Florida Derby

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream

Race 10: #2 To Honor And Serve

I was never really big on Mott trained 3yo's in the past. Although he did have Drosselmeyer ready to run in the Belmont last year after that dull performance in the Peter Pan and I did take full advantage of that. He has changed my mind and Mott will have this horse ready to run today. I think he needed his last race off of the layoff. He has an excellent 2yo foundation and the fact he should be somewhat stalking the front runners today and will make his move before Dialed In should be enough for this horse to pull away in the stretch. I went heavy on this horse today and keyed him over Dialed in for Ex, Tris and Supers.

Also played a small DD with Drosselmeyer/To Honor Serve

GOOD LUCK!

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Shackleford takes them wire to wire ? Give me a break.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    race was ugly....honor and serve may need another break..
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Shackleford ? Please..... THS has not moved forward at all. He looked tired in stretch and they didn't come home very fast at all. Not impressed at all and Soldat mailing it in on a million dollar race ? So much for being battle tested. Unreal. I am going to watch Brethren and The Factor battle it out and watch Uncle Mo crush everyone in the Wood and then bet every penny on Uncle Mo to win the Derby in a hand ride.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    race was ugly....honor and serve may need another break..

Yeah a break back to allowance company. I knew I didnt like Bill Mott with 3yo's for a reason.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    it was a replay from last year....i dont how that race will hold up...romans said he is going to the derby if he gets in...also that race was a second slower then the ladies..
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Dialed In was inches from losing again and to a 65 to 1 shot. Throw out this race because it does not matter. The time was slow and coming home took forever. Dialed In won the Florida Derby good for him but how bad did all these horses look ?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    Dialed In was inches from losing again and to a 65 to 1 shot. Throw out this race because it does not matter. The time was slow and coming home took forever. Dialed In won the Florida Derby good for him but how bad did all these horses look ?

How much money did you lose on Soldat today? :drinking:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Not a dime. Didn't make it to Gulfstream and now I am glad I didn't. Watching a 65 to 1 shot dominate the race wasn't my cup of tea. Pretending any of these horses have a chance against Uncle Mo is getting boring.