Zazu

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Anyone, in here, know where this horse's next race is and where?

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    This Saturday at SA in a big stakes race.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Santa Anita Park - February 5, 2011

Race 4 - 2:03 PM
    STAKES Las Virgenes S. (Grade I)

Purse $250,000. For Fillies, Three Years Old. By subscription of $375 each to accompany the nomination or by supplementary nomination of $5,000 by time of entry. $3,750 additional to start, with $250,000 guaranteed, of which $150,000 to first, $50,000 to second, $30,000 to third, $15,000 to fourth and $5,000 to fifth 122 Lbs. Non-winners of a Grade I race at One Mile of Over, allowed 3 lbs,: Non-winners of a Grade II OR Grade III race at One Mile or Over, 5 Lbs. This race is part of the "Black-Eyed Susan 2.2" Starters to be named through the entry box by the closing time of entries. A trophy will be presented to the owner of the winner. . One Mile.
    PP Horse Virtual

Stable A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer

1 Plum Pretty (PA) 3/F L* M Garcia 117 B Baffert
    2 Bluegrass Chatter (MD) 3/F L* G K Gomez 117 J Hollendorfer
    3 Tiz the Route (KY) 3/F L* B Blanc 117 J Herrick
    4 California Nectar (CA) 3/F L* P A Valenzuela 117 D F O'Neill
    5 May Day Rose (FL) 3/F L* R Bejarano 119 B Baffert
    6 Turbulent Descent (FL) 3/F L* D R Flores 122 M Puype
    7 Zazu (KY) 3/F L* J Rosario 117 J W Sadler

Unfortunately for Zazu, she goes up against the monster that is Turbulent Decent. At this point, I'm fairly certain this race will be unplayable (from my pov). After her last, TD will likely offer far short of anything close to value (1/5 is what I'd assume) and I also don't see myself betting against her. Great watching race as I follow my favorite 3yo filly down her path to the Oaks.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I'm just glad we've been able to bet Turbulent Descent in her last two.

Incidentally, she's listed on a current Derby sheet @ 150/1. The thought has crossed my mind, especially with Rachel winning the Preakness a couple of years ago, and then Devil May Care going in the Derby last year. Seems like maybe trainers are more willing to do it now. I haven't had any success betting fillies to win that race though, obviously. I've bet maybe 4 or 5 of them over the years, and got a second out of Eight Belles a few years ago. Had Rachel to win the Derby @ 125/1. That sucked big-time.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    I see Rosario chose to stay on Zazu.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Good Call!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Timely post. The horse looked great today, hope you had her.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh, and you know that. I hope you guys cashed in as well.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Looking over the past matchups between TD and Zazu,Zazu may be the better horse this year.TD like most horses peak early in there 2 year old season,Im not taking anything away from her,TD really good horse but a horse you may want to bet against in the near future!