Keeneland Race 9 - Wednesday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Just got off the phone with one of my solid contacts from Keeneland and the has gotten word on a live one in a 10k race on Wednesday night cap. They say this one couldn't be doing any better for a 10k claimer and is looking like a million bucks. The play is #6-Amazing Saint and is listed at 5/1 on the ml for Amoss.

gl, fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Nice. Thanks for posting!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    No problem, cannot wait till the Cup!!!!! Two great days of racing on tap in 4 weeks.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Amazing Saint was claimed out of last in Sept at Arlington by Maggi Moss, who plays the claiming game about as well as anybody. Works at CD since the claim are very good, especially for a $10k claimer. Past history of tiring late will probably keep the price right, and hope Julien Leparoux is on a live one!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    We just got screwed!!!

Leparoux was set to ride the heavy fav at 5/2, which would have made the odds on #6 decent. Leparoux now takes off all his mounts for today. He is expected to be back tomorrow.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    FB: Good info; the 6 was ready today. Tough tough beat in a photo.

Thanks again
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    tough beat, but thanks for the info.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I hate getting stiffed on a big wager!!!! Only make crumbs now instead of BANK!!!!!!!
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I hate getting stiffed on a big wager!!!! Only make crumbs now instead of BANK!!!!!!!
    AS WE KNOW THEY TAKE 3 PHOTO'S AT THE FINISH....THIS ONE FAVORED THE # 11....BY WHAT I SAW ...IT WAS THE #6.....YOU KNOW WHO I BET ..PLUS THE STEWARDS....!!!!!
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited October 2011
    Still dont see how 11 got up, looked like a dead heat at best.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    rumple wrote: »
    Still dont see how 11 got up, looked like a dead heat at best.

I have to agree. I tend to not believe in getting worked up over a photo or steward's ruling as I like to believe they are showing good faith when these situations arise. Here, however, I just don't see the 11 get by until clearly after the finish line....I was fully expecting them to call the 6. After the long wait, I thought, ah crap maybe a DH. I was blindsided when they cast the #11 as the winner.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2011
    That photo took forever. Brutal beat after leading the entrire way. I thought he had won for sure when they hit the wire.

GREAT info anyway. Much appreciated.