Santa Anita play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 6

#7 Malibu Pier* (6/1 ml)

Tough spot here while facing the likes of Switch (whom i picked in the Breeders Cup, you know), but this filly was absolutely sensational in her only previous one-turn race, getting stopped cold in the stretch before somehow regaining her stride to win going away at the wire. Tries a new surface here, but had no problem switching to the main track last time, and despite being 2-for-3 around two turns,* i think she might be better sprinting. Also, her record at the longer distances indicates that she'll have no problem with the 7-furlong sprint distance. Bejarano is off to ride Always a Princess for Baffert, not crazy about that, but i'm confident this filly cam be a major factor in this race while perhaps being a bit overlooked at the windows. If she runs back to her debut, she's gonna be tough.

HRT record:

76 for 279 (27%)

$639.20 mutuels ($8.41 avg)

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Santa Anita - Race 6

#7 Malibu Pier* (6/1 ml)

Tough spot here while facing the likes of Switch (whom i picked in the Breeders Cup, you know), but this filly was absolutely sensational in her only previous one-turn race, getting stopped cold in the stretch before somehow regaining her stride to win going away at the wire. Tries a new surface here, but had no problem switching to the main track last time, and despite being 2-for-3 around two turns,* i think she might be better sprinting. Also, her record at the longer distances indicates that she'll have no problem with the 7-furlong sprint distance. Bejarano is off to ride Always a Princess for Baffert, not crazy about that, but i'm confident this filly cam be a major factor in this race while perhaps being a bit overlooked at the windows. If she runs back to her debut, she's gonna be tough.

I was just about to post this one. On her and Caracortado today. Was on Sidneys Candy but with the scratches he will likely be unplayable. Good luck today DC.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Malibu Pier runs second @ 6/1.