In the game of chess Baffert loses Queen

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Jaycito to the Wood sounds a bit crazy to me but it sounds like he has no intentions of sending The Factor out to the track in Arkansas again. He has a tired horse and he is going to run him on the speedway again not the track that tired him out. It's now Pletchers move but don't be surprised to see him send some speed out to meet The Factor.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dray

Excuse my language, but WHERE IN THE FUCK DO YOU COME UP WITH SOME OF THIS MISINFORMATION?

The Factor came out of the Rebel in great shape, ate up and looked good. That info comes from Baffert himself, who as I write is headed to Dubai. The Factor is set to fly back to SA today on a Tex Sutton plane with the other West Coast invaders. The Factor's Rebel was run on his own terms and the fractions did little to make him a tired horse. Moreover, the surface last week at Oaklawn was as fast as you will ever see from a track in this part of North America, and the fact that it is identical to the track at Churchill makes this venue a top choice for getting properly conditioned.

In one of your earlier posts, you questioned who ever came from the Rebel in the last 20 years to win the Ky Derby, and I about fell out of my fuckin chair screaming two little words to my computer."SMARTY JONES"
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the great info John. I had Smarty Jones for the win on Derby Day how about you ? My point stands 1 Derby winner in 20 years does not make the Rebel all that important does it? I saw a lathered tired horse after the Rebel you can spin it anyway you like but that is what I saw. Baffert shipping Jaycito all the way to Aqueduct tells me The Factor is not going anywhere. He is staying in California. I could be wrong but we will see.

West Coast invaders? Please. Everyone is a pretender in the Derby. There is not one horse from California I would put in front of Uncle Mo or Soldat. Most of them haven't caught up to Stay Thirsty.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dray

Excuse my language, but WHERE IN THE FUCK DO YOU COME UP WITH SOME OF THIS MISINFORMATION?

The Factor came out of the Rebel in great shape, ate up and looked good. That info comes from Baffert himself, who as I write is headed to Dubai. The Factor is set to fly back to SA today on a Tex Sutton plane with the other West Coast invaders. The Factor's Rebel was run on his own terms and the fractions did little to make him a tired horse. Moreover, the surface last week at Oaklawn was as fast as you will ever see from a track in this part of North America, and the fact that it is identical to the track at Churchill makes this venue a top choice for getting properly conditioned.

In one of your earlier posts, you questioned who ever came from the Rebel in the last 20 years to win the Ky Derby, and I about fell out of my fuckin chair screaming two little words to my computer."SMARTY JONES"

John, he makes shit up about horses he doesn't like. Unfortunately he won't crawl back in to his cave until his hyped horse fails miserably, which tends to happen.
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    Thanks for the great info John. I had Smarty Jones for the win on Derby Day how about you ? My point stands 1 Derby winner in 20 years does not make the Rebel all that important does it? I saw a lathered tired horse after the Rebel you can spin it anyway you like but that is what I saw. Baffert shipping Jaycito all the way to Aqueduct tells me The Factor is not going anywhere. He is staying in California. I could be wrong but we will see.

West Coast invaders? Please. Everyone is a pretender in the Derby. There is not one horse from California I would put in front of Uncle Mo or Soldat. Most of them haven't caught up to Stay Thirsty.

How many Derby winners came out of the Timely Writer....?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I believe the Timely Writer will be 1 for 1 this year. I will let you know May 7th for sure.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    Oaklawn was a speedway on Saturday. I would watch out for Brethren who has been in the deep track of Tampa. He got stuck out in the 10 post in his last two races. A faster track and a better post will make this horse a tough one to beat in the Arkansas.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    the last thing you should be talking about is a track being a speedway...every horse you love comes from the concrete in florida....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    You have MAIDEN winners running 107 at Santa Anita and you think Gulfstream is fast ? Sorry but you are wrong. SA is a speedway.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dray

:yes:
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dray-I need to rebuff just a bit here my friend. First, IF The Factor stays California, a BIG IF.

Secondly you stated "It's now Pletchers move but don't be surprised to see him send some speed out to meet The Factor".

What speed are you talking about? I'm curious. Brethern? A colt who has yet to run higher than an 84 in 4 career starts? He would have to improve his BSF by 20 to win the Arkansas Derby. The same horse that was beaten by a claimer last out? Come on, you are smarter than that! And if he did jump that many speed figs in a month, I would guess Richard Dutrow made it into his barn at some point.

You can argue until you are blue in the face, and you have made some intelligent references relative to Jaycito and others, but come on dude. Brethern? You need to come up with something better than that.:nono:

One just needs to look at the fractions and gallop out of The Factor and realize that this colt legit.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Draynay... get your shiz straight. all intentions are for the Factor to be here for the arkansas derby. baffert did the same thing last year with lookin at lucky.

curlin, lawyer ron, pine bluff, victory gallop, smarty jones, lookin at lucky...5 out of those 6 have won at least one of the triple crown races and the other was a champion. the rebel has been a decent stakes to say the least.

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. – The Factor put up his third triple-digit Beyer Figure in a row Saturday with a 6 1/4-length win the Grade 2, $300,000 Rebel at Oaklawn, and in the process stamped himself as a leading candidate for the Kentucky Derby.

The Rebel was his first test at two turns, and he earned a Beyer of 103.

KENTUCKY DERBY NEWS: Track all the 3-year-olds on the Triple Crown trail

The Factor left Oaklawn early Monday morning to return to his Santa Anita base, and his trainer, Bob Baffert, said he is inclined to send the horse back in for the Grade 1, $1 million Arkansas Derby on April 16.

“Right now, I’d say we’d come back,” said Baffert.

The Factor won his maiden with a Beyer of 108, then the Grade 2 San Vicente in February with a 103. He took quick command of the Rebel, and easily was up by 2 1/2 lengths through an opening quarter in 23.33.

“That’s him,” Baffert said. “He’s just going to be a fast horse.”

In the stretch, The Factor had more, and with his efficient stride he separated himself from the field. He covered 1 1/16 miles in 1:42, the fastest Rebel since Smarty Jones in 2004.

“The thing is, he’s just natural speed,” jockey Martin Garcia said of The Factor. “He’s a really strong horse, but whatever you ask him, he gives it to you. He gives you everything.”

Baffert trains The Factor for Fog City Stable and George Bolton. The horse was a $250,000 purchase at the Barretts 2-year-olds in training sale last May.

“George bought him,” Baffert said. “He worked really well, and he just looked like he was the best horse there at the sale. He was fast, and had a lot of ability and you just hope that it works out and it did.”

Sway Away, the San Vicente runner-up who finished a troubled sixth in the Rebel, lost a front tooth in the race, said his trainer, Jeff Bonde. The Southern California-based horse was second choice in the Rebel.

“I view it as throw-out race,” said Bonde. “We left him in Arkansas. More than likely he’ll run back in the Arkansas Derby.”

The start of the Rebel was delayed when Alternation reared up in the gate, lost his balance, and then sat down in his stall, resulting in him being scratched. Bonde said Sway Away, who had been standing good in the gate, lunged into his stall doors anticipating the break, likely knocking out his tooth. The horse then broke next to last. “He wasn’t set and he got away bad,” said Bonde, noting the Sway Away was then shuffled back in the first turn of the Rebel.

“The reality of the whole deal is the winner won pretty easily,” he added. “But if you take the winner out of the equation, [Sway Away] was beat three lengths to the second horse and I believe he had much more trouble than that.”

Caleb’s Posse, who closed from seventh for second, will be pointed for the Arkansas Derby, said his trainer, Donnie Von Hemel. A start in that race is also being discussed for Alternation, another Von Hemel trainee. He said the horse lost “a little hair” on his left foreleg as a result of the gate incident.

Archarcharch, who was in the stall gate next to Alternation, was kicked by that rival in the hip and lower leg, said Jinks Fires, who trains Archarcharch.

“We got a little hair knocked off in a few spots, no big deal,” said Fires.

Fires said Archarcharch is headed for the Arkansas Derby.

J P’s Gusto is possible for the race, said Steve Bajer, the racing manager for the horse’s owner, John Waken. The horse was farther off the pace than usual in the Rebel and finished seventh. However, he emerged from the race in good physical shape, said his trainer, Joe Petalino.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    another horse i didnt even list ran second in the breeders cup sprint last year to Big Drama (hamazing destiny)

afleet alex also ran in the rebel and got dead last. lol

so yea, i guess the rebel is on the same level as the timely winter... not.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    What the hell is with this thread title? When i first saw it, i was thinking...

"WTF, is The Factor (or maybe Jaycito) off the Derby Trail with an injury???".

Nice work, Draynay.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Afleet Alex came into the Rebel as the odds-on fav, Johnny V came in to ride him, and as King so painfully put it, ran DFL! I do not wish to recall what I lost. However, it was discovered that Alex had spiked a fever and that accounted for his poor performance. Seven weeks later at CD he made a late move to just miss, albeit finishing 4th. The rest of the triple crown races are history. Oh, did I mention that his finishing move in the Arkansas Derby was as good as has ever been witnessed in the history of the game. This is not just my opinion, this opinion is shared by Wayne Lucas, Jack Van Berg, Bob Holtus, Leroy Jolley, and a few others who know just a wee little bit about racing. If you have a chance to pull this race up on one of the race replay sites, I highly recommend you watch that finish. I guess my point is that the Oaklawn racing surface and their stakes program for the last several years have been as good as it gets. But BEWARE, the Ark Derby has a history of coming up on an Wet/muddy off-track, which, btw, has shown a speed bias. Sounds like I'm ringing the bell for The Factor, but not yet, too much racing ahead and alot to look at, especially in California where I think there are many who could play a big part in this year's triple crown races. Stay Tuned, but how about putting up some winners at a Wed at Aqu or someplace where We can all make some money!
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    finished 3rd in the Derby.:peace:
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    finished 3rd in the Derby.:peace:

Should we start recalling your previous big race selections on here?
    Pretty sure 3rd is the best thing you've predicted other than Uncle Mo winning at 1/9 in the Timely Writer.

:peace:
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    we all love draynay selections.....in fact i think we all are still waiting for quality road to finish the classic....way to think out the box and choose chalk...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I was wrong about the winner but I was right about Zenyatta NEVER beating males on dirt. I said she would never win a race on dirt vs. males and she never did.:yes:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, she was terrible...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    She was the best poly horse I have ever seen.