AQUEDUCT Race 8- Thurs

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
OC $25K f & m 3yo up going 6f NY Bred for $44K purse

Before I attempt to hit a race, I will point out what I believe to be a current bias at the Aqueduct Inner Track. Namely, no horse has won on the rail that I can recall. Conversely, the winners are all swinging very wide on the turn and getting a clear shot down the middle of the track. Any horses stuck inside are dying in the final furlong. Something to keep an eye on.

# 6 Devilish Spirit, 3-1 Lightly raced 3yo came off the shelf to run two winning races both at very good times and on fast dirt and slop. Clearly in form and the one to beat. Should dictate the pace and have plenty left for the stretch drive. A "KEY" play for me although others can make this one close.

#5 Laylaben, 6-1, Should be forwardly placed up front with an ability to come out on the turn and get a clear shot at the leaders. Cut-back to 6f only helps and prior Inner races put this one close.

#8 We Need VLT's, 5-1, Owned and trained by Linda Rice and ridden by Ramon. Enough said!

#9 Higher Incentive, 10-1, 7yo workhorse came alive in last two when finally moved from turf to dirt for the first time. Dutrow/ castro moneymaker will be flying late at a square price.

#7 Opus A, 7/2, Racked up two easy wins and a distant finish in G1, but that was over a year ago. Got to think this one needs a race, notwithstanding a sharp workout over the AQ inner last week. A play against.

#12 Raffie's Rose, 10-1, Outside post and a poor non-turf record. Can't endorse.

THE PLAY;

Tri Key 6 with the 5/8/9

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    OC $25K f & m 3yo up going 6f NY Bred for $44K purse

Before I attempt to hit a race, I will point out what I believe to be a current bias at the Aqueduct Inner Track. Namely, no horse has won on the rail that I can recall. Conversely, the winners are all swinging very wide on the turn and getting a clear shot down the middle of the track. Any horses stuck inside are dying in the final furlong. Something to keep an eye on.

# 6 Devilish Spirit, 3-1 Lightly raced 3yo came off the shelf to run two winning races both at very good times and on fast dirt and slop. Clearly in form and the one to beat. Should dictate the pace and have plenty left for the stretch drive. A "KEY" play for me although others can make this one close.

#5 Laylaben, 6-1, Should be forwardly placed up front with an ability to come out on the turn and get a clear shot at the leaders. Cut-back to 6f only helps and prior Inner races put this one close.

#8 We Need VLT's, 5-1, Owned and trained by Linda Rice and ridden by Ramon. Enough said!

#9 Higher Incentive, 10-1, 7yo workhorse came alive in last two when finally moved from turf to dirt for the first time. Dutrow/ castro moneymaker will be flying late at a square price.

_____________________________________________________________________________

#7 Opus A, 7/2, Racked up two easy wins and a distant finish in G1, but that was over a year ago. Got to think this one needs a race, notwithstanding a sharp workout over the AQ inner last week. A play against.

#12 Raffie's Rose, 10-1, Outside post and a poor non-turf record. Can't endorse.

THE PLAY;

Tri Key 6 with the 5/8/9

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Good luck. I've opted to stick with Hawthorne and Hollywood for remainder of month after my poor showing so far at the Aqueduct meet.