Saturday's Arlington Park Stakes (PP's Inside)

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, my favorite day of Illinois horse racing arrives this Saturday.
Arlington has released PP's for the major three races.
Handicapping | Arlington Million

I'd love to hear some feedback on these races and whom you all are leaning towards for your selections.

Personally, I'm all over Stacelita (will be on my larger wagers this year).
I'm leaning toward Wigmore Hall in the million to take a stab against the two favorites.
The Euro invader looks awful tough after watching replays of Irish Derby and Investic, but I've always been a huge supporter of Banned.

Lets hear some thoughts.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Well, my favorite day of Illinois horse racing arrives this Saturday.
    Arlington has released PP's for the major three races.
    Handicapping | Arlington Million

I'd love to hear some feedback on these races and whom you all are leaning towards for your selections.

Personally, I'm all over Stacelita (will be on my larger wagers this year).
    I'm leaning toward Wigmore Hall in the million to take a stab against the two favorites.
    The Euro invader looks awful tough after watching replays of Irish Derby and Investic, but I've always been a huge supporter of Banned.

Lets hear some thoughts.

Just to clear up some ambiguities.
    I like Stacelita in the Bev D. and the Euro invader I'm speaking of is Treasure Beach in the Secretariat.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I love Cape Blanco in the Million, should win for fun again against this bunch.

fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm with FB on Cape Blanco in the Arlington Million. The way he held off Gio Ponti in the Man o' War was pretty impressive. Wigmore Hall is certainly well traveled, but his wins came in Dubai and he was worn out when going to Asia In the Sec., I am intrigued by ZIYARID, who is owned by the AGA KHAN,. In the Beverly D., I also like STACLITA, who should find running against her own sex is much easier than last out vs the boys. BTW,, is anyone as sick as I am of seeing all these Kitten horses show up for Ramsey?.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the input guys.

I've decided I'll be sticking with Wigmore Hall in the million. Going back over some video today, his Dubai races were impressive. His last he had literally no shot after the race had some of the slowest fractions I've ever seen.

Starting to shift towards Banned in the Secretariat, with my only worry about taking such a short price on TB being cutback in distance, traveling, and more.

Anyone other HRT members going to be in attendance?

Also, if by any chance someone has the full AP card for million day, would they mind sending me an email with it? nathantoma@gmail.com

Brisnet keeps acting up today, haven't been able to load anything.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Liked Crimson China tomm in the 7th at SPA didnt realize he is also entered in the million
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I love Cape Blanco in the Million, should win for fun again against this bunch.

fb

Cape won that rather easy, nice horse this one has become. Happy for the 2/1!!!!!