Are these horses running this month?

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Anyone know if any of these guys are running this month? Indian Gracey - She was suppoise to go inthe Starlet @ Hollywood but hasn't posted any workouts since the Breeders Cup. She was sch. from it with a sore hoof. Then there's Evening Jewel no tabs either. Suppose to go inthe La Brea. Noble's Promise - Here's a Colt that can run on any surface dirt, synthetic or grass has 2 w/o's but no commitment inthe news. Blind Luck - this one's not suppose to run till next year, but has been working out like I'm running and I don't care what you say. 4 tabs since the Cup. Setsuko - Here's a guy we haven't heard from in a while. A very nice Colt with 5 w/o's since The Cup. Where is he going? If anyone has any info on anyone of these guys please post it, cause up to now it has been a mystery.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    cinfront wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of these guys are running this month? Indian Gracey - She was suppoise to go inthe Starlet @ Hollywood but hasn't posted any workouts since the Breeders Cup. She was sch. from it with a sore hoof. Then there's Evening Jewel no tabs either. Suppose to go inthe La Brea. Noble's Promise - Here's a Colt that can run on any surface dirt, synthetic or grass has 2 w/o's but no commitment inthe news. Blind Luck - this one's not suppose to run till next year, but has been working out like I'm running and I don't care what you say. 4 tabs since the Cup. Setsuko - Here's a guy we haven't heard from in a while. A very nice Colt with 5 w/o's since The Cup. Where is he going? If anyone has any info on anyone of these guys please post it, cause up to now it has been a mystery.

I forget what race Noble's Promise is slated for, but I'm almost certain it takes place before the new year. Assuming his plans are still in order of course.

Not sure about the rest.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Flyin Late thanks, I believe he'll be in The Malibu @ 7f. After that performance he did at CD 1:08 & change, I would think that where they would run him at.
    edited December 2010
    cinfront wrote: »
    Flyin Late thanks, I believe he'll be in The Malibu @ 7f. After that performance he did at CD 1:08 & change, I would think that where they would run him at.

Thats it. I heard that was their target.

Anyone know if Caracortado is also being aimed for the Malibu? Or are they going to keep him on turf?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Last i heard, Caracortado was indeed being pointed to the Malibu. And considering the huge effort in his comeback race, i doubt very much that's changed. Even if they wanted to keep him on grass it's awfully hard to pass on a prestigious Grade 1 with a distance that's pretty much right in his wheelhouse.

This race appears to be coming up exceptionally tough, because Twirling Candy has been in steady training recently and appears pointed to the race as well. Looks like we'll be in for a treat on Opening Day.
    edited December 2010
    Hey Guys, I just recieved notice that Noble's Promise was shipped to Gulfstream Park and workout yesterday there 4f in 49 2/5 B as well as Presicous Passion 1mile in 1:42 2/5 B. Why would they send Noble's Promise southeast if they are, suppose to race in The Malibu. I have a feeling they will run out west and not race this month for 2 races in Jan. one of them being The Sunshine Million Classic if not The Sprint.
    edited December 2010
    type error- they will NOT run out west.
    edited December 2010
    Maybe they want to run Noble's Promise in the Donn Handicap?
    edited December 2010
    Could be, but that's not till Feb. 5th. That might be their goal for now. It would be a nice field if they would've shipped west for the Malibu.
    edited December 2010
    That is possible. Also possible that all his big dogs shipped to Florida for the winter. It's starting to get cold in Kentucky and he may have just taken everyone to FL. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a horse get shipped before getting shipped in subsequent weeks for a race.
    edited December 2010
    I'm wondering if there's any way Sadler would run both Twirling Candy and Sidney's Candy in the Mailbu. Seems plausible, and they actually worked on the same day this week. He might be keeping Sidney ready as a backup plan, but it would make sense to enter them both, i think. Very prestigious Grade 1 race, and it's not like Sidney is any kind of slouch going 7 furlongs on the main track.
    edited December 2010
    I think he'll split them with Sidney's Candy going for gold on the grass inthe G2 Sir Beaufort @ 1m Turf. I really don't think he'll run inthe Malibu G1.
    edited December 2010
    It's for 3yr olds as well.
    edited December 2010
    I read and artical on Caracortado this mourning. It mention Noble's Promise as one of the runners. Smiling Tiger wasn't mentioned and wondering if they are running him on the grassagainst Sidney's Candy inthe G2 Sir Beaufort 1m turf for 3yr olds.
    edited December 2010
    Anyone Know if Battle Of Hasting is running anywhere ? He has 2 or 3 w/o's @ Pay.
    edited December 2010
    If he's at Payson, then i'd guess he's pointing to the Sunshine Millions (Gulfstream version). I was about to say the Sunshine Millions Turf, but i guess he could go in the Classic as well (not sure which race is where this year).