Baffert works The Factor one mile in Rebel drill

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Oh yeah, DC. I forgot why I registered and never posted - The guy (or girl) draynay is a complete fucking moron.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Running a mile work isn't going to help your horse 1 foot further than his breeding and his will will take him. The Factor is a sprinter and nothing more.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    And you know this because..........
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    And you know this because..........

Because he's Draynay.

Just like Big Drama won the Preakness, Dunkirk won the Derby and Belmont, Quality Road was the best horse of the decade....

Oh wait, that's right, none of those ever happened.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    A mile move now tells me the trainer thinks his horse is short. I have seen it a thousand times over the last 40 years. Bet him big and let me know how it works out for you.
    edited March 2011
    I already bet him big when he set the track record. Btw, it worked out pretty well for me... :yes:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    BEFORE the race when you plan on betting big on him again.:yes:
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    BEFORE the race when you plan on betting big on him again.:yes:

You're a fucking ass clown as usual, and yes DC gave him out big before the race (again). Fucking moron you are drayton nay.
    edited March 2011
    A mile move now tells me the trainer thinks his horse is short. I have seen it a thousand times over the last 40 years. Bet him big and let me know how it works out for you.

And stop saying you've seen shit for 40 years, you're 12 years old.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? The Factor won but at what expense? He won't win anything over 1 1/16th so enjoy it now. He struggled running modest fractions a little pressure and he would have folded like a cheap suit. He is not a Derby horse.
    edited March 2011
    So it went from "The Factor is a sprinter and nothing more" to "he won't win anything over 1 1/16th" in the same thread? Nice work, Draynay.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    He hasn't won at 1 1/8th and he won facing no speed at all. He won you can't take that away from him but he looked extended and he faced nothing. I haven't changed my mind he is still just a sprinter. Baffert would be nuts to put that horse in the Santa Anita.(N)
    edited March 2011
    You know who else hasn't won at 1 1/8th? Just take a guess....
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    The Factor won just like I said he would, setting moderate fractions that were 15 to 20 lenths slower than we no he's capable of. Now at a mile and a quarter they should be even slower, which I think that will be him and Uncle Mo all the way around Churchill wire to wire and may the best horse sustain his bid and win over the other.
    edited March 2011
    I don't think either horse is winning the Derby. Although i would like to see The Factor win it.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Uncle Mo is still 10 lengths better than anything out there. The Derby is just 6 weeks away and who do you think has improved enough to give Uncle Mo a contest as a 2 year old? Who is approaching a 108 Beyer or anything near it? THS ? Dialed In ? Jaycito ? Soldat ? Who ?

Uncle Mo won't win the Derby ? Based on what ? I have seen him twice now and if you think he can't run another 300 yards I was there at the Breeders Cup he did it with ease. At the Timely he ran half way around the track before they could pull him up.

Some years it is close and there are quite a few contenders but this is a no brainer folks. Uncle Mo is much better than the rest of the field and if you are pinning any hopes on The Factor you just wasting time and money.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Uncle Mo is still 10 lengths better than anything out there. The Derby is just 6 weeks away and who do you think has improved enough to give Uncle Mo a contest as a 2 year old? Who is approaching a 108 Beyer or anything near it? THS ? Dialed In ? Jaycito ? Soldat ? Who ?

Uncle Mo won't win the Derby ? Based on what ? I have seen him twice now and if you think he can't run another 300 yards I was there at the Breeders Cup he did it with ease. At the Timely he ran half way around the track before they could pull him up.

Some years it is close and there are quite a few contenders but this is a no brainer folks. Uncle Mo is much better than the rest of the field and if you are pinning any hopes on The Factor you just wasting time and money.

After The Factor Gets Done :Uncle Mo Will Be A Distant Cousin.:drinking:
    edited March 2011
    Draynay, i know this isn't your style, but you really need to keep an open mind about these things.

Is Uncle Mo a very good (possibly even great) horse? Sure, of course he is. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

Ask yourself how winter-book favorites have fared in the Derby over the years though. Not real well, and that's putting it mildly. It doesn't have anything to do with talent, it's just that there a TON of extraneous factors in play. More than any other race in the world, probably. I could spend ten minutes listing them all, and still miss some probably. That would just be a waste of time though, anyone who's been following horses as long as you have should know what i'm talking about (though you choose to just ignore it).

The main problem i'm having with Uncle Mo at this point is something you yourself mentioned in the above post:

"The Derby is just 6 weeks away"

What has Uncle Mo done to prepare for it? Win a one-turn mile vs. a tiny field, while racing alone on a ridiculously soft pace? Sure he finished fast, but he had zero excuse not to. It doesn't prove anything. The distance up the Wood will help in his development, but again, he figures to get little-to-no pressure while racing against a tiny field. The horse just hasn't been pushed at all, which isn't going to help when he's asked to run 1 1/4 miles vs. a huge field vs. what figures to be some very serious pace pressure. And while he might be able to rate, the Derby isn't the place you want to start experimenting with those things.

That's the other big problem i have with his Derby chances, his running style. If you like Uncle Mo, you had better pray that The Factor doesn't make the race. Is Uncle Mo better than The Factor? Who knows, maybe, but that's not even the issue. The issue is that The Factor (and perhaps a few others) will undoubtedly be applying serious pace pressure to a horse that hasn't faced it in a very long time, and who will be racing 1 1/4 miles for the first time, with over 15 horses in hot pursuit. Even if he puts away The Factor (or whomever), it's a long way to the wire dude, and he's probably going to be softened up. That's why frontrunners are a notoriously bad bet in that race. Maybe Uncle Mo has the talent and the stamina to overcome all this, it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world. But he's really up against it, in my opinion.

And for all he has to overcome, he'll offer what, 3/1 or less? You can have him.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I understand what you are saying but did you not see the G1 Champagne or the G1 Breeders Cup Juvi? In the Champagne he faced about as much speed pressure as you can get and he still had plenty in the tank. Did you not see him rate in the Breeders Cup? It was a 10 horse field and he rated 2 lengths behind the speed with no problem. He loves Churchill and has a G1 win on the surface going 2 turns that is a HUGE advantage over other horses. I saw him up close before the Timely and I took pictures of him walking out to the track that day let me tell you he is a very muscular horse. I saw the same type of horse as Seattle Slew. Slew knew he was better and you get the same sense from Uncle Mo. I heard all this speed nonsense before when Bob Blackjack was in the Derby a few years ago. Everyone from California was telling me how fast he was and how he would burn up Big Brown. Yep it all sounds familiar. There is a reason Uncle Mo will be 9 to 5 on Derby Day. Could this or that happen yeah I guess if you ran the race 100 time 5 times something crazy could happen but 95 times Uncle Mo would win the race. Looking for someone to beat Uncle Mo this year is futile.
    edited March 2011
    You're actually right about the BC Juvenile, he did rate just a touch in that one.

So you're saying he has a 95% chance to win? Is that just on raceday, or starting on March 20th?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    One thing we will always agree on..... you can't win unless you are in the gate.
    edited March 2011
    Better knock it down to 80% then......lol