Delware Handicap G2 $750K

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
The grade and purse of this race and they only can draw 5 entries!!!!!!!!!! (N)

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Ken,

I'm surprised you even put this out as a question

Thank God Hollendorfer brings Blind Luck to town, or were looking at 1/9
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Ken,

Yeah. And Hollendorfer deserves credit here. He has really run a horse the way it should be run. No ducking and diving for him. Harve de Grace is gonna be real tough @ what 4/5?.
    edited July 2011
    I think the 1 1/4 will cause Blind Luck to get alot more action than she would get at 1 1/16 or 1 1/8.
    The west coast money will put BL at around 2-1 and HDG at 7/5. Does anyone really think the Pletcher BC fiasco horse is going to be a player in here? Nevertheless, she will take money. I truly believe that HDG will go off at better than even money, I just hope she didn't leave her race on the workout track on Monday!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    imo its the state of the older female division....and we do not have alot of solid horses at all this year.....we might win the 2yo races in the breeders cup but i think the euro's are going to take more races then what we are use to seeing...but that is a lot of money for 5..ill be there to witness it and i hope it is like the oaks when blind luck won....
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    if HDG is anywhere close to 2-1 and loses i might just need a house to live in and a car to drive
    edited July 2011
    if HDG is anywhere close to 2-1 and loses i might just need a house to live in and a car to drive

So she wins, vacation house and Ferrari?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Ken,

750K to run 3rd is a nice payoff for some others. John make sure you are sporting that cap well.
    edited July 2011
    Consider it done! I'm wearing it daily thru late afternoon on Saturday, then I'll either burn it or, hopefully, frame it!

I have some real concerns about the 1 1/4 distance, especially after that work on Monday. That 5/8 time was unreal and I hope she didn't leave her race on the training track. I know we won't get $5.80 on her like we did at Oaklawn, but around $5.00 is realistic with Blind Luck and Life At Ten taking money. Let's just get her there so King can get that new home and Ferrari!
    edited July 2011
    BTW, just finalized the paperwork on my new colt!

Go to Dogwood Stable web site and click on Current Offerings and take a good look at the 2012 Kentucky Derby Winner!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2011

Go to Dogwood Stable web site and click on Current Offerings and take a good look at the 2012 Kentucky Derby Winner!

Looks sharp. I'm patiently awaiting the first annual HRT get together you will organize at Derby 2012 when you get there :drinking:
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Agree we need to do a HRT get together at some track.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    fu peg colt john....nice looking youngster...good luck with him...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Good Luck John! Hope he runs at Saratoga one of the days Im there!
    edited July 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Agree we need to do a HRT get together at some track.

We could all do VEGAS (you're welcome DC). Or we could alternate yearly between Saratoga and Del Mar.
    edited July 2011
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Looks sharp. I'm patiently awaiting the first annual HRT get together you will organize at Derby 2012 when you get there :drinking:

Manly colt exudes elegance and quality. He has a tremendous shoulder and girth. Breezed a quarter mile in 21.1 at the sale, galloping out in 33 and change! Has good size (15:3) standing over a lot of ground. An exceedingly high class individual.

It was apparent from the start that Fusaichi Pegasus had the makings of a super horse, and the strapping son of Mr. Prospector lived up to the hype. As a yearling, the colt brought a whopping $4 million at the Keeneland Sale, making him the most expensive North American yearling of the year. Placed in his only start at two, “Fu Peg” as he was affectionately known, came into his own at three. He posted eye-catching wins in the San Felipe-G2 and Wood Memorial-G1, then set his sights on the ultimate prize—the Kentucky Derby-G1. His impressive past performances earned the role of favorite for that first Saturday in May, and Fusaichi Pegasus delivered. The colt flew to victory, becoming the first favorite to win the race in over 20 years. Retired to stud, Fusaichi Pegasus has continued his winning ways. His first crop yielded Haskell Invitational-G1 winner Roman Ruler and Blue Grass S.-G1 winner Bandini, and the stakes winners have continued. Currently, he has some 60 stakes winners (22 Graded stakes winners) to his credit, including three-time Champion Haradasun. This year, Fusaichi Pegasus took on the role of grandsire of a Classic winner, when son Roman Ruler’s Ruler On Ice won the recent Belmont S.-G1.

This colt is out of the Glitterman mare Glister Girl, who has produced two winners from two foals to race. She is a daughter of the multiple stakes-winning mare Shivering Six, and is a half-sister to stakes winners Saratoga Summer and Ever Elusive, as well as a stakes-producer. Stakes-winning half-sister Ever Elusive also placed in Keeneland’s Vinery Madison S.-G2.

A grandson of Mr. Prospector, this 2-year-old colt stems from a powerful male line. The legendary Mr. Prospector appears in countless pedigrees and his sons and grandsons continue to dominate in races of the highest level. A world-record setting sprinter, Glitterman is not widely known, but he did sire 33 stakes winners from a fairly limited opportunity. Horses bred on this pattern include Grade 1 winner and promising stallion Political Force.

Get lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Junior Member
    edited July 2011

Which one of these horses is yours? Storming Past or Austin Brown
    edited July 2011
    Austin Brown

He will go to Todd Pletcher. Right now, we are not going to push him too fast this early. We really think we have a good one. He did not sell at Keeneland when the breeders had a $200k reserve on him. We got him at the Ocala sale for alot less than the reserve price and we all believe he was the steal of the sale. My guess is that he will not run at Saratoga during the meet, but will probably make his first start at Keeneland in late October. If we can just keep him healthy going into the winter circuit in Florida, then we will count our blessings and then find out what kind he is.