Food For Thought at Belmont for Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Going over all the races this weekend and I see one thing IMO that sticks out like a sore thumb. JR stays back to ride Cool Blue Red Hot for Angel Penna and gets off Morning Line for Zito that is a stand out in that race over at Monmouth!!!!! JR has been on ML 7/10 of his races. Looks like I will be making a wager on Cool Blue Red Hot on Saturday and the price will be right. I'm wondering if JR was aboard that bullet work on the 29th a best of 14 and this one beat. The colt he beat last out came back to win on Belmont Day and then they wheeled him right back in a stakes and ran well that time. This could be a sleeper in the 3yo division this week. We all know Dominus is coming off a foot issue.

Dwyer Stakes

Cool Blue Red Hot - wps

Comments

• DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited July 2011
    It appears as though Cool Blue Red Hot will get the pace set- up he needs .The question will be, will Adios Charlie melt down with the expected pressure from(2,3 & 5 ) on the engine .
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    also riding hymn book in the feature and not colizeo....
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    good of time as any, Hymn Book will be a big play for me tomorrow. and when I say big, I mean about 200x your usual wager. I don't want to hear anything from the haters on this one, just keep it to yourself!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    lol.....i just see 2 horses...he should sit in the perfect spot....he has came along way since his mcl 30k score....ill pull for you john...hey have you looked at the 11th...what do you think about rocky f????
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks FB. I have actually been on the #5 horse TECH FALL ML 10-1 feeling he may be the best value and overlay of the whole card. I will certainly box now with Cool Blue Red Hot as I was looking another horse with thinking Dominus is not in tip top form coming in.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    These races are TOUGH.

Other than Naples Bay in the 8th, the 9th and 10th have several horses I can see winning.
    I'm having trouble figuring out the pace scenario in the Suburban. Will Rodman leave? Will Colizeo have an easy lead? How close will Hymn Book be?
    I like Flat Out a good deal, but without a pace to run at, he is toast.

I think I'm also taking a shot with Malibu Glow hoping his last wasnt up to par (Weaver is normally pretty good about placing his horses). As the longest shot on the board, he offers plenty of value on a WP wager.

My big wager, however, comes in the CD Bashford Manor where I am absolutely all in on Sum of the Parts.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Kiss of death, frong page article on DRF Homepage about Cool Blue Red Hot!!! UGH!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Kiss of death, frong page article on DRF Homepage about Cool Blue Red Hot!!! UGH!!!!

Yeah, that's tough. I was about to post it. A horse is never a complete toss in my book just from an article, unless Brad Free is the author... That's the real kiss of death.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Yeah, that's tough. I was about to post it. A horse is never a complete toss in my book just from an article, unless Brad Free is the author... That's the real kiss of death.

Well not only is this a jinx, you can consider your price cut in half.
    edited July 2011
    I can"t remember a tougher day select winners since, well, yesterday!

Churchill 5th
    #4 KING'S COMMAND, 3-1
    This is the one I have been following that Howard trains for Woodford and Joe Ford. We had him big last week or so and the rain came and he sct when off-turf. This race today has a few new players and one for sure that Ricky G. thinks is very tough. #6 ALMORADI, Yet the Howard barn says KC is as good as he can be.

Based on that info, I'm playing a ex bx with 4---6 and throwing in # 2 Sporty to complete the trifecta 4/6---4/6---2

FB.

Thanks for the Coast To Coast!

Did you notice my computer skills in that is has taken me over 3 years to learn what an Avatar is ? That outstanding 2yo colt is the 2012 Kentucky Derby WINNER!
    Has tender shins right now which will delay his training a little. Looks like Saratoga is out but we are pointing him toward one of those big 2yo races at Keeneland in Oct. Gone to Todd Pletcher's Barn and his name is
    AUSTIN BROWN. He is named after a distinguished gentleman who was a champion rider of steeplechase horses in the 40's and 50's. Later, he became head of that organization and has been involved in racing, both jumps and flats, for a long time.

BTW, George W. does not like his chances at all today, except the Malibu horse. This usually means we should play all of his except that one! GOOD LUCK!
    edited July 2011
    Finally got a call from keith in Louisville and this is what he hears In Race 7---the #4, Seeking The Title, came out of his last work over a muddy track a little sore. Dallas Stewart says he is a post time decision. That one would have been a player in this race. The Rusty Arnold horse is a threat and so is the one Calvin is on. Keith sees this one as a part-wheel trifecta using 1/3---1/3---2/6/7.

About 25 min to Belmont 2nd. Voyles will never see a dime of my money again!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    lol.....i just see 2 horses...he should sit in the perfect spot....he has came along way since his mcl 30k score....ill pull for you john...hey have you looked at the 11th...what do you think about rocky f????

RAYPHIL...THIS IS ONE OF MY BIG BETS TODAY....I LIKE #7---ROCKY F.... ALOT.....PUTTING HIM WITH THE 4,3,6......
    edited July 2011
    You gentlemen are talking my language now! I also am all over the #7 Rocky F. I am going to use Husker's numbers underneath in ex & tri and adding #11 in my super. We're gambling now!
    edited July 2011
    Keith just called back and we spent 20 minutes discussing the comeback today of DUBLIN in the 11th. In May of 2010, I was at Cd to watch one of my 2yo run and Wayne was paddock walking Dublin as he prepared for his KY Derby start. At that time, he was the most beautiful chestnut colt you ever saw, dapples on top of dapples on top of muscle, on top of more muscle. This past winter, Lucas had him back at OP where he was just hanging out and doing some light galloping. Since then, he has gotten more serious in his works and has posted some serious times over the CD surface. Clearly, he is ready to fire a big one as his ankle and cannon bone chips are well behind him. Problem is, 6 1/2 furlongs is not what this classic horse is bred or trained to do. Moreover, Lucas is looking ahead to Nov Breeders Cup and this first race back means absolutely nothing. BUT, you have to use him!

Exacta box 4---6---9

BTW, Belmont 2nd just ran and it figures that when I don't play Assman's VOYLES, he wins. Five Sigma Event gets a lazy ride from his jock , he could have gotten 2nd if the jock had stayed after him. runs 3rd by a short nose.
    edited July 2011
    In one of my previous posts, CD 7th, I mentioned using the Horse calvin was on in the top spot, I meant to say the McPeek horse, #3, the one Calvin is riding is the #6, who I am using in the 3rd spot.

1/3--1/3--2/6/7-
    edited July 2011
    5 min to post race 5 CD

Shadwell connections put a wad on #5 , Euro runner getting back on weeds.
    I am going to add to my tri play

4/6---4/6---2/5
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    husker70 wrote: »
    RAYPHIL...THIS IS ONE OF MY BIG BETS TODAY....I LIKE #7---ROCKY F.... ALOT.....PUTTING HIM WITH THE 4,3,6......

SORRY JOHN AND RAYPHIL ON THE BACK UP HORSES.... 'ROCKY F' IS A NICE NY BRED..WILL BE WATCHING THIS ONE...TOLD A FEW NY OWNERS...IF THIS ONE GOES TO CLMING RANKS..PICK IT UP...
    I PARLAYED MY 'DOMINUS' MONEY ON ROCKY F...SURPRISED IT PAID THAT MUCH....
    AND SPEAKING OF 'DOMINUS'..ASSMAN SAYS IF HE STAYS HEALTHY....FOOT WISE...HAS A SIMILAR 'SOFT' FOOT AS 'NATIVE RULER'.....THIS IS HIS BEST 3 YEAR OLD......