Tuesday Parx Feature Race 9

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Anyone have any thoughts on this race. On paper, it looks tailor made for the #4 Temecula Creek to sit behind a speed battle up front with the 1,2,3 and make a move late at the tiring front-runners.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Anyone have any thoughts on this race. On paper, it looks tailor made for the #4 Temecula Creek to sit behind a speed battle up front with the 1,2,3 and make a move late at the tiring front-runners.

#4 Temecula Creek in a romp.
    He defeated a very good horse in Laysh Laysh Laysh in his last in a very easy run.
    The pace seems to favor Temecula Creek here and he has a clear class advantage.
    He is a play for me at 4/5 or higher. I'm hoping for 6/5 or 7/5. 2-1 is a bit too optimistic.
  • benett42benett42 Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    It is late but I don't know the result.
    Just am curious as to why so many NY based horses are racing out of town.
    I've been told that the NY condition books have few races written for certain classes and it's forcing trainers to look elsewhere for appropriate spots.
    I believe the horse you mentioned is a Rudy Rodriguez trainee that has been doing quite well here.
    Good luck on the bet.
    Ben
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Might have something to do with purses. It wouldn't shock me if the slot-fueled Philly Park is offering competitive purses compared to Aqueduct's winter meet.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Might have something to do with purses. It wouldn't shock me if the slot-fueled Philly Park is offering competitive purses compared to Aqueduct's winter meet.

They are competitive if not better for many of the race classes. Easy to see why a horse like this would ship to Philly. A midweek stakes for $75k where your second/third choices failed to win in allowance races at lesser circuits.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Agreed. Mid-week stakes at Parx is a great way to pay bills. The real story here is the comeback horse of the year, Temecula Creek! Rudy Rodriguez has done a miracle job with this one time $7,500.00 claimer. I suspect if he were running in Ark or Louisian the stewarts would shake down the barn looking for a Cole Norman type of enhancer. Nevertheless. his rise back is just unbelievable.