Del Mar head-to-head matchups

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I posted about this a while back, and just tried to bump the thread, but for some resaon i can't find it. Anyway, Del Mar is beginning it's low-takeout matchup wager on the Saturday feature! This will be a once-weekly offering, if memory serves. Let's hope it takes off.

Today's matchup is Acclamation vs. Caracortado in Race 8. I assume they'll be flashing odds on the toteboard, but we'll see...

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Caracortado 1/9
    Acclamation 9/2
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I just tried Twin Spires and they have no wager on the head-to-head? Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
    edited July 2011
    Yes. It's listed as a separate track on twinspires. Above Del Mar is another "track" named DELMARHEAD2HEAD.

Final odds were 2/5 Caracortado and 7/5 Acclamation (WINNER).

My question is this, with a speed horse like Acclamation would you rather have 3/1 versus all 5 horses, or 7/5 against the horse who is the perceived best of that group?
    edited July 2011
    Right now, I don't care for purposes of late p3 &p4. I really need the 3 or 9 in the 10th.

Not sure this head to head is going to fly due to the reasons you set forth above.
    edited July 2011
    Right now, I don't care for purposes of late p3 &p4. I really need the 3 or 9 in the 10th.

Not sure this head to head is going to fly due to the reasons you set forth above.

Good luck! I'm not exactly sure how I left the 9 off my ticket... I'm gonna fire decent @ the 12 in here anyways, but I'm a notorious fade.
    edited July 2011

The 9 looks lame on the track... we better hope the 3 can run.
    edited July 2011
    I guess consolation payoffs beat a swift kick in the groin!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    The scratch of Celtic Princess really helped Acclamation dramatically. With regard to the prices (Caracortado 2/5, Acclamation 7/5), how do they arrive at that when there's only 10% takeout? I'm no math expert, but that seemed like a giant spread.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    The scratch of Celtic Princess really helped Acclamation dramatically. With regard to the prices (Caracortado 2/5, Acclamation 7/5), how do they arrive at that when there's only 10% takeout? I'm no math expert, but that seemed like a giant spread.

2/5 + 7/5 = 9/10 = 90%
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Hmm. When you phrase it that way, it makes sense.