Opening Day Card @ The Spaaaaaaa

DubyaBDubyaB Member
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
2 days & 21 hrs till Tom Durkin calls them to the post . The card has been drawn . As expected it presents some great betting opportunites. BUT The James Marvin (race 8 ) is an outstanding $75K stakes race . A field of 11 will go to the post . At first blush it appears that 6 or 7 have a chance to win this thing . I would suspect the post time favorite will probably be 5-1.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    We're all excited....especially this guy!

moose_saratoga_track.jpg
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    We're all excited....especially this guy!

moose_saratoga_track.jpg

I'm fairly certain you've posted this photo right in time for Saratoga for the last three years :drinking:
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    and it is just as funny as the first time....hey cat is there any odds on the final table of the main event for the wsop.....trying to see some odds on ben lamb....
    edited July 2011
    I'm not in Vegas right now, although i'm headed back there tomorrow. I heard they were posting odds @ the Wynn on certain players to finish in the money (back before the tournament started), but i'm not sure if that was actually the case. Not sure what kind price you could get on Lamb right now anyway. I think he's the clear favorite after chipping way up in that hand right before the dinner break. Little question he's the best player left in the tourney.

PS - I heard on the Pokercast a few weks ago that Lamb has supposedly made around $2 million this year in the high stakes cash games @ Aria. And btw, i'm pretty sure that he and Shaun Deeb swapped pieces for the Main Event, so Deeb (in addition to Lamb) is making out like a bandit right now.

Also, speaking of Shaun Deeb, he was reportedly knocked out of the tournament holding AA after some moron 6-bet shoved preflop with A6 offsuit, then caught 6-6 on the turn and river. That is brutal. Glad to see he's making some money off Lamb, if nothing else.
    edited July 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    and it is just as funny as the first time....hey cat is there any odds on the final table of the main event for the wsop.....trying to see some odds on ben lamb....

Wynn and Lucky's have each posted odds on the WSOP's November Nine. Here they are, with the respective chip counts:

Martin Staszko (40,175,000) 3-1 @ Wynn, 5-2 @ Lucky's
    Eoghan O'Dea (33,925,000) 17-5 @ Wynn, 4-1 @ Lucky's
    Matt Giannetti (24,750,000) 6-1 @ Wynn, 5-1 @ Lucky's
    Phil Collins (23,875,000) 6-1 @ Wynn, 6-1 @ Lucky's
    Ben Lamb (20,875,000) 6-1 @ Wynn, 7-1 @ Lucky's
    Badih Bounahra (19,700,000) 7-1 @ Wynn, 9-1 @ Lucky's
    Pius Heinz (16,425,000) 10-1 @ Wynn, 10-1 @ Lucky's
    Anton Makeiivskyi (13,825,000) 11-1 @ Wynn, 12-1 @ Lucky's
    Sam Holden (12,375,000) 14-1 @ Wynn, 14-1 @ Lucky's