Saturday Belmont Day What a Joke!!!!!

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
You have 6 Grade 1 Races and they draw field sizes of the following below. This is really sad where we are at in this game I love more than anything. I cannot belive the field sizes. Two of the races only draw 5 horses another and two more 6 hoses. The biggest field is 9 horses and is the best race on the card because of the 9 entries. Well if anyone would like the form for that day send me an email to fbwinners@aol.com and will send you over a copy of it.

gl, fb

Comments

• randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Horse name Trappe Shot
    Notes star
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 10-01-2011
    Track Belmont Park
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 6 Furlongs Race number 7
    Purse $350,000
    Race type Stakes
    Post position 8
    Jockey Velazquez J Ranother lock
    name Aruna
    Notes monster turf motion3 for 3
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 10-01-2011
    Track Belmont Park
    Surface Inner turf
    Distance 1 1/4 Miles Race number 5
    Purse $500,000
    Race type Stakes
    Post position 4
    Jockey Prado E S
    Race entry Entries | Daily Racing Form DADDERDO [4:25 P.M.]: another killer
    Coil
    Notes Baffert bloves this one
    Activity type Entry
    Activity date 10-01-2011
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 1 1/8 Miles Race number 7
    Purse $250,000
    Race type Stakes
    Post position 2
    Jockey Garcia M

Hollywood joke winner
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited September 2011
    I'm thinking that a lot of barns are holding back their horses until the WINTER meet, when that SLOT money kicks in. At least that's probably the argument you'd get from the NYRA faithful. Makes sense, right? ha ha ha

The real problem over there is not the field size but rather their INABILITY to keep the main track (any of their main tracks) FAIR.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    tmffm wrote: »
    I'm thinking that a lot of barns are holding back their horses until the WINTER meet, when that SLOT money kicks in. At least that's probably the argument you'd get from the NYRA faithful. Makes sense, right? ha ha ha

The real problem over there is not the field size but rather their INABILITY to keep the main track (any of their main tracks) FAIR.

I would have expected more horses using these races as a stepping stone to the Breeder's Cup. Horses I'm a big fan of are likely going to go off at pathetic prices and win easily therefore reducing their price come BC day and rendering them unplayable this Saturday.

Stacelita, Trappe Shot, Cape Blanco, etc...

FWIW I think Jackson Bend is the best he's ever been and has a legit chance to take down Uncle Mo saturday.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure Trappe Shot will go favored over Euroears. Perhaps he will due to the distance, and the fact that the race is on dirt (nevermind the fact that Euroears has a ton of wins on dirt already).
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Big Drama or Euroears will go favored IMO. I don't see Trappe Shot going off the favorite.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Ice Box!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Agreed the field sizes are shit, but the quality is super. I'll be there with bells on! If any HRT members are going come on by and say hey. Box D-18
    edited September 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Big Drama or Euroears will go favored IMO. I don't see Trappe Shot going off the favorite.

Well I hope you guys are right!

Good luck this weekend all. Anyone have an estimate on the price I'll see on Stacelita this weekend?
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    It is disappointing, but that's the way the cookie crumbles some time. The sprint race is still the best sprint race of the year and if you like Trappe Shot, you will get at least even money I think, as he faces an extremely tough group of horses. But he is undefeated at Belmont and will probably go favored.

Stacelita and Cape Blanco do both look like cinchs on paper.

I give both Royal Delta and Stay Thirsty great chances to beat the morning line favorites, though I think the latter will end up favored when the gates open.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Oh and my best guess on Stacelita is 3/5. Maybe even 1/2.
    edited September 2011
    Trappe Shot 5/2
    edited September 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Trappe Shot 5/2

I was thinking closer to 7/5 to 8/5, I'm hoping your right on target FB!
    edited September 2011
    9/5 ml, is say he drifts to 2/1 when the gates pop, they won't let Euroears stay at 4/1. Baffert has some loyal backers.
    edited September 2011
    5 of the six Grade One's have odds on favorites, and the other favorite is 2/1. If some of these favs go down there will be some big payoffs on tomorrow. You know one or two big chalks will burn up.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    big drama is out tomorrow with a fever...
    edited September 2011
    rayphil wrote: »
    big drama is out tomorrow with a fever...

There goes my 2/1 on Trappe Shot. Now I'll be lucky to get 4/5. Euroears is sure to take some money, but I see no other runner receiving steady support.