Dialed In Beyer

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I see where Dialed In received a Beyer of 96 for the Holy Bull. He ran a faster time than Soaring Empire (105) and Apriority (102) which both received a much greater final number. I have been playing the horses for quit sometime and I still cannot figure out how they come up with these numbers. I guess if Dialed In would of went gate to wire on the front end and not closed over a speed bias track like the Stream he would of gotten a triple digit number.

fb

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I see where Dialed In received a Beyer of 96 for the Holy Bull. He ran a faster time than Soaring Empire (105) and Apriority (102) which both received a much greater final number. I have been playing the horses for quit sometime and I still cannot figure out how they come up with these numbers. I guess if Dialed In would of went gate to wire on the front end and not closed over a speed bias track like the Stream he would of gotten a triple digit number.

fb

The smaller the better. Last thing we need is some lofty triple digit beyer number to drag down his price in the future even more. His race yesterday is certainly going to do much of that on its own. Like DC said, I cant wait to see how Vegas responds. He'll easily move to second or third lowest morning line right beloiw Uncle Mo.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Betfair And Harry's In England Got Him Listed 4th Now...waiting Also On Odds And Vegas Reaction...
    First Grouping Tomorrow...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Like FL said, the smaller the better. Who the hell cares about Beyers anyway? It's a total non-issue.

Btw, what did Dialed In get for his huge debut run? A 77?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    On a personal note, I got to meet Mr. Lapenta the morning of the Oaks as Ice Box was galloping. This gentlemen is in his 80's gets around like a champ and has the handshake of a powerflifter. Since he was an elder gentlemen I went in to shake his hand very gentle not like some ahole and he put a hand shake on me that I had to smile from cringing and buckling my knees. Great man for this game.

fb
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    i just take them beyers and wipe my a*$ with them....just go by the time and track variant and similar races to match it against....also 3yo dont stand a chance to get triple digits except like the big e last year...wack
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Here is an email from one of my partners with Rob Lapenta Jr. below. Read from the bottom up.

fb

Thanks Matt. We couldn't have dreamed for a better performance. He might be the best we have ever had. Now we need to get him happy and healthy to May 7th.

Rob

On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:56 PM, longball714 wrote:

Robby,

Great job Sunday! We all had him here at the Fairgrounds and made for a super day. Best to your folks.

Matt
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Pretty cool, FB! Thanks for posting...