Who will run with Switch ?

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Anyone know who will run against Switch inthe G1 Santa Monica? St. Trinian comes to my mind as a posible runner. I don't think Champagne D'Oro's connection will take another shot, after her last race. Alot of Filly's & Mare's will be running inthe Sunshine Million inthe F&M and Sprint. Who will run? :surprised:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I just surfed around and couldn't find anything. I'd have to think Malibu Pier would probably take another shot at her, but who knows. She's a versatile sort and has other options. The race is still three weeks away; might be a couple of weeks before they start listing probables on the Santa Anita website. The "Stable Notes" section is the best place to look for that kind of stuff.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    I just surfed around and couldn't find anything. I'd have to think Malibu Pier would probably take another shot at her, but who knows. She's a versatile sort and has other options. The race is still three weeks away; might be a couple of weeks before they start listing probables on the Santa Anita website. The "Stable Notes" section is the best place to look for that kind of stuff.

I still feel like Malibu Pier may do her best running on the turf and I'd have to say her versatility gives her too many options to want to face Switch again. She sort of reminds me of Evening Jewel. She can sprint or route, on any surface.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Will Zardana take a crack at it ? Haven't heard from her in a while. Misremembered hasn't ran since Mar. but her last workout was yesterday. She ran 2nd to Blame by 1/4 length at CD.
  • GGlennonGGlennon Banned
    edited January 2011
    Twirling Candy broke Spectacular Bid’s 30-year-old track record for seven furlongs with a nose victory in Sunday’s $250,000 Malibu Stakes on the first card run on the new dirt track at Santa Anita. Twirling Candy won the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes by the narrowest of margins over Smiling Tiger, finishing in 1:19.70. Spectacular Bid was timed in 1:20 when he won the same race in 1980
    I don't know if the two will run tougher but there is a contender.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    cinfront wrote: »
    Will Zardana take a crack at it ? Haven't heard from her in a while. Misremembered hasn't ran since Mar. but her last workout was yesterday. She ran 2nd to Blame by 1/4 length at CD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Misremembered a colt?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Misremembered is male, yes. So are Twirling Candy and Smiling Tiger, for that matter.