.
    edited December 2010
    Malibu Pier paid more to place than Switch paid to win.
    edited January 2011
    Malibu Pier is back against the big girls this weekend in the El Encino.
    She faces Blind Luck and more.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60758/blind-luck-rolls-dice-in-el-encino