Delta Jackpot play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Delta Downs - Race 7

#2 Classic Legacy (6/1 ml)

New addition to the Baffert barn ship in for the $1,000,000 Delta Jackpot after running a very big race up @ Woodbine last out. He was taken way back off the pace before circling the entire field with a huge rush around the turn, catapulting himself into the lead where he suddenly lost focus and started lugging in extremely badly, basically running sideways towards the rail. That ended up costing him the lead he had just gained, but he got back to business once he finally straightened away and wasn't losing any ground thereafter. You can bet that that's the reason he's adding the blinkers here, and there's no doubt that new rider Talamo spent some time getting acquainted with this horse out @ Hollywood before he shipped in. Should offer a good bit of value here, as he clearly outran today's 3/1 ml favorite in that common Woodbine race before he suffered the mental lapse, and he should definitely get some pace to run at here with many of the entrants being of the frontrunning variety. Should run well if he keeps his head on straight.

HRT record:

74 for 276 (27%)

$621.20 mutuels ($8.39 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Never ran a step.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Never ran a step.

Neither did my selection :cry:

I don't think I ever win @ Delta (or Charlestown for that matter).

Last two plays of day for me are Stunning Ally and Industry Leader in the 7th and 8th at HOL.
    Good luck with the rest of yours.
    edited November 2010
    Thanks. I could use some good luck right now. I've won one race since the Breeders Cup.
    edited November 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Last two plays of day for me are Stunning Ally and Industry Leader in the 7th and 8th at HOL.
    Good luck with the rest of yours.

I was on Hot Affair in the 7th, and Premier Pegasus in the 8th.