Keeneland Race 5

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
#5 Moonlark was a baffert horse until this start. was HUGE favorite at santa anita (1.10) and got 4th. don't know what happened but he is in werner's barn now. makes me suspect with the barn change and the long layoff, but this horse has it in him to run fast. very fast. less than a year ago he was running 21 and 43 at hollywood and santa anita winning by open lengths.
i am keying the 5 in the top two spots and using the 1,2,3,10,11,12.

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    also keep an eye out for whichever horse anna roberts is ponying. she is driving up there to do that.
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    Speed's not holding today and Werner doesn't have the 'stuff' that Baffert does.

Good luck
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    tmffm wrote: »
    Speed's not holding today

um you do realize this is a turf race, and the first turf race of the day. How do you know whether or not speed is holding today on the turf?
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited October 2011
    relax. I wasn't playing the race and didn't notice it was on the turf.

P.S.
    Next time I post a bomb, you'll be congratulating me then, right?
    edited October 2011
    no excuses. could tell that the horse quite isn't back in race shape yet. looked good at top of stretch with the lead. better watch this one. sorry fellas. hope someone played the 10 to win! lol at 10-1
    edited October 2011
    larry jones brings in the mrs. boyd horse here for the sixth. must think fairly high of this one. will get a little wps money from me at 14-1
    edited October 2011
    of course freddie beats me. nothing like ahving your best friend when the race... but dang. lol
    edited October 2011
    *** win **** this is what tunica does to me after no sleep
    edited October 2011
    at belmont in race 7 i am keying the 6 in all three spots of tri with 3,7,10,14.. adding 11,12,13 in show spot
    edited October 2011
    3 wins and then bombs get 2nd and 3rd.
    last wager of day is santa anita race 2 double. 1 with 4,7
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    King,

Hope you did better at Tunica than I did at that Indian clip joint I went to. I understand that John Sicinni is back at the Horseshoe. good news if true, he is old school Binion type who treats the players right, regardless of new Harrah's ownership.

It's been a long time coming, but finally we get our 3yo colt back into the races this coming Wednesday. In the feature 8th at Belmont, #1 FORUM, draws the rail and gets Cornelio. Hooked really tough but most of the main competition is drawn wide. It's that goofy Belmont Widener 1 mile start where the quick early turn may help his chances if he still shows his early speed. His summer of 2010 races at the Spa were very, very good, and caused us to enter him in two GIII races at Woodbine and Keeneland, where he went to the front and faded when the bone chips got to him. Surgery followed and 6 months later he ran on an off-turf poly race at Keeneland where he again went to the front and faded late. Popped tendon this time and more surgery and rest. He has been working at the Aiken training track and he was quite energetic about his duties. Sent to Saratoga about a month ago and George Weaver says he is ready to get back to business. He's giving up alot to the others in race conditioning, but a good ground saving trip and angled out for the stretch run, plus a cut back to 1 mile, could spell a good effort, or at least an on the board finish. We know Cornelio will give him plenty of urging. Boy, could we ever use the winnings!!!!!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    PS:

I'm assuming you went down to Oxford for the game. SWEET!!!

Started slow, but you expect that after the bye-week. I'm not too happy about the late collapse and backdoor cover!!!
    edited October 2011
    Yea, tunica friday night then 2 hours of sleep then on to oxford. still haven't recovered. the grove is the most amazing place ever. the amount of southern women with skirts and boots is unbelievable. 8th wonder of the world. also figured out that they don't give a flying freak about football anymore. they didn't care that they were losing this year. arkansas brought 20k fans and we were way louder than they even thought about being. yea, it was expected to have a little off week rust but we better get our butts in gear for a decent vandy team.

i hope someone played this santa anita double! paid 32 bucks! 3 weeks until the ponies start arriving at oaklawn!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    John: Best of luck with Forum today