40 Days Away and Nothing has Changed.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited March 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
The Derby is just 40 days away and one thing is very clear. No horse is anywhere near good enough to beat Uncle Mo.

After watching the La and Sunland Derby it is pretty clear Uncle Mo will face very little in the Kentucky Derby. What about Soldat and The Factor? What about them? They are good horses but let's face facts the Derby belongs to Uncle Mo.:yes:

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    The Derby is just 40 days away and one thing is very clear. No horse is anywhere near good enough to beat Uncle Mo.

After watching the La and Sunland Derby it is pretty clear Uncle Mo will face very little in the Kentucky Derby. What about Soldat and The Factor? What about them? They are good horses but let's face facts the Derby belongs to Uncle Mo.:yes:

Years have gone by and still nothing has changed.

You still over-hype one horse and have nothing but negative things to say about all others.
    Soon it will be a few months later and again nothing will have changed because you won't have the winner, yet again.

Uncle Mo still has done nothing as a 3yo but defeat a bunch of allowance n1x horses.
    Most challengers will try to avoid him in the Wood and he will come in to the Derby (if he makes it without injury) without facing anybody of Derby level caliber. Huge money pit.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    my Summer Soiree lock of the day pick.

I was at the Timely Writer and what most DID NOT see is Uncle Mo running a 1/2 a mile around the track past the wire. After Mo won his maiden his next 2 of 3 races have been G1 races and his next 4 will be G1 races so he has met every challenge and no horse has ever been close to him. In the Wood many will avoid him and the only horses racing in the Wood are doing it for the 200k place money.

Soldat is a very good horse but not in the speed range of Uncle Mo.
    The Factor is a sprinter plain and simple.
    Dialed In couldn't beat allowance company
    THAS has not moved forward
    MMM is not in the same area code

Who is left ? This is such a weak group chasing Mo it is hard to imagine Uncle Mo even being asked in the Derby. We may see Mo go off at 8 to 5.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2011
    broken+record.jpg
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    THAS WILL win the Flr Derby this weekend!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    my Summer Soiree lock of the day pick.

I was at the Timely Writer and what most DID NOT see is Uncle Mo running a 1/2 a mile around the track past the wire. After Mo won his maiden his next 2 of 3 races have been G1 races and his next 4 will be G1 races so he has met every challenge and no horse has ever been close to him. In the Wood many will avoid him and the only horses racing in the Wood are doing it for the 200k place money.

Soldat is a very good horse but not in the speed range of Uncle Mo.
    The Factor is a sprinter plain and simple.
    Dialed In couldn't beat allowance company
    THAS has not moved forward
    MMM is not in the same area code

Who is left ? This is such a weak group chasing Mo it is hard to imagine Uncle Mo even being asked in the Derby. We may see Mo go off at 8 to 5.

If the following below flop next out you will be looking at 6/5 at best. If you are a Uncle Mo fan you better wish the following blowup in a big way in coming weeks or Uncle Mo will be not be worth wagering on in straight wagers. If the Factor can win easy again he will take some beating at the windows and you also have to remember the Calvin Borel factor, who ever he is one will take a ton of coin. He will be in the saddle on some colt come May 7!!!!!!!

The Factor - Need him to win more than any the others below.

THAS - Big effort of win in the Fl Derby who will take moderate action, might be the wise guy horse there is always one of them in each derby and they are still running up the track.

Soldat - If he wins will be no less than 3rd choice come the derby ml.

Dialed In - He he blows them up at the Stream or comes flying at the end to get 2nd he will take some coin on derby day.

Premier Pegaus - Really no matter what happens with this one his connections won't garner any interest and he will be higher than 10-1, unless he blows out a 57 5f move at CH
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited March 2011
    I hope the Factor wins for sure. I don't expect him to win but I will be rooting for him.

After Mo crushes them in the Wood it will be hard to see any other horse beating him.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    Kind of hoping that Flashpoint makes two turns and wins going away in the Fla Derby. Though sprint on both sides of the coin it sure could pull some money.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    I meant the swale not the fla derby sorry on flashpoint