Preakness Infield Question

Steve19036Steve19036 Member
edited May 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
looking to head up to Baltimore for the Preakness and found a great deal on infield tickets on Ebay are kids allowed in the infield?

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Steve19036 wrote: »
    looking to head up to Baltimore for the Preakness and found a great deal on infield tickets on Ebay are kids allowed in the infield?

Not sure if they are allowed but I wouldn't recommend bringing them regardless.
    I've been to the Derby infield and that was crazy, the Preakness is supposed to be even crazier.
    Youtube a video of the infield and you'll see what I mean.
  • Steve19036Steve19036 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have seen the videos lol kinda stuck havent made up my mind yet his mother is out of town the weekend of the Preakness great video below

YouTube - Preakness 2007 - Running of the Urinals
    edited May 2011
    To let everyone know i wouldnt be partaking in any of the shenanigans with the child present and would shield him from said shenanigans just looking for cheap seats lol
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    To let everyone know i wouldnt be partaking in any of the shenanigans with the child present and would shield him from said shenanigans just looking for cheap seats lol

There aren't any seats out there unless you are sitting on the ground. First come first serve for space starting at 8:00am. I would highly discourage you from taking a child to the infield, especially if it is a nice day. They can get close to 80,000 jammed in that infield. I sit in the grandstands, have been there for 10 straight years. Have only ventured out to the infield once...LOL

:cool2::cool2:
    edited May 2011
    Guess i will be paying face value and going with the grandstand seats
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    best bet
    edited May 2011
    Guess i will be paying face value and going with the grandstand seats

What was the deal on the infield tickets? How old is the child?

You can get grandstand tickets which are actually under cover so it keeps the sun and heat down for $75.00. Where are you coming in from? I usually park on the street in the neighborhood around the track for free. You can pay upwards of $30 - $50 to park in private lots.

I sit in the purple section "Grandstand Concourse Reserved" for $75.00 a ticket.

LOCAL (410) 542-9400
    TOLL FREE (877) 206-8042, ext. 300
    edited May 2011
    20 bucks a ticket for infield seats on ebay on ticketmaster they go for 44 plus the fees he is 7 years old. I found some grandstand seats on ebay as well i am from right outside of Philadelphia in Glenolden thanks for the advice on parking
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that would be a wild scene for a 7 year old. He'll still see some wild stuff when you guys leave...drunks walking out from the infield but it's not as bad now that they've stopped allowing them to take their liquids onto the infield. 3-4 years ago it was really wild.

Best bet for parking....you can look at google maps for the specifics. Come down 83 South. Get off at Northern Parkway and take that over to the track. Turn right on Pimlico Rd and basically anywhere down there is free to park on the street. Short walk then to the track. I usually park on Manhattan Ave (again check google maps and you'll see), between Rusk Ave and Pimlico Rd.

First race is 10:45am and there will be one race after the Preakness. Crowds usually leave right after the Preakness so if you stay until after the last race it's not bad getting out of there. Just note the windows are PACKED in the afternoon. Bet really early or you'll get shut out.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    ill be there on friday but im not going to try it on saturday....
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    You are better off taking your 7yo child to a whorehouse than the Pimlico Infield on Preakness day. The unofficial mascot of this year's Preakness is part man/ part keg. His name is Kegasus, and I think they are having a few all-you-can-drink specials as well. It's going to be ugly.

:drinking: