Put this one in your stable... Oaklawn runner

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
archarcharch... u will be glad i told u...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Archarcharch

12/10/2010 OP 5F 1:02.80 Dirt Fast B
    11/22/2010 CD 5F 1:01.00 Dirt Fast B
    11/10/2010 CD 6F 1:13.20 Dirt Fast B
    11/04/2010 CD 5F 1:00.00 Dirt Fast B
    10/29/2010 CD 5F 1:05.00 Dirt Fast B G
    10/20/2010 CD 4F :47.40 Dirt Fast B
    10/12/2010 CD 3F :35.20 Dirt Fast B
    10/06/2010 CD 3F :37.80 Dirt Fast B
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i'm pretty sure a lot of those are bullets
    edited December 2010
    What can you tell us?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Fairgrounds Saturday December 18, 2010

10th (5:15)
    Sugar Bowl S.

6 Furlongs | Open | 2 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $60,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
    1 Gonna Tell Mama Graham J 116 L

2 Joe Hollywood Albarado R J 116 L

3 B G Suavecito Contreras A 116 L

4 Hydro Power Theriot H J II 116 L

5 Cheyann Belief Bridgmohan S X 118 L

6 Soaring Native Eramia R E 122 L

7 Archarcharch Court J K 116 L
    edited December 2010
    lucky number 7?
    edited December 2010
    Interesting. Still eligible for a maiden race, and they enter him directly into a stakes...
    edited December 2010
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/CD/2010/11/27/6/race-6

Archarcharch is the #2 horse here (replay posted above). He came inward a bit leaving the gate, and got bumped pretty hard by the rail horse. Also steadied on the backstretch. Nice effort to work his way through the large field and get up for second. Lots of pace for him to run at today, also. Thanks for the heads-up, King.
    edited December 2010
    Scratched down to a 4-horse field now.
    edited December 2010
    Archarcharch opens @ 1/9............how much did you bet, King???
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Went off @ 1/1 and won.
    Great race and looks like he only wants more distance!
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    edited December 2010
    after seeing him in person at oaklawn a couple of weeks ago, and then seeing him today he is my pick for the arky derby. he is screaming more distance. not a big fan of jon court but he rode him like he should have. didn't let joe hollywood get too far away from him in this short field. sorry the price was low :clap2: i had a little panic attack coming down the stretch there. :clap:
    edited December 2010
    Nice call, my friend......thanks a lot for posting!
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited December 2010

King whats next for this horse?
    edited December 2010
    I would be shocked if they didn't bring him back to the FG since he took to the track so well and his final time was excellent. I'm thinking Lecomte a race Hard Spun won with Pino in the saddle. I remeber that race so vivid right now. Got even money on Hard Spun and won for fun and then watched the Saints beat the Eagles in the playoffs that night and the following week lose to the Bears in the NFC Championship. Hard Spun was a hell of a horse.
    edited December 2010
    Archarcharch will stretch out for Smarty Jones

Archarcharch finished a troubled second in his career debut going seven furlongs at Churchill, and cleared the maiden ranks Saturday at Fair Grounds in the six-furlong Sugar Bowl Stakes, but trainer Jinks Fires said he believes he has a route horse on his hands, and will next try Archarcharch in the one-mile, $100,000 Smarty Jones Stakes on Jan. 17 at Oaklawn Park.

“I think [two turns] is going to be better for him,” said Fires, who reported that Archarcharch came out of his Sugar Bowl win well, and had shipped back to Fires’s base at Oaklawn Park in good order.

Archarcharch, unsurprisingly, is by Arch, who has sired plenty of horses with stamina, among them Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Blame. Archarcharch’s dam, Woodman’s Playmate, was a stakes-class runner who excelled in sprints, though the overall shape of Archarcharch’s pedigree suggests a horse who will at least stay middle distances.

Archarcharch, in fact, was doing his best work late in the Sugar Bowl, collaring pacesetting Joe Hollywood at about the sixteenth pole before drawing away late and galloping out well under Jon Court.

“Jon said he had a lot left in the tank,” Fires said.
    edited December 2010
    sorry fellas. been out hunting the duckies for a couple of days. and yea, jinks is sending him to the smarty jones. it is January 17th. here is the article from the oaklawn website about it. should be a good test. hope some of ya'll made some mullah. got short odds with the short field, but a win is a win. lol and i told some people around here to bet this one heavy... i think forgot to bet with the bookie. lol

Fires did add that the colt's next trip will be in the $100,000 Smarty Jones Stakes, which will be the feature at Oaklawn Park on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 17. Fires and owner, Robert Yagos, have enjoyed some good stakes success at Oaklawn in recent years with the older distance runner, Spotsgone, but have yet to get onto the Triple Crown train together. Judging by tghe early successes of Archarcharch, the Smarty Jones might just be the start of something big for those connections
    edited January 2011
    Archarcharch is entered in tomorrow's Smarty Jones Stakes @ Oaklawn.
    edited January 2011
    find out how good he is made of today... caleb's posse and grant jack are both very good horses as well. if archarcharch wins this race with ease you will be looking at a very quality 3 year old. i think he is that anyways but this is some very good competition.
    edited January 2011

KOR you hit on the head when you said you didnt like Jon Court,he seemed like indecisive on what to do with AAA.Borel suit this horse perfectly.Too soon too give up on the horse.
    edited January 2011
    It would've been nice to watch the race. I couldn't see anything with all that damn fog!
    edited January 2011
    DC i saw the start where Court decided too rush up between horses,then take back ,the horse was empty down the lane.
    edited January 2011
    you could actually see more on tv than you could in person lol. i was clueless the whole way around. so was the announcer. i can't stand jon court and honestly jinks fires is not a stakes horse trainer. 1 front runner won in the first three whole days at oaklawn. that includes sprints and all. the mid pack to closer horses have a huge advantage. just have to be patient and hit the lane in the middle of the track and you are on your way to the winners circle. Elite alex was by far the best horse of the weekend. after that start and then going like 10 wide and losing by a nose to very quality horses.

ps-im sure you have noticed the HORRENDOUS times... 6f in 1:16 and 1:17 is unacceptable and the horsemen are getting VERY MAD. watch for the track to really be worked on this week. might play a little more speedlike this coming weekend
    edited February 2011
    Archarcharch wins the Southwest Stakes @ $31.00. Hope you had him, King!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/61494/archarcharch-scores-upset-in-southwest-stakes
    edited February 2011
    u betcha i did! made for a fun day! also had another 30 dollar horse a couple races before. i love this game
    edited April 2011
    i had fun today... :)
    edited April 2011
    I was just coming to bump this thread. Great info here on HRT, thanks again for sharing.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    He looked extended and that may have been his peak. Can you come back in 3 weeks and perform like that again ?