Degenerate Betting

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I actually love betting Australia (small $ when I'm drinking). Because they bet with bookies occasionally the trainers will give out winners.

In Australia C Race 1 - Trainer says #4 Pampleonne cannot lose. He's 5-1 on the ML, my $100 might change that. Small 4/8 ex.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    He fucking crushed @ 9/5. I mean running off with ease. 4/8 exacta cashes too.

This info is always late breaking, but i'll turn it on while I read tomorrow's form to pick up little gems like this.
    edited September 2011
    Follow up:

Australia A; Race 2 - Trainer Peter Moody says #2 will look the winner at the furlong, and then anything can happen. She's 2-1. I bet $10 w/p on Swift Sands.
    edited September 2011
    Very similar situation Australia C # Trainer stops short of calling him a lock, but says with a clean trip he wins easy. I'm in for $50 @ 2-1.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Way back in the day, when i used to go to the racetrack, they started simulcasting Austrailian racing and i paid a little bit of attention to it. One thing that caught my notice is that, during the live pre-race feed from Australia, during the post parade and such, you would occasionally catch glimpses of the on-track Australian toteboard. What made that very interesting is that the simulcast betting was thropugh an American pool, so the odds that we were betting were sometimes very different fro the actual on-track Australian odds. On a few occasions, i noticed horses that were as low as 2/1 on-track favorites being offered at significantly higher odds (like 5/1 or better) in the American pool. I'm not sure if this still happens, but something to keep an eye on if you're watching a live feed from Australia.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Way back in the day, when i used to go to the racetrack, they started simulcasting Austrailian racing and i paid a little bit of attention to it. One thing that caught my notice is that, during the live pre-race feed from Australia, during the post parade and such, you would occasionally catch glimpses of the on-track Australian toteboard. What made that very interesting is that the simulcast betting was thropugh an American pool, so the odds that we were betting were sometimes very different fro the actual on-track Australian odds. On a few occasions, i noticed horses that were as low as 2/1 on-track favorites being offered at significantly higher odds (like 5/1 or better) in the American pool. I'm not sure if this still happens, but something to keep an eye on if you're watching a live feed from Australia.

It does, but now on the simulcast feed (atleast on twinspires), the host of the simulcast will read off the top choices several times before the race and the bettors seem to adjust accordingly. Once in awhile it is missed, but for the most part, the odds are within a click of another.

Dirty, where are you getting your info from? Are you talking about the trainer interviews before the races? Or something like a twitter feed?
    edited September 2011
    The first comment I picked up from the broadcast. This guy was so sure, and so smug, that's the only reason I even posted it. Betting more than $100 in a $2,500 pool is just dumb.

That said, I follow a lot on twiiter, right down to the children and spouses (and in the one case the stock broker) of many racing connections around the world. You gotta get the right info and know how to use it.

The most recent example I remember was Mike Mitchell's daughter talking about a filly Egg Drop that was gonna win. Cha-ching.
    edited September 2011

This idea is so played out now. So many snipers, that you think you're getting a 2-1 shot @ 8-1, you fire $50 or $100, and he breaks at 3/5 and runs second. Used to be great, though.

I'm not sure what track(s) he rides at, but Hughie Bowman is a great value jock. He also rode a winner of two for me, at prices, in Europe this year. Also, the rare Euro shippers to Australia tend to run decent, regardless of their prior form. I bet one from 17-1 down to 8-1 before, and gutted out a neck win, after the trainer came on and said he was outworking his barn mate (the 7/5 favorite in the same race).
    edited December 2011
    Australia also offers $.20 supers now. Great value. You just have to recognize the pools are small, so going too deep is stupid, but know top jocks and like DC mentioned above, look for ON TRACK odds when betting.

I hit 4 supers tonight of the 7 I bet. LOL, wait 5 of 8 I just hit another decent one. Here's a gem though:

Aus B Seymour 6 $0.20 SU 6,7/3,6,7/3,4,6,7,9/2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 WAGER $19.20 PAYOUT $1,285.98
    edited December 2011
    Yeah its good tonight.

Aus B Seymour 7 $0.20 SU 2,6,8/1,2,6,8,9/1,2,4,6,8,9/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 WAGER $76.80 PAYOUT: $1,363.45 REFUND: $9.60

The other wins were all under $200. Not a bad take for a cheap Wednesday night.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Bowman is a highly respected jock down under.
    Free program available at australianracing.com you need to sing up, it is free to do
    edited January 2012

I got sniped badly right now. Filly was the 1.6-1 on track favorite, but was 16-1 in the American pool. I fired a c-note across. She ran an easy second (almost won) @ you guessed it.... 2-1. I haven't seen the payouts, but I'm sticking to these fucking $.20 supers.
    edited August 2012
    I'm a little under the weather, but here's a couple to root for at Los Alamitos. I don't know anything about these mules, just bet what the China man on TVG says.

Los Alamitos 1 $1.00 P4 4,7 / 5,6,7 / 1,2,3,6,7 / 2,3,6,8 $120.00 $0.00
    Los Alamitos 1 $1.00 P4 7 / 1,5,6,7 / 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 / 2,3,6,8 $112.00 $0.00

The 4 looked good (or as good as you can for 2,500 bucks) in the second race so i tossed $20 on his nose.

Good luck tonight.
    edited September 2012
    Capping tomorrow's BS, watching Japan racing.

Prefontaine(Jpn) is a fucking awesome horse name. It's gonna cost me 100 bucks, maybe 50.

He's owned by a Sheik so he might have a shot at 10-1.
    edited September 2012
    Oh brother. After a decent 4th by Prefontaine, I look ahead at a colt named Prince Obama. CIA will be knocking soon.