Houdin magic at Gulfstream

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream

3rd race-IF i unloaded on Washington Rules in the Sam Davis against Brethren why wouldnt i do the same here.If you look at his works the 59 on Feb 3 is a throwout,they had him ready in the Sam Davis to stay close behind Brethren,oops didnt work,hes a one move horse,and in that move he better get to the lead or else hes dead,Comes back with a breeze of 48,which indicates to me he will lack speed today.Washington Rules will rebound i just hope at hte right price

$125 win if higher then 3/1.
I will take a shot with a $10 box #1,3 Hothersal has me interested.Arch Travel nice horse at odds on no thanks.

4th race-$125 win on Papaw Bodie-Sharp 7/2 or higher.

6th race-$125 win # Sequoia Warrior-In his debut his turn of foot in his winning move was under 3,in his 2 career race he had 1 pace due to the stretch out,IMO his debut was a whole lot better then his 2nd race.The 2 horse Gold Necessities has been working really good,(MAY WANT TO PUT IN YOUR STABLE IT WONT BE LONG),Point of Entry ran really good in his debut,but after watching Fairview Heights Thursday i will wait for his turf debut.As far as San Pablo at even money,who cares.
Exacta $10 6 with 2,3.

Davona Dale-IMO Dancinginherdreams wouldnt get a nickel of my money.First and foremost i dont think shes as good as she was last year,call me crazy.She had every thing her way in her comeback race and couldnt get it done (the comment reads gaining i saw it different the horses up front were tiring especially the winner who dueled the whole race),some will use the excuse that was her first race off the layoff,ok.At 3/5 no way,she will get her pace here,and she will make her 1 move.No thanks.In my pick 4 ticket i will use 4,5,7,8.
She will be overbet.Wont be the first time im wrong.
The Hutchenson-Travelin Man is not facing a 4 horse field he will get company up front Madman Diaries,which sets up the race for either Black N Beauty or Leave of Absence.
Both of theses horses have one of my favorie angles.BEYER IMPROVEMENT on pp line in there 2nd race off the layoff in which they finish off the board.BNB last race was huge dueled and held well and his beyer improved 4 pts off his lost,LOA improved in the same race 4 pts and his turn of foot winning move was under 3 after being squeezed bac in the chute.I smell upset in this race.
$100 win on BNB and LOA,LOA has 3 works in 26 days,BNB 2 works in 26 days both have held there form,both will run big.
7,8,-in my pick 4 ticket saving with 2,3
Fountain of Youth-Soldat IMO is a killer,will use him and the 2 Gourmet Dinner ran really good in last race.So far i love the Dial In race,but i dont love the Dial In.As far as To Honor and Serve i know he beat Mucho Macho Man last year in twice,both 5 horse fields.MMM im not a big fan of.Soldat tracks To Honor and Serve around the track and wins easily.Now if To Honor and Serve is the one chasing Soldat then its a different story.Good race.

11th race of the day.My best bet $200 win on #1 Best Act.
In his debut he ran into Rocking Out and NO ONE was beating Ro in that race,Crossbow the 3rd place finisher came back and won,this was back on Nov 27th(Ramon Dominguez aboard that day),returns to the races
on Jan 8 at a mile as the favorite from post 1 with 5 horses with speed outside of him,didnt run a lick,use the race as a workout.Best's Act has been working since Nov,his fastest work since NOV 21 has been on the TURF 5F in 1:00,Drops in class runs makes in TURF DEBUT,DOMINGUEZ BACK TO RIDE AND 7 1/2 furlongs suits perfectly.Pulpit horses are very versatile and run well on the turf
The betting public will see his last race and i will get 6/1.Working up a storm.
I will use him 1 as my key in the pick 4 and save with 4,3,8.$5 box 1 with ,3,4,8.

After today i will regret coming back sooner then i wanted hoping to turn Feb into a winning month.

Good luck to all!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Houdini:

Thanks, Good Write-up.
    Like you, I am a BIG fan today of SOLDAT. I plan on a wheel of Soldat in 1st & 2nd with the 2/7.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    3rd
    #6 Nacho Business
    WP

8th
    #9 Dancinginherdreams
    Win Only (Pass if under 4/5)

9th
    #8 Black N Beauty
    WP

10th