Drayney's Uncle Mo in HIDING!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I haven't been around in a couple of days, buy could not help but notice this morning that Drayney seems to light up a fire with his assessments of this years Derby trail horses. Always being one to throw gas on a fire, it seems to me that Uncle Mo will have a glorified workout and then jump in at the Wood, where he will face the road of least resistance in the way of competition. Other contenders will be seasoned, especially the ones showing up at Oaklawn for the Rebel. In a field of 20, seasoning matters and those who have it will be at an advantage.

Comments

• HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Is Uncle Mo really heading to the Wood?
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I haven't been around in a couple of days, buy could not help but notice this morning that Drayney seems to light up a fire with his assessments of this years Derby trail horses. Always being one to throw gas on a fire, it seems to me that Uncle Mo will have a glorified workout and then jump in at the Wood, where he will face the road of least resistance in the way of competition. Other contenders will be seasoned, especially the ones showing up at Oaklawn for the Rebel. In a field of 20, seasoning matters and those who have it will be at an advantage.

Didnt want to get heat from Soldat or Flashpoint.Wants the dream trip sit behind THE FED EASE in the Wood then blow his doors off in the lane.Come the first Saturday in May there isnt a dream trip.Heat up front.What a Wus!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Zenyatta who managed to avoid competition all the way to HOY last year. Pletcher knows what he is doing. Uncle Mo's first 5 races will include 3 G1 races. Yeah he is really ducking top competition.:sad:
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    Zenyatta who managed to avoid competition all the way to HOY last year. Pletcher knows what he is doing. Uncle Mo's first 5 races will include 3 G1 races. Yeah he is really ducking top competition.:sad:

LOL

Zenyatta was a well seasoned veteran monster.
    I can count Uncle Mo's races on one hand.
    A big difference on taking the easy route on a 3yo trying to mature and peak for the derby than veteran Zenyatta's path to BC.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I disagree. Uncle Mo is not trying to peak for the Derby. The Derby and the Preakness are a given. He is trying to peak for Belmont. There is a reason he will be 1 to 9 in the Wood and 9 to 5 in the Derby and 1 to 9 in the Preakness.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I love the new key derby word PEAK!!!!! LOL
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    I disagree. Uncle Mo is not trying to peak for the Derby. The Derby and the Preakness are a given. He is trying to peak for Belmont. There is a reason he will be 1 to 9 in the Wood and 9 to 5 in the Derby and 1 to 9 in the Preakness.

This may be Draynay's greatest post ever.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    As you all know I am not a big Wood Memorial fan. Mo will have a better shot at winning the derby if he isnt pushed hard in the Wood. I always felt this race took alot out of the winner. (ex. a hard used tapit)
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Was trying to find the thread but I know one of you guys was very high on Premier Pegasus and he looked good today!