A couple notes.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
1. This makes me sick, because I didn't catch it until today, but Mike Mitchell had gotten his entire family together for his record win. Apparently it wasn't an easy task to get everyone together, and he wanted them all to be there with him, so his owners all put horses in spots where they would win easy (especially the maidens). He won EVERYTHING, by open lengths. I caught the last two, but this was a huge opportunity.

2. IRAD. He's a complete badass.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

hahaha love this
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    1. This makes me sick, because I didn't catch it until today, but Mike Mitchell had gotten his entire family together for his record win. Apparently it wasn't an easy task to get everyone together, and he wanted them all to be there with him, so his owners all put horses in spots where they would win easy (especially the maidens). He won EVERYTHING, by open lengths. I caught the last two, but this was a huge opportunity.

3 horses training extensively at GG all 1st time in the Mitchell barn and 2 from the Myadi stable even though Myadi has brought down 3 live horses prior. All 3 for owner/breeder Nick Alexander. Better to find those before 0 races are run down here ;).......but yeah, those maiden claimers he hid up there were free squares.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    what is IRAD????????
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    what is IRAD????????

Irad Ortiz Jr. , the hottest apprentice since Joel Rosario. On the pace, off the pace, he's all around badass.
    edited August 2011
    IRAD gets thrown from his horse in the 8th, hits the showers, and makes it back for the 10th. Apparently he's a tough little motherfucker too.
    edited August 2011
    Bump for Dirty 8/25
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    2W2P2S wrote: »
    3 horses training extensively at GG all 1st time in the Mitchell barn and 2 from the Myadi stable even though Myadi has brought down 3 live horses prior. All 3 for owner/breeder Nick Alexander. Better to find those before 0 races are run down here ;).......but yeah, those maiden claimers he hid up there were free squares.

Have a look at #7 Moonlighting (4/1 ml) in Race 6 today...
    edited August 2011
    Have a look at #7 Moonlighting (4/1 ml) in Race 6 today...

The reason for the bump............scary this one isn't even entered for a tag.
    I liked Points Offthebench in his debut (full brother to Bench Points), should improve off that debut if the 7 isn't live.
    edited August 2011
    Thank you guys.
    edited August 2011
    Huge run from Do it All in the first. I almost canceled my tickets because he was looking a little warm going in. I really like the late Pick-4 today, but here's something to root for at least....

$0.50 Pick-5 1,2,3,4,5,​WT,5,​WT,6,​WT,1,2,5,6,7,8,9,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,7,8 none $ 122.50 - -
    $0.50 Pick-5 1,5,​WT,2,5,6,9,​WT,1,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,​WT,1,4,7 none $ 648.00 - -
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2011
    2W2P2S wrote: »
    The reason for the bump............scary this one isn't even entered for a tag.
    I liked Points Offthebench in his debut (full brother to Bench Points), should improve off that debut if the 7 isn't live.

I agree, i think Points Ofthebench looks pretty tough here. I wsa close to giving him out on my site today, but the uncertainty overr this MItchell horse (and the potentially short price on Points Offthebench) led me to pass.

Incidentally, i looked @ Moonlighting's recent drills to see if perhaps he'd been training with one of the other Mitchell/GG winners, and i came up empty.
    edited August 2011
    Huge run from Do it All in the first. I almost canceled my tickets because he was looking a little warm going in. I really like the late Pick-4 today, but here's something to root for at least....

$0.50 Pick-5 1,2,3,4,5,​WT,5,​WT,6,​WT,1,2,5,6,7,8,9,​WT,1,2,3,4,6,7,8 none $ 122.50 - -
    $0.50 Pick-5 1,5,​WT,2,5,6,9,​WT,1,3,4,5,6,7,​WT,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,​WT,1,4,7 none $ 648.00 - -

At the risk of sounding like the "every jockey is a moron or an anchor or a cheater" kid, Thank you Tyler Baze for costing me 8 grand. I appreciate that you little fuck-head.
    edited August 2011
    I agree, i think Points Ofthebench looks pretty tough here. I wsa close to giving him out on my site today, but the uncertainty overr this MItchell horse (and the potentially short price on Points Offthebench) led me to pass.

Incidentally, i looked @ Moonlighting's recent drills to see if perhaps he'd been training with one of the other Mitchell/GG winners, and i came up empty.

Ditto. I also figured he might bring down a stiff with fast works, and pawn it off on some sucker. Maybe that's yet to come...
    edited August 2011
    I'm not completely sold on this, so tread very lightly. Hector Berrios is (apparently) a new jock out here @ Del Mar, who has shown some talent in his first few days. I don't want to jump all over him like IRAD, because I don't see it happening, but I've been waiting for his breakout run. I almost thought it was gonna be with Da Marshall, but I didn't fire.

He's up in the last at Del Mar on a Dan Hendricks horse named English Puddin, who might pop the gate and show a little speed. I'm alive to him and Rosario.

We'll see.
    edited August 2011
    I'm not completely sold on this, so tread very lightly. Hector Berrios is (apparently) a new jock out here @ Del Mar, who has shown some talent in his first few days. I don't want to jump all over him like IRAD, because I don't see it happening, but I've been waiting for his breakout run. I almost thought it was gonna be with Da Marshall, but I didn't fire.

He's up in the last at Del Mar on a Dan Hendricks horse named English Puddin, who might pop the gate and show a little speed. I'm alive to him and Rosario.

We'll see.

Getting consolation money. LOL, just my luck.
    edited August 2011

We'll see.

A day late and a dollar short. He hit at a huge price today.
    edited August 2011
    LOL. I caught a piece of that. Hector the new Irad?
    edited November 2011
    LOL. I caught a piece of that. Hector the new Irad?

Upping.

I sniffed out another good apprentice here. He's a huge flat bet profit, and I think he's doing some sneaky work with Marty Jones coming up, maybe even Sunday. Might as well jump on while he's still offering value.