Does it really matter ?

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited February 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
We all know Uncle Mo is going to win the Wood. And he will win it with ease. This will cement him as the heavy Derby favorite. But let's assume the winners of the other races as well.

The Arkansas, well let's give it to The Factor. Does it matter? Does ANYONE really believe this front runner can go 1 1/4 ?

The Santa Anita, Jaycito will win but many believe PP will win again. Does it matter? The winner of the SA has not mattered in 20 years and it won't now.

That leaves the Florida Derby. Ok Soldat wins again so what. Does anyone believe this front runner wants any part of The Factor and Uncle Mo ?

So who wants to put their money down on Soldat who isn't really that fast ?

So who wants to put their money down on The Factor who just can't get the distance ?

So who wants to put their money down on Jaycito or PP ? One of them will win the SA but it just doesn't matter does it.

Well, that's it. There isn't really any other horses worth talking about for the win is there. Dialed In ? Please he couldn't win a allowance race.

The fact is this class just isn't very deep and none of them seemed to have enough time to get good enough to really give Uncle Mo a contest.

The four biggest preps coming up and it really doesn't matter who wins. You just can't build a case for any other horse.

Comments

• cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    You're funny. None of the 3yrolds have ran 1 1/4, which includes Uncle Mo. So, scratchout what you wrote on The Factor. Dialed In's race was nothing but a workout race as prep for The Florida Derby. So scratch that out. With Premier Pegusus, I really like the way he's coming along (Improving) and the name of the game is to have the earnings to get in with your horse peaking at that moment.
    So, enough said, how about giving us your choice, say, in Penn National's 3rd race or something good at Aquaduct. Give us something other than just pissing people off with this Rachel Alexander stuff all over again.
    For instance: Santa Anita 24Mar. R5 #11 Cool Inlet---- Ran in a key race (The Factor's Maiden ) also #5 Houston Harbor---- who ran 2nd in that same Maiden race.
    Lets make some money and cut out the nonsence. This is not was this sites about.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    cinfront wrote: »
    You're funny. None of the 3yrolds have ran 1 1/4, which includes Uncle Mo. So, scratchout what you wrote on The Factor. Dialed In's race was nothing but a workout race as prep for The Florida Derby. So scratch that out. With Premier Pegusus, I really like the way he's coming along (Improving) and the name of the game is to have the earnings to get in with your horse peaking at that moment.
    So, enough said, how about giving us your choice, say, in Penn National's 3rd race or something good at Aquaduct. Give us something other than just pissing people off with this Rachel Alexander stuff all over again.
    For instance: Santa Anita 24Mar. R5 #11 Cool Inlet---- Ran in a key race (The Factor's Maiden ) also #5 Houston Harbor---- who ran 2nd in that same Maiden race.
    Lets make some money and cut out the nonsence. This is not was this sites about.

Well said. Draynay will fade to black when Uncle Mo flops and he comes back guns blazing on another horse to win the other legs. After what will likely be another 0-3 year for Draynay he will return the following March to hype the top 2yo or early derby favorite.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Could not agree more. I'm trying my best, but if this game was that easy we would all be in the Islands drinking little shots with umbrellas in them. I did give out Harve de Grace on Saturday in the Azeri Stakes at Oaklawn, who returned $5.80. If you followed the posts, you would know that King also had this with some very good info from trainer Larry Jones. BTW, Harve de Grace looked just super and her time was actually just a click or two faster than The Factor ran in the Rebel. The key race on Thursday at SA race 5 looks good, and with a number 11 It might just be a decent field for once at SA.

I'm going to make phone calls this week to trainers in NY, Fl, and La and will try to solicit some good info on this weeks races.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Scratch what I said about The Factor ? He won the Rebel ! How many Derby winners have come from the Rebel in the last 20 years? If he wins the Arkansas then he will be worth talking about but until he does he is a sprinter and Baffert knows it. He believes his best chance for the Derby is Jaycito.

Soldat is your winner of the Florida Derby. Speed is rare with these young 3 year old horses and Soldat has more experience facing top horses than anyone else. He has been to Belmont, Churchill, Saratoga and he owns Gulfstream. I believe he will be the only horse going to Churchill in May with 3 races at 1 1/8th in his pocket and all three wins.:yes:

Like I said Jaycito should win the SA but it hasn't mattered for 20 years and I don't see it making any difference this year in the Derby.

I am looking to fill a Derby ticket for the Tri. I know who will be on top the tough part is picking who will also be there at the end. Right now it is hard to imagine anything but a Uncle Mo and Soldat exacta.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    John, anything you can tell us regarding a Keeneland 2yo to watch?
    edited March 2011
    A little early right now. Most are just now shipping into Keeneland if the connections think they are ready. I know of one who is the talk of Aiken, and who will no doubt go to Todd Pletcher. A 2yo colt named Street Fight, and his partnership interests were only offered to Cot's big long time partners. I think he sold for around $200k at the Florida sale just concluded. Already 16.1 hands and muscled up way more than a 2yo is expected to look. Your basic Mr. Prospector/Deputy Minister bloodlines who is bred along the same lines as Curlin, Jazil, Midnight Lute, and worth noting that the Silver Deputy broodmare have accounted for the likes of El Corredor and Roman Ruler.

Worked an easy 1/8 the other day on a slow training track in a sizzling 10.1. He really turned some heads. Canadian bred will probably show up in Keeneland and progress to Saratoga on his way to the Woodbine whrer he will be elgible for the Can. bred stakes races which are quite lucrative.

Depending on how my tax situation goes, which at this point looks bleak , I may buy an interest in a Speightstown/Unbridled 2yo colt who is in my price range and is absolutely a stunning good looking roan colt who inherited his color from Unbridled Song. Promises to be a fast one and should be ready to run at Keeneland or early at Churchill.
    edited March 2011
    Now that's what i'm talking about.....thanks John!
    edited March 2011
    I should probable be remiss for failing to mention that 2yo STREET FIGHT is out of BC Juv and Ky Derby winner Street Sense, who is out of Street Cry, the sire of Zenyatta, and that there is also plenty of Northern Dancer in his package.
    edited July 2011
    A little early right now. Most are just now shipping into Keeneland if the connections think they are ready. I know of one who is the talk of Aiken, and who will no doubt go to Todd Pletcher. A 2yo colt named Street Fight, and his partnership interests were only offered to Cot's big long time partners. I think he sold for around $200k at the Florida sale just concluded. Already 16.1 hands and muscled up way more than a 2yo is expected to look. Your basic Mr. Prospector/Deputy Minister bloodlines who is bred along the same lines as Curlin, Jazil, Midnight Lute, and worth noting that the Silver Deputy broodmare have accounted for the likes of El Corredor and Roman Ruler.

Worked an easy 1/8 the other day on a slow training track in a sizzling 10.1. He really turned some heads. Canadian bred will probably show up in Keeneland and progress to Saratoga on his way to the Woodbine whrer he will be elgible for the Can. bred stakes races which are quite lucrative.

Depending on how my tax situation goes, which at this point looks bleak , I may buy an interest in a Speightstown/Unbridled 2yo colt who is in my price range and is absolutely a stunning good looking roan colt who inherited his color from Unbridled Song. Promises to be a fast one and should be ready to run at Keeneland or early at Churchill.

Bump.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    dont think no one was beating stat yesterday...maybe when they go a little longer...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Remember Dray? Lol he is on Top Billing this year
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    The @draynay picture has me fucking dying. Nice shirt. And nice promo girl.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Remember Dray? Lol he is on Top Billing this year

Well he cast the jinx on my early choice as well, time to pick another horse for me! :angry:
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Where's he at these days, I saw him on blood horse articles last year, causing the same shit.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Been seeing him post on Facebook under some of the Horse Racing Links