Wed Belmont--George Weaver Live

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Got some news on two Weaver Live horses running today.

Belmont 3rd
oc $35k n2x NY Bred 6f

#5 CITY TROOPER, 6-1
Former stakes runner by City Zip had surgery, comes back for 2nd off layoff. He really likes it back at Belmont and trainer says he is very live in here today.

#4 QUICK MONEY, 3-1
will try to go w2w here today.

#2 & #3 are the ml fav's but both have many reasons to look elsewhere

TRIFECTA 4/5--4/5--2/3

Race 7
alw $52k n1x 7f turf
Keep your eye on the weather, this play is turf only.

#2 FRIVOLOUS BUCK, 7/2
6 yo ny bred was given the winter off. 5 works over the last 30 days signals readiness in her return in cut-back to 7f. Enough speed in here to set up her late kick. Trainer says all systems on go for a big race in return.

#3 COSSET, 3-1
Didn't take to poly in her last. Return to turf makes this one a must use.

#6 PRINCESS MAURA, 5-1
also took the winter off. 4 speedy works in April and moves up on a yielding turf.

#9 GOLDEN GALLEON, 8-1
throw out last when she fell on face and was vanned off. Came right back to work ok. Previous efforts make this one great value for Pletcher/Ramon

#1 EXCHANGE FUNDS, 6-1
Quick recent works. Sleeper for minor rewards.

#10--just won't leave Little Davey Cohen out of a super.

$1.00 Superfecta($26.00)

2/3--2/3/6--1/6/9--1/6/9/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    7th Race comes off turf, many sct
    #13 CURLINA, a MTO looks very playable but expect 5/2 at best
    edited May 2011
    In the 3rd
    #5 City Trooper got a real mud bath around the turn and didn't like it, finishing 4th, the #4 Quick Money went w2w

The track at Belmont is sealed and looks terrible. I would recommend looking for horses with early speed so as to stay out of the mud.

GOOD LUCK!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Agree John With # 13..'curlina'...should Like The Track....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    In the 3rd
    #5 City Trooper got a real mud bath around the turn and didn't like it, finishing 4th, the #4 Quick Money went w2w

The track at Belmont is sealed and looks terrible. I would recommend looking for horses with early speed so as to stay out of the mud.

GOOD LUCK!

In the 4th - Easy speed winner and speed exacta.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    John---race 7---#13 ...'CURLINA'....Went To The Lead....never Looked Back @ Even Money....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I'm looking at Malibu Glow today. Hard to believe he went off @ 67/1 last time out, as well as he ran.
    edited May 2011
    I was going to post this one later on today in a new post after I checked the weather, but now is as good of time as any.

Belmont 3rd
    #2 MALIBU GLOW, 3-1
    Connections can't be any happier to land in this spot. As you know, Weaver's not known for having his horses ready to fire 1st out, however, this one showed alot in his first. Should sit just off the #1 Big Herman, like he did in last, and get a dream trip under new go-to guy Fast Eddie Castro, who is starting to get all of George's mounts when Javier has other committments. If you believe in the theory that all horses show vast improvement in their 2nd start, and who the hell doesn't, then this should be a major play today.

This race has a ml fav, a Juddmonte homebred for Mott, who looks like a race is needed. A throw-out for me, and with a track drying out, I will use #2 over the 1--4--6 in tri key with a major play on #2 MALIBU GLOW. GOOD LUCK TODAY, and I will post others later when I get my morning info from CD.
    edited May 2011
    I agree. Plenty of reasons he should improve here.
    edited May 2011
    3rd race - Belmont Park - May 05, 2011

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    2 Malibu Glow 6.10 3.70 2.50
    6 Deed It Is 6.80 4.10
    5 Raison d'Etat 3.80
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Malibu Glow entered today in the 10th at Monmouth, $75k Stakes.