Full field of 10.

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I know many were concerned that a small filed would be in for the the Wood but a 10 horse field is a good size field to meet the 2 time G1 winner. I expect Mo to dominate and I expect him to run 300 yards past the wire.:yes:

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    The horses he is facing makes the Illinois Derby look like a G1.
    Trainers have openly said they are running for 2nd/3rd money to try to slip in Derby.
    The second choice in the race was crushed by Stay Thirsty in Gotham, who has always been over-rated and flopped the next race out.
    Only way he gets/proves anything is if he faces a real challenge early....not if he sits just off cheap speed, and not if gets a leisurely lead either.
    As a 3yo he will have never faced a stakes caliber horse before the Derby. Couple that with the likely 8/5 price come Derby day and it has red flags everywhere.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    I understand BUT. This is his 3rd G1 race in his last 4 races. He does not control who shows up and frankly it just doesn't matter. Uncle Mo is in a class by himself. He is the best 2 year old I have ever seen and watching him in the Timely I can tell you he is light years ahead of any other top 3 year old. Are there some other talented 3 year old horses yes, but none with the talent, speed and ability of Uncle Mo. Watch the Wood closely and notice how Mo responds to even the slightest hand movements. This is a very mature horse that acts more like a 4 year old.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Mo draws #1 post throw him out all the hype for nothing.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Ummmm yeah. No post has more wins since 1900 in the Kentucky Derby than post 1.
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    The Wood field. This weeks sign the apocalypse is upon us...I have no words....
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    I kinda like The Factor, in his next race if he runs a bang up race again Uncle Moe will be a distant cousin in the Derby.:toast:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    The Factor is in trouble. Dance City and Brethren are going to be given instructions to run him into the ground. Dance City will go to the lead no matter how fast he has to go and Brethren will sit behind the speed waiting to clean up. The Factor is going to be pushed and pushed hard and then he has to run a 1 1/4 just 3 weeks later? No thanks he won't get a dime of my money.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    i hope uncle mo wins for you....cause if he dont we will probably have to put your face on a milk carton and hope you show up sometime..