Preakness Thread

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    thanks....ill be at pimlico on friday so ill let you guys know how the track is playing...normally this track favors speed...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    This one is sitting on tilt for next weeks race and watch for big action on this colt on next Saturday. He will be all over my tickets. The new shooters in this years Preakness are going to make there names be known.
    edited May 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    This one is sitting on tilt for next weeks race and watch for big action on this colt on next Saturday. He will be all over my tickets. The new shooters in this years Preakness are going to make there names be known.

FLASHPOINT (Pomeroy) breezed five furlongs in 1:00 3/5 Saturday morning at Keeneland, working in company with Grade 3 winner Pleasant Prince (Indy King).

Trainer Wesley Ward used one word -- "fantastic" -- to describe Flashpoint's final timed work before the Preakness.

Flashpoint began his career in the care of trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., but was transferred to Ward's barn in April. He had the fastest work of the day at the distance on May 6 and followed that move with a strong performance under exercise rider Jeffrey Sanchez at 8:30 a.m.

"He started off four or five lengths behind Pleasant Prince, who is a horse that always goes down there in about a minute," Ward said. "He cruised right up to him and finished with speed to spare. Both horses came out of the work awesome. We're really excited."
    edited May 2011
    I'm hearing the same thing about Dialed In as I did before the derby, galloping very average and not looking like a colt coming to a big race. He seems a little off in the back to one of the people on the BS. Stay Tuned.
    edited May 2011
    He continues to bounce over the CH strip and has came out of the derby no worst the wear and is sitting on another good effort. Dale Romans is sky high on this colt and he could me the Musket Man of this years crop.
    edited May 2011
    This one seems to be moving in the right direction and as we all now will be part of the pace battle. He is a big ? mark as he took the worst of it in the Ark Derby and still was there at the end. Could be the kind of longshot that hangs around for 3rd or 4th in this years Preakness.
    edited May 2011
    i like flashpoint but i know his pops was a sprinter....really think animal kingdom is going to win though....maybe him over the grove horse...
    edited May 2011
    Nehro is sitting on the fence and probably will be decided after his upcoming work. I have been told he is carrying good flesh and weight since the Derby and I'm really thinking they are going to be in the starting gates at Old Hilltop.
    edited May 2011
    fb....owner of animal kingdom..barry irwin said on his facebook around noon on derby day that he heard rumors about dialed in coming down with something and him going to scr....just doesnt seem like the same horse to be honest..
    edited May 2011
    Midnight Interlude is sort of an enigma, I'm hearing for one person he shouldnt be in the gate at Old Hilltop and on the other hand I'm hearing from a great source that is looks AWESOME in his gallops this week. Stay tuned as I will be talking to my clocker friend tomorrow to hear what he has seen since the Derby.
    edited May 2011
    just a heads up that we didnt get a lot of rain this weekend like expected...watched a couple races from pimlico at delaware today and the track just looked heavy..
    edited May 2011
    Dance City - He looked ok in his work per the clockers I speak too. He actually worked over a good track and not a sloppy track as per the DRF article. The track was harrowed out for him and that is what is team wanted. He is a big ? mark horse for me at this time.

Dialed In - I keep hearing this one looks no part of running a big race as we heard right before the Derby. I'm so confused that Zito would keep running a horse that seems off to everyone else in the industry and he keeps stating he colt is fine and is sitting on a big performance. Is this colt not a work horse and just a plain ole plodder? Or is there something really wrong?

Saratoga Red - He looks no part of these colts and is a complete toss if he get in to run on Saturday.

Midnight Interlude - This one seems to be coming around and looks to be sitting on a big effort this coming Saturday. As I stated in the Ky Oaks/Derby thread he didn't look good going over the CH strip and that might be the whole reason he didn’t pick his feet up in the Derby. He will be 15-1 or more on the ml after his Derby effort.

Nehro - This one worked this morning and has come out of the Derby carrying great flesh and his coat looks amazing also. He worked real well today and his connections are still sitting on the fence about him running Saturday. I really think Zayat is going to enter this colt.

Animal Kingdom - Galloped over the Tapeta course and isn’t going to work coming out of the Derby. Motion has stated he looks great and has lost his coat and flesh has held up well also. He hasn’t missed a meal and that is a great sign. As I stated back on March 27, 2011 thread this is a serious race horse and he has only five lifetime starts and hasn’t peaked yet. His sheet (Ragz) numbers show a bounce in this upcoming race. I don’t see it on my end as this colt really loped around the track in a very easy manner and just finished up strong at the end passing the others that were spent from easy fractions. He can get the distance in all these races with ease.

MMM - Well this one is going to be the wise guy horse for the Preakness and he will get a work over the Belmont track this coming week tomorrow or Wednesday. We will see how he comes out of it and I’m trying real hard to find a NY connection as my lone source has since left that area and is in Cali now. But I will come across something for us real soon.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    MMM Info, clocker, stable boy, etc.,
    I'm on it!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Dialed In - I keep hearing this one looks no part of running a big race as we heard right before the Derby. I'm so confused that Zito would keep running a horse that seems off to everyone else in the industry and he keeps stating he colt is fine and is sitting on a big performance. Is this colt not a work horse and just a plain ole plodder? Or is there something really wrong?

Doesn't this horse receive some kind of $5 Million bonus if he wins this race? No wonder why he would run him back in this race!
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited May 2011

Flashpoint began his career in the care of trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., but was transferred to Ward's barn in April.

"He started off four or five lengths behind Pleasant Prince, who is a horse that always goes down there in about a minute," Ward said. "He cruised right up to him and finished with speed to spare. Both horses came out of the work awesome. We're really excited."

So, is Flashpoint the only COLT in Ward's barn? By 'we're really excited' Ward means he can't wait to GELD the colt, right? And, after he falls on his face in the Preakness, I'm sure the owner just might be open to it.
    edited May 2011
    MMM is set to work after renovation break this morning. Word is he will gallop around the big Belmont oval and break off around the 3/8 pole with a couple of others about 4 or 5 lengths in front. Going to be alot of eyes on his work. The track has alot of moisture in it but no big deal.
    edited May 2011
    Rain picking up as daylight approaches at Belmont. Forecast calls for more rain today thru the week-end.
    As of around 6:30 local time in NY, track would be consisered "Good"
    edited May 2011
    Its ugly here in Baltimore so handicap for a soft turf on Preakness day...suppose to rain all week...
    edited May 2011
    Nehro has been declared out of the Preakness per his connections.
    edited May 2011
    Not much action this morning at Belmont. Rain came hard at daybreak and only 5 horses had a timed work, with MMM being one of them. My connection missed the work(some connection huh) but was told MMM broke off at the 1/2 pole and had a target or two and that he finished up in 49.28 over the sloppy going without being asked for anything. 1/4 at the distance. Word is that MMM is just getting better and that they expect him to be at his best come Saturday.. Off going today didn't seem to bother him at all. Patrick Kelly was telling everybody to look-out for MMM come Saturday, because he thinks the easy work in the slop today is a sign of what he will run on Saturday. Who knows?
    edited May 2011
    MMM - He is going to be the big wiseguy horse and is going to take a beating at the windows with his 6-1 ml which is higher than Dialed In. I don't see him going off no more than 4/1 on Saturday. I was told that this colt is just busting out of his skin and is also sitting on a huge effort. I finally got in touch with someone that is in the know on the NY Backstretch and they say this colts work over the slop was nothing but perfection. Great connections and a great story behind this one and that goes a long way with the racing gods.

Dialed In - I keep hearing the same this this colt is off and looks nothing like a quality horse that should be in the starting gate on Saturday. I just don't know why ZITO wold run this horse he loves so much and hasn't left him one day back in the Preakness, remember he finished 8th in the Derby at a 1:13 6f. CONFUSED

Shackleford - This one is going to take some money in the Preakness and looks to be a big bouch candiate coming this Saturday. He has lost weight since the Derby and his coat looks very dull as the week went on in Louisville. He could be a throw out and at this time I'm off him unless I here he as turned the corner while at Old Hilltop.

Sway Away - This camp is playing very coy, as they are siting on a huge race and have Go Go in the saddle and look for this one to make one big run right on the last turn as they have instructed GO GO to sit chilly and make that one big winning move. Is he good enought to win? But he will be on all my tickets. This colt has worked to well not to run a HUGE race. Remember his daddy ran one the best races I have ever seen right here at Old Hilltop.

Flashpoint - Ward is beaming over this colt and he should be as fit as a tick working over the Poly at Keeneland and now hitting a fast surface at Old Hilltop. This colt only has 3 starts and two of them were impressive wins and he is one talented colt that will be big in the King Bishop this coming August at the Spa. Can he carry his speed on Saturday to get a piece of it yes and he also can stop like a rock like he did in the Fl Derby.

Dance City - This is the most confusing horse in this race, I really think this colt is better than we all think and is coming out of a key race (ARK DERBY), he took most of the beating in that race as he broke from post 9 and was part of the pace and Sway Away bothered him down the lane and he still stayed on for 3rd only beten 1 3/4 for all the money. One thing I don't like is JJ off the mount and Ramon D in the saddle. Pay Attention

Animal Kingdom - Look perfect and has held his weight and his coat looks beautiful. He is sitting on another peak performance IMO, but Jerry Brow of Thoro-Graph as he is sitting on a big bounce this coming Saturday. We will see!!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
    1. Astrology 15/1
    2. Norman Asbjornson 30/1
    3. King Congie 20/1
    4. Flashpoint 20/1
    5. Shackleford 12/1
    6. Sway Away 15/1
    7. Midnight Interlude 15/1
    8. Dance City 12/1
    9. Mucho Macho Man 6/1
    10. Dialed In 9/2
    11. Animal Kingdom 2/1
    12. Isn't He Perfect 30/1
    13. Concealed Identity 30/1
    14. Mr. Commons 20/
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2011
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Midnite Interlude Jock Change
    Midnight Interlude gets new rider for Preakness
    May 18, 4:52 am EDT

tweet7EmailPrintBALTIMORE (AP)—Midnight Interlude will have a new rider for the Preakness Stakes on Saturday with Martin Garcia replacing Victor Espinoza.

One of the favorites in the Kentucky Derby, Midnight Interlude didn’t run a lick, finishing 16th. Trainer Bob Baffert wasn’t thrilled with the way the race unfolded.

“He broke well and I think everybody was anticipating a fast pace and the jockey grabbed him and he got behind a wall of horses, and he wasn’t ready for that,” Baffert said. “The next thing you know, he’s 10 lengths off. He just lost all interest; he’s really a temperamental type of horse. But I just don’t know. It was a very puzzling race to me.”

LOUISVILLE, KY - MAY 05: Kent…

Getty Images - May 5, 2:02 pm EDT Horse Racing Gallery Baffert said the Santa Anita Derby winner came off the race fine and will fly in from California on Wednesday.

“It took nothing out of him. Nothing,” Baffert said. “He never ran. He was done after three-quarters of a mile. He just lost interest. That was it for him.”

Baffert hopes to rekindle the magic with Garcia, who gave him a fifth Preakness win last year aboard Lookin At Lucky.

This will be Garcia’s second ride on the colt. He was aboard for his first race in January, a third-place finish at Santa Anita.

MACHO READY: With Nehro out of the Preakness picture, Mucho Macho Man could be the chief rival for Animal Kingdom in the Preakness.

While Animal Kingdom drew off to a 2 3/4 -length victory in the Kentucky Derby, Nehro edged Mucho Macho Man by a neck for second place. Those two figured to be among the top challengers in a Preakness rematch.

Then Nehro dropped out Tuesday morning. Owner Ahmed Zayat decided to skip the middle jewel of the Triple Crown and wait for the Belmont Stakes on June 11.

Mucho Macho Man is still on target for the race. He put in his final Preakness work for trainer Kathy Ritvo in the slop at Belmont Park on Tuesday, a half mile in 49.28 seconds with jockey Rajiv Maragh aboard.

“He worked well. He came back great,” Ritvo said.

Ritvo was a major story line before the Derby, bidding to become the first female trainer to capture the race while also gaining widespread attention as a heart-transplant recipient.

Ritvo plans to send Mucho Macho Man down to Baltimore on Wednesday. He is one of four horses who finished behind Animal Kingdom in the Derby and will go for another try in the Preakness, joining Shackleford (fourth), Dialed In (eighth) and Midnight Interlude.

ALMOST IN: Concealed Identity continues to inch closer to the Preakness.

Co-owner Linda Gaudet said Monday the winner of Pimlico’s Tesio Stakes was “80-20” for the race.

By Tuesday, he was all but in.

“He’s doing great; he’s feeling good; so, as of right now, we’re pretty confident we’re going to go ahead and enter him,” Gaudet said.

Concealed Identity could be the horse for the course. He is 2 for 2 at Pimlico.

“We’re very realistic,” Gaudet said. “We’re shooting for the stars, but other than the horses from the Derby, we’re on the same page with the other horses. This horse has run very well at Pimlico and has done everything we’ve asked.”

The Maryland bred horse is stabled at the Bowie Training Center.

ALL QUIET: It’s been a ghost town at the Pimlico Stakes barn with no Preakness runners on the grounds.

That will change Wednesday when the majority of horses arrive, including Dance City for trainer Todd Pletcher. The colt had an easy jog at Churchill Downs on Tuesday and will fly into Baltimore on Wednesday.

The Preakness will be only the fifth start for the colt, third last time out in the Arkansas Derby.

“He seems to be an improving horse,” Pletcher said “He’s getting better with experience and we thought his Arkansas Derby was a very good race. He was the only horse that was part of the early pace scenario that stuck around and got a piece of it. Obviously he’s got to step up to the next level, but he’s showing all the right signs,” Pletcher said.

The trainer is looking for his first Preakness victory after Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver finished eighth and stablemate Aikenite ran 10th last year. Ramon Dominguez will be aboard for the first time.

SIZING UP SUSAN: The $250,000 Black-Eyed Susan drew seven 3-year-old fillies for the Friday stakes at Pimlico.

The Black-Eyed Susan is the companion event to the Preakness, similar to the role the Kentucky Oaks plays for the Derby.

Wyomia looks like the top runner from post No. 4. After winning the minor Suncoast Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs, Wyomia stepped up to finish second in the Grade 1 Ashland Stakes at Keeneland. Julien Leparoux will be aboard for the first time.

Trained by Curtis Garrison, Wyomia is 3 for 6, having also won the Mazarine Stakes at Woodbine last October.

The field for the 1 1-8 miles race in post position order: Royal Delta, Hot Summer, Coax Liberty, Wyomia, Buster’s Ready, Love Theway Youare and Art of the Hunt.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    MMM - He is going to be the big wiseguy horse and is going to take a beating at the windows with his 6-1 ml which is higher than Dialed In. I don't see him going off no more than 4/1 on Saturday. I was told that this colt is just busting out of his skin and is also sitting on a huge effort. I finally got in touch with someone that is in the know on the NY Backstretch and they say this colts work over the slop was nothing but perfection. Great connections and a great story behind this one and that goes a long way with the racing gods.

Dialed In - I keep hearing the same this this colt is off and looks nothing like a quality horse that should be in the starting gate on Saturday. I just don't know why ZITO wold run this horse he loves so much and hasn't left him one day back in the Preakness, remember he finished 8th in the Derby at a 1:13 6f. CONFUSED

Shackleford - This one is going to take some money in the Preakness and looks to be a big bouch candiate coming this Saturday. He has lost weight since the Derby and his coat looks very dull as the week went on in Louisville. He could be a throw out and at this time I'm off him unless I here he as turned the corner while at Old Hilltop.

Sway Away - This camp is playing very coy, as they are siting on a huge race and have Go Go in the saddle and look for this one to make one big run right on the last turn as they have instructed GO GO to sit chilly and make that one big winning move. Is he good enought to win? But he will be on all my tickets. This colt has worked to well not to run a HUGE race. Remember his daddy ran one the best races I have ever seen right here at Old Hilltop.

Flashpoint - Ward is beaming over this colt and he should be as fit as a tick working over the Poly at Keeneland and now hitting a fast surface at Old Hilltop. This colt only has 3 starts and two of them were impressive wins and he is one talented colt that will be big in the King Bishop this coming August at the Spa. Can he carry his speed on Saturday to get a piece of it yes and he also can stop like a rock like he did in the Fl Derby.

Dance City - This is the most confusing horse in this race, I really think this colt is better than we all think and is coming out of a key race (ARK DERBY), he took most of the beating in that race as he broke from post 9 and was part of the pace and Sway Away bothered him down the lane and he still stayed on for 3rd only beten 1 3/4 for all the money. One thing I don't like is JJ off the mount and Ramon D in the saddle. Pay Attention

Animal Kingdom - Look perfect and has held his weight and his coat looks beautiful. He is sitting on another peak performance IMO, but Jerry Brow of Thoro-Graph as he is sitting on a big bounce this coming Saturday. We will see!!!!!

Fb any word on Midnite Interlude,Baffert says he will rebound,any thoughts?
    edited May 2011
    just wanted to let everyone know that rain has been coming down by the bucket and dont be surprise if there is no turf racing saturday...
    edited May 2011
    Well the winning continued today as I cashed the PK 5 on a $72.00 ticket as it came back over $700.00 and that gives us some bullets for todays card. Well I want to wish everyone good luck tomorrow on there wagers and may the horses be with you.

GL, FB

FBWINNERS INC.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pimlico Full Card

Don’t Leave The Window Selections

#2 - Payton D’Oro – (Race 2)
    Her last one at Oaklawn was a prep for this one today. She is sitting on a top effort today and we will get a decent price on this one from the Todd Pletcher entry in here. She comes into this race off five solid works and is as tight as a tick for this race. Her career best race was over this track two years ago in the Black Eyed Susan and she also is 4-5 at this distance. Gabe Saez is in the saddle and Jones and Saez have been on fire as of late. We should get at least 5/2 with the 4/5 ml on Life At Ten. Cowboy Larry ships in from down the road to take this money and head back home with her to Delaware Park for their handicap races this summer.

#7 – Desert Sage (GB) – (Race 9)
    Chad Brown has another weeds star in his barn. This filly is the real deal and will be the talk of DRF after she destroys this field. This filly won in the easiest of fashions at Gulfstream in her first start in the US off a 5 month layoff, she was dead last that day and swung wide to win going away by 2 ¼ in the easiest of fashions. She came home that day in 29 flat and it looked as everyone else in the field had stopped running. I recommend going back to watch her replay of her races at the Stream. She gets a 13lb advantage from Shared Account and also is dropping 9lb from her last start. This is a now horse that is getting a huge weight advantage to a runner coming off over 200 days on the sideline.

Race 1

This looks for be a one horse race Boreal Forest as the odds maker has made him odds on at 9/5 and I see him drifting up a little as some money will come in on Prado/Motion team. But this race is one of my favorite angles I play and it shows this colt is sitting on a huge effort. This one just ran on April 29th and has since come back to put in two nice works over the Bowie training facility. So you have two works and a race within a 10 day period and that spell a live runner.

#8 – Forest King – wps

8 over 1-2-4-6-9 – Reverse in 2nd hole also.

Race 2

This race looks like a one horse race and I won’t waste much time on a write up as this is a bunch of cheap horses and if the favorite doesn’t run back to his last race and win this one for fun, then you will see a bomb blow this race up.

#5 – Heavenstmurgatroid – wp

5 over 1-2-4-6-8-9 – Reverse in 2nd hole also.

Race 3 – Weeds Only

This is a wide open weeds race and I think I have found a live long shot in this race. This horse has had a very weird campaign by his trainer standards. I have done a lot of research on this card and have exhausted all of my information to come up with a solid card like we had on Derby Day. The horse I’m speaking of is #11 – Rampaige the other Motion horse. Let me breakdown the reason I like this colt. This colt breaks his maiden at Keeneland going 7f on the Poly and the colt he beat that day was Wilkinson and he now is a stakes winner. So three weeks later they wheel him back at Philly in a restricted stakes and he runs his guts out to run second off a demanding 7f race at Keeneland. Here is where the weird part comes in his connections ship him four weeks later across country to Remington Park for a stakes race and he broke from the rail and bounces like a rock. Then for some reason they don’t freshen him, he comes back in after shipping back from Remington to run in another race at Philly. Then Motion gave him ninety days off and brings him back at Keeneland at 7f and he broke dead last and made a two moves during the race and just flattened out. Since that race he has came back to work three solid times over the Fair Hill poly and his last work which was the best of 14 looks even stronger as he outworked the likes of Cherokee Artist (Stakes Winner), Crimson China (Stakes Placed), Grand Rapport (Stakes Winner), and Gypsy’s Warning (Stakes Winner) to name a few. I really think this one is sitting on a huge effort on the weeds as he is bred for it out of Smart Strike and Wild Again on the dam side and R. Maragh sticks with him.

#11 – Rampaige – wps

11 over 4-5-7-8-9-10-13 – In all 3 holes – Box Car payoff looming!!!!!

Race 4

Please see write up above as this race is one of my Don’t Leave The Window selections.

2 over 3 through 7

Race 5 – Weeds Only

This looks to be a wide open race gong 5f on the weeds, but I’m going to back a man that is a top notch trainer at this type of race and went overseas to win a turf sprint. I’m speaking about Wesley Ward. He knows how to win these type of races and he has this filly in form. Look for a peak effort from this one today.

#8 – Easy Ashley – wp

8 over 1-4-7-11-13-14 – Reverse in 2nd hole also.

Race 6

This is one wide open sprint race and you can make a case for many of them for win contenders. I see a trainer making a move to win this race right from the brake with his colt. This colt to me is the speed of the speed and I’m looking for him to speed pop them today in this race. He is in the right post position as the other speed is inside of him and the other two outside of him don’t have the gate speed this colt has. Let’s see how far this cheaper colt can take them today. Arroyo is the jock that has been on him for 2 of his 3 career wins.

#7 – Diski Dance – wps

7 over 1-2-4-5-6-8 – Reverse in the 2nd hole also.

Race 7 – Weeds Only

Another wide open weeds race as you can make a case for 4/5 as win contenders. I’m torn in the race between the #1 and the #4 as the win contender. These two colts have been facing much tougher company and also have the once local jocks on their backs and they know this weeds course like the back of there hands.

#1 – Master Dunker – wp

1 over 2-3-4-5-8-9-10

Race 8

This sprint race say collapse all over it, there is a ton of speed in this event. You will have a complete melt down in this race and it sets up for a stalker that is in good form and is coming off a top effort and also has come back to work over the CH Training track in good fashion. He looks to have keep his form since that race via his work and the race sets up perfect for him.

#7 – China – wps

7 over 2-4-5-8-9 – 2nd hole also.

Race 9 – Weeds Only

Please see write up above as this race is one of my Don’t Leave The Window selections.

7 over 2-3-4-5-6-8

Race 10

Well here we are to the older handicap division and all I can say is the handicap division is wide open and we really don’t a true handicap horse at this time. I can see the local winning this race a huge odds in No Advantage as he ran second in the race last year to Blame, who went on to win the BC Classic at CH. Look for a huge effort from this horse on Saturday as Beattie wants to win this race and faces a much lesser field this year than last. I will use No Advantage but I think Colizeo is the horse to beat in this event. He is a good horse and always runs his race each and every time.

#8 – Coliezo – wps

8 over 1-2-3-4-5-9

Race 11 – Weeds Only

There really is no reason to spend much time on this race as this is a very weak Grade 2 race over the weeds. Paddy O’Prado is the class and is coming into this race like a wild beast. He doesn’t face much competition and can win this race not running his best. The only horse that looks to have a chance to steal this race is Pocket Patch if he is left alone on the lead. He likes the soft going and that is what he is going to get on tomorrow. I heard Romans say he was hoping for a firm going for Paddy’s first race back.

4/7 over 4-5-6-7 over 4-5-6-7 over all – All exotics.

Race 12

Preakness (G1)

Well we finally get to the big race and there are many new shooters (9) lining up to take on the Kentucky Derby winner (Animal Kingdom) at Old Hilltop. I think if anyone can beat Animal Kingdom it will be a new shooter that was shut out of the Derby. Animal Kingdom is sitting on another peak performance as this is his sixth lifetime start and the best is yet to come from this colt. This year’s crop of horse’s are just slow and it isn’t going to take a huge performance to win this race. Animal Kingdom has drawn the garden spot outside the speed and will site about 7-8 lengths back and when Jr. needs to make his move he will let this colt run and it will take a real strong finish to outrun him to the finish line. If anyone can do run down Animal Kingdom it will be Sway Away. He is fresh and has been working like a beast over the CH strip and was sitting on a huge effort if he would of drawn in the Kentucky Derby. I heard Jeff Bonde his trainer on a radio show just raving over this colt and he was sick he didn’t get into the Derby. Jeff Bonde has adjusted his blinkers and is looking for one big run from GO GO down the lane and I can tell you one thing GO GO will have his eyes glued to Jr and when Jr moves on Animal Kingdom GO GO will go with him and I see these two hooking up for a major stretch duel down the lane to the finish line, can he out finish Animal Kingdom? That is the 26k dollar question. There will be a much faster pace in this race than the Derby and I see all the speed backing up down the lane as they will be killing one another from the outset of the race. There are two ? mark horse for me in this race and they are Astrology and Dance City. Astrology has been a big buzz horse all year long and has had some major problems as he came down with the flu after having a surgery to correct his breathing , he is bred to run the distance and was actually pointed for this race after he ran second in his 3 yo debut. He ran a decent second in the Jerome and the winner of that race came back to run big last weekend in the Peter Pan and got nailed at the wire. Then we go to Dance City, what can you say about him as he ran a huge race in the Ark Derby and after that race I was told he was knocked out and lost a ton of flesh. He has a nice move in between the Ark Derby and this race at CH going 5f Brz 1:00.1 and it was the best of 20 that day. The now horse for this race in MMM and he ran a very nice race in the Derby as he was getting to Nehro at the wire. Kathy Rivto is still high on this colt chances but I’m hearing he has lost some flesh since the Derby and his move at Belmont might of took something out of him for this race on Saturday. Shackleford is a horse that has turned the corner for the worst as I have read his coat is dull and looks to have lost plenty weight since the Derby. He will face much more speed this time and will not get away with a 1:13 6f move this time as he will have 5-6 breathing down his neck. Below is the way I’m going to play the race. I suggest to box the six below in exacta, tri, and super.

1. - Animal Kingdom

2. - Sway Away

3. - MMM

4. - King Congie

5. - Dance City

6. - Astrology

GOOD LUCK, FBWINNERS
    edited May 2011
    Anyone that wants the PDF of the selection sheet to print out, email me and I will forward over to you.

fbwinners@aol.com
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks again FB to another nothing less than SPECTACULAR Thread.
    edited May 2011
    Pimlico

Last Updated: May 21, 10:16 AM ET

Current Track Conditions: Dirt: Fast Turf: Good

Scheduled First Post: 10:45 AM ET

Race: 2 Changes Time Posted
    #3 Domestic Affair Scratched - Stewards 10:12 AM ET
    #6 Across the Wind Jockey - Antonio Lopez changed to J. D. Acosta 10:12 AM ET

Race: 3 Changes Time Posted
    #2 Duffy Junior Scratched - Main-Track-Only 10:12 AM ET
    #7 Cove Star Scratched - Stewards 10:12 AM ET
    #8 Gotta Believe Me Jockey - Jeremy Rose changed to Luis Garcia 10:12 AM ET

Race: 4 Changes Time Posted
    #5 Baltimore Belle Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET

Race: 5 Changes Time Posted
    #3 Swing Music Scratched - Main-Track-Only 10:12 AM ET
    #5 Squabble Scratched - Main-Track-Only 10:12 AM ET
    #8 Easy Ashley Jockey - Joel Rosario changed to Mike E. Smith 10:12 AM ET
    #9 Sydney Speaks Jockey - Alex Cintron changed to Ricardo Santana, Jr. 10:12 AM ET
    #10 Sarah Cataldo Scratched - Stewards 10:12 AM ET
    #14 Alwaysacontest Scratched - Stewards 10:12 AM ET

Race: 6 Changes Time Posted
    #7 Diski Dance Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET

Race: 7 Changes Time Posted
    #5 Batter Up Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET

Race: 10 Changes Time Posted
    #3 Eighttofasttocatch Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET
    #4 No Advantage Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET
    #7 Pleasant Prince Scratched - Trainer 10:12 AM ET

Race: 11 Changes Time Posted
    #3 Grand Rapport Scratched - Trainer 10:16 AM ET