Belmont Plays--Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Another super card today at big Sandy! Several entered today which I like alot, some playable and some not so much. The 2yo Champagne Stakes, G I, is perhaps the best 2yo race to-date, with all coming off big efforts and hoping to continue to improve and take a shot at BC Juv.

Race 1
Boys At Tosconova returns in here and is definitely not playable at 3/5. As y'all will remember, this speedy colt burst on to the sceen last year at the Spa defeating the likes of Wine Police and Stay Thirsty in the GI Hopeful. At the BC, he was a clear 2nd to Uncle Mo. Tendon problems and chips have kept him off for a year and Dutrow has been bringing him back slowly over at Aqueduct. Recent works are not impressive, but Dutrow may just be using caution with this one , and he sure as hell does not want to take any chances with this one for his big client, Mace Siegel. Enjoy!

Race 4
#2 INDY SCENT, 5-1
$20k clm race, and this one has been knocking at the door at this level but keeps getting one bad trip after another . Everyone's sweetheart, Leah Gyarmati, sends this hard luck claimer back in today and reaches out to Angel to get Johnny the mount. Expect a cleaner trip and a nice pay-off!

Race 6
#10 RENNINA, 6-1
Jimmy Bond owned and trained. Another with a recent history of bad racing luck. Javier gets in the saddle today and all this one needs is a clean trip.

Race 9 Champagne Stakes
All the talk has been on Union Rags and Alpha, 7/5 and 5/2 respectfully. Both were impressive winners , especially Union Rags for Michael Matz, and Alpha has the breeding to be a triple crown player. Both of these deserve respect and are a must use. There are two others in here who may be just as good and will offer much better value:

#2 SPEIGHTSCITY, 10-1
Gary Contessa and Elliot Walden both told me that this is a very serious racehorse. That is good enough for me! Should get better with each race and a run for the roses will be in this horses future!

#3 TAKES THE GOLD, 6-1
Dutrow has told many that this might be the best 2yo he has ever had. Good enough to get the services of Johnny. That is good enough for me.

I have good info also today at Keeneland. Will post later.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Like #9 Lauries Rocket in the 9th. Gonna unload on #2 Rock Harder in the 5th. GOOD LUCK
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    FWIW I'm also on Takes the Gold