Super Bowl prop

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
James Starks OVER 16 rushing attempts (-110 @ Lucky's)

This one just jumped off the page at me. In the Packers' three playoff games, Starks had 23 carries against the Eagles, 25 against the Falcons, and 22 against the Bears. If he winds up with 15 or fewer in this game, i'll be very surprised. Particularly if the Packers are leading in the second half, which of course they're favored to be.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Bump.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    You might find this interesting. Tom Silverstein, the Packers beat writer for the Milwaukee Journal and a writer I respect, was asked in an online chat about the number of rushing attempts Starks might get. This was his answer:

A: Tom Silverstein - "... I think you're going to see a lot of Brandon Jackson and not so much Starks. I think you'll see the Packers spread the field early and see how the Steelers react. One thing that sticks in my mind is the first two plays of the last Steelers-Packers game when the Packers went three wides and the Steelers blitzed right up the middle both times, knocking Rodgers on his back both times. The back was Ryan Grant and he didn't do a good job of picking up the blitz. That's why I think you'll see a lot of Jackson."
    edited February 2011
    I read the same piece a few days ago. I guess we'll see what happens, but I still like my Starks play as much as I ever did. FWIW, the total on Brandon Jackson rushing attempts is 2.5 here in Vegas.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    maybe betting both might work for us
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited February 2011
    Looks like you fell into a big trap, after looking at pitt rushes against you didnt do your homework.
    edited February 2011
    Starks was the only running back to carry the ball for the Packers during the entire game (a game the Packers led throughout), and still only got 11 carries.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    rumple wrote: »
    Looks like you fell into a big trap, after looking at pitt rushes against you didnt do your homework.

Thanks Captain Hindsight