Brethren Workout

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Brethren worked yesterday, going in company with 4yo Aikenite at Palm Meadows Tr. Track. Both worked in 59.9 and fastest of 27 or so at the distance. Johnny V was up on Aikenite, not sure who was on Brethren.

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    looking for a win or place in the Arkansas.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Interesting that Johnny V was not aboard Brethren. Dominguez retaining the mount, i guess?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Exactly, no need for Johnny V to spend time on Brethren since he has a live mount in the Ky Derby, at least according to Drayney!
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    i think my darkhorse pick for the arkansas derby is alternation. hopefully he gets his jitters out of the way and makes it to the gate this time but i love this guy
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Santiva. With a big win at Churchill and few others worth looking at it may be Santiva finishing behind Uncle Mo on the Tri ticket.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    i think my darkhorse pick for the arkansas derby is alternation. hopefully he gets his jitters out of the way and makes it to the gate this time but i love this guy

I was very high on Alternation (and had a fairly substantial bet on him) in the SW Stakes, before the scratch. He will at the very least be used in my tickets come the race. I'm hoping he wasn't set back to much because of the scratch.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Draynay wrote: »
    Santiva. With a big win at Churchill and few others worth looking at it may be Santiva finishing behind Uncle Mo on the Tri ticket.

I was in the winners circle for the Risen Star when Mike Smith came over to Gary Stevens to tell him the flight back to Cali was still on time and Gary asked him what did you think of that colt, he stated he needs two more races to peak and I think he might be on the back of this one in KY if he don't pick up a Cali mount in coming weeks. Not stating he can beat Uncle Mo, if Uncle Mo comes out of the Wood in good manner and nothing crazy happens they are all going to be hard pressed to beat this colt on there very best days. Uncle Mo reminds me so much of Smarty Jones with a lesser campaign.

Draynay I will buy you a Uncle Mo hat and send it to you if you please after this weekends race not boast and boast about Uncle Mo in all forums, please don't jinx this young colt as he can really be special this year for all fans of this great sport.

fb