Uncle Mo may have had surgery-Read

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited April 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Uncle Mo has a different action than last year, has obviously underwent some kind of minor surgery over the winter (probably had bone chips cleared from a swollen joint) and has not come back like they thought he would. Secret surgeries in Florida under the guise of R and R happen all of the time--some horses come back...others are never the same. This would explain the pathetically weak prep regiment and kid gloves by Pletcher.

There are rumors at all the tracks and training facilities down here in Florida that Mo underwent surgery in Ocala over the winter and it was very hush hush. That is more than a rumor to a buddy of mine who has an in-law that works where Mo had his surgery. Mo has not just regressed from his two year old form, he has fallen 20 points backwards. That NEVER happens in a top fight racehorse unless soundness issues are involved. You know this...

Mo is obviously not the same horse. Two BSFs at right about 90. Let's get real...I hope he comes back into form, but am bitterly dismayed at Pletcher and Repole for not coming clean to the public about what really went on with Uncle Mo in Florida under the guise of R and R!

Draynay your not too far from the skyway bridge!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Your actually the second to shed light on this. Thanks for update.
    Only upside to this news, however, is Draynay loses a good chunk of money.

http://www.horseracingtalk.com/horse-racing-forum/uncle-mo-update-12453.html
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    Is it possible Uncle Mo just didn't like the surface? The fact is we know he loves Churchill and I still see no 3 year old as talented as Mo.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2011
    That rumor by the way has been around for a while now. Mike says he didn't but who knows for sure these days.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    imo they are not running him the same....if i remember it right he rated in the breeders and i know his first race was really weak and he just trotted to the lead and went on with it but he just dont look comfortable out there in front...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Wouldn't surprise me one little bit. One of my big propblems with Uncle MO this year has been the fact he didn't make his 3yo debut until March. That should probably tell us something...