Drill Sick after Norfolk!!!!!

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Drill, the runner-up in the $250,000 Norfolk Stakes last Saturday, who was battling a fever on Wednesday, Baffert said.

Drill is considered one of the top West Coast-based contenders for the BC Juvenile. Before the Norfolk, Drill won his stakes debut in the Grade 1 Del Mar Futurity over seven furlongs on Sept. 7.

“Drill got sick after the race,” Baffert said. “Hopefully, he’ll be okay.”

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Drill is not half as fucking sick as I was! Left a mark which is still visible.

FB:
    You know my Keeneland source got us some good info last season and he has put me on to one on opening day Friday. In the 2nd, which is the only bull shit race, $7500 clm, a 20-1 shot is said to be a real bomb. This 4yo Smoke Glacken gelding was not asked for much in his last two up at Presque Isle. Shipped back to trainer's farm where he has shown good speed going 5 furlongs in untimed works. Don't know that he will win, but find a way to use him in your exotics, maybe with the 1--8--10.
    Oh yeah, #7 Boom de Ya Da, 20-1.
    I would never say that a trainer held a horse back so he could get a better price later, but this trainer has a very good roi in races at Keeneland. Just a coincidence, I'm sure!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    John: Will definitely look at your recommendation. You are probably aware of this, but a must read each day of the meet is Jeremy Plonk analysis, found at Keeneland web site. He really does come up with some bombs to play in 10 cent super's.

Good luck during the meet
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2011

FB:
    You know my Keeneland source got us some good info last season and he has put me on to one on opening day Friday. In the 2nd, which is the only bull shit race, $7500 clm, a 20-1 shot is said to be a real bomb. This 4yo Smoke Glacken gelding was not asked for much in his last two up at Presque Isle. Shipped back to trainer's farm where he has shown good speed going 5 furlongs in untimed works. Don't know that he will win, but find a way to use him in your exotics, maybe with the 1--8--10.
    I would never say that a trainer held a horse back so he could get a better price later, but this trainer has a very good roi in races at Keeneland. Just a coincidence, I'm sure!

haha stole the words right out of my mouth John.
    My reply was going to be FlyinLate sick after Norfolk.
    Thanks for the heads up on tomorrow's card!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Jeremy Plonk is on Steve Byk radio show as we speak. Agreed that he gets good info. Definitely worth taking a look at all his Keeneland Picks.

The bomb in the 2nd is scratched. Nevwertheless, keep your eye on Glenn Wismer. He is a must use trainer at the Keeneland meet!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2011

FB:

Heads up John! Just noticed Boom De Ya Da goes in 10min @ Keeneland