FlyinLate & DC

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Gentlemen, I feel your pain. Just read your posts regarding cold snap, and you are not alone. Aqueduct has been brutal, with speed horses fading and not being able to pick a closer either. It seems the only horses going w2w are on the turf, which goes against all my limited knowledge. Oh well, better days ahead!

You may recall that I am a partner in a 2yo filly named GLACKETY. She was very well thought of shipping out of Aiken last winter, where she was very competitive with some other 2yo who won at Spa and elsewhere. However, when she got to NY she absolutely tanked, finishing so far back that I was ready to throw in the towel and ship her to Finger for a cheap clm race. It was clear that she was not competitive at the NYRA circuit so we shipped her to the mid-atlantic under the guide of a new trainer, Chris Grove, who has done very well with other Dogwood horses who are not ready for prime-time. Since then, she has progressed nicely, with a recent race finish 2nd, and a bullet work on Saturday. I am not ready to say that the light has come on, but it appears that she is getting closer to the switch. If she shows any of her natural ability she should put in a good effort in next race:

Friday, Nov. 26 Race 7 Charles Town

I intend to show no fear and make a sizeable wager. If she shows up I break my CT jinx, and if not my streak is still alive!

Good Luck To All!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Gentlemen, I feel your pain. Just read your posts regarding cold snap, and you are not alone. Aqueduct has been brutal, with speed horses fading and not being able to pick a closer either. It seems the only horses going w2w are on the turf, which goes against all my limited knowledge. Oh well, better days ahead!

You may recall that I am a partner in a 2yo filly named GLACKETY. She was very well thought of shipping out of Aiken last winter, where she was very competitive with some other 2yo who won at Spa and elsewhere. However, when she got to NY she absolutely tanked, finishing so far back that I was ready to throw in the towel and ship her to Finger for a cheap clm race. It was clear that she was not competitive at the NYRA circuit so we shipped her to the mid-atlantic under the guide of a new trainer, Chris Grove, who has done very well with other Dogwood horses who are not ready for prime-time. Since then, she has progressed nicely, with a recent race finish 2nd, and a bullet work on Saturday. I am not ready to say that the light has come on, but it appears that she is getting closer to the switch. If she shows any of her natural ability she should put in a good effort in next race:

Friday, Nov. 26 Race 7 Charles Town

I intend to show no fear and make a sizeable wager. If she shows up I break my CT jinx, and if not my streak is still alive!

Good Luck To All!

Thanks for the heads up John and good to know I'm not alone.
    I finally caught both my plays yesterday, but unfortunately both were short prices.
    Any idea as to what kind of price we might expect on this one Friday? I wish you the best of luck with her and I'll be sure to make her a play.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    On paper, there is a 2nd time starter named Ravenscourt who appears to be the only competition. Consequently, I would expect Glackety to be very short, probably 5/2. At this point, after watching her hit the rail at Belmont and going for a bowl of chowder at Saratoga, I don't give a shit what price she goes off at, as Al Davis would say, "JUST WIN BABY"
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    At this point, after watching her hit the rail at Belmont and going for a bowl of chowder at Saratoga, I don't give a shit what price she goes off at, as Al Davis would say, "JUST WIN BABY"

:laugh:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the update, I'll definitely keep her in mind come Friday.

PS - Happy Thanksgiving!
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    This horse has a 3 rd and 2nd finish at charles Town and has the leading jock Acosta up on her.
    She will probably go off at 6/5 or lower int his race friday.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    i vote you book the bet so you dont hurt my odds! :)
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Morning line opens on Glackety at 5-1, better than I would have thought. I noticed that Brisbet already lists her as a spot play on Friday.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Good luck John, i hope she gets it done tomorrow.