Turbulent Descent's win in the Hollywood Starlet

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I thought she looked real good. Perhaps not quite as powerful as she did sprinting in here first two starts, but this was her first time around two turns, and she sure looked strong when coming off the rail to circle the leaders on the turn. Then she just exploded away from May Day Rose in upper stretch to open up a clear lead in thew matter of a few strides. Definitely wasn't in hand this gtime, but she still never got touched by the whip, and i think she's likely to improve with the route experience under her belt (not to mention some physical development in the months to come). Still think she's the best young filly prospect i've seen in ages.

YouTube - The 30th Running of the Hollywood Starlet (GI)

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I thought she looked real good. Perhaps not quite as powerful as she did sprinting in here first two starts, but this was her first time around two turns, and she sure looked strong when coming off the rail to circle the leaders on the turn. Then she just exploded away from May Day Rose in upper stretch to open up a clear lead in thew matter of a few strides. Definitely wasn't in hand this gtime, but she still never got touched by the whip, and i think she's likely to improve with the route experience under her belt (not to mention some physical development in the months to come). Still think she's the best young filly prospect i've seen in ages.

YouTube - The 30th Running of the Hollywood Starlet (GI)

I'd have to agree. If anything worried me it was that Flores moved her too early and she was going to start to play around. Her last two starts she was in a chokehold until the final hundred yards. I only see her improving off this effort and she is clearly the top 2yo filly in the states.

I expect her to be sidelined for a couple months and return strong in Feb/March to prep for the Oaks (or even the Derby). I haven't really had a favorite 2yo colt this year (as I have every other year), and she is my favorite 2yo prospect at the moment.

Does anyone know when Dialed In is targeted for a return to the races?
    Also any early thoughts on Comma to the Top or the CashCall Futurity?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. If anything worried me it was that Flores moved her too early and she was going to start to play around. Her last two starts she was in a chokehold until the final hundred yards. I only see her improving off this effort and she is clearly the top 2yo filly in the states.

I expect her to be sidelined for a couple months and return strong in Feb/March to prep for the Oaks (or even the Derby). I haven't really had a favorite 2yo colt this year (as I have every other year), and she is my favorite 2yo prospect at the moment.

Does anyone know when Dialed In is targeted for a return to the races?
    Also any early thoughts on Comma to the Top or the CashCall Futurity?

He is at Palm Medows and will probably run the GS or Tampa way to the Derby Trial.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, my guess is that Dialed In will turn up in the Holy Bull.

Here's the Gulfstream stakes schedule, btw:

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/RACING/HORSEMEN/Stakes+Schedule/