Peruvian colt Fly Lexis Fly pointing to the Ky. Derby

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Interesting-looking colt here. Check out the video, he was stalkking thired and then really put the moves on this field. Looks like he has some talent. Currently headed to Gulfstream and will join the Angel Penna barn.

Fly Lexis Fly - Thoroughbred Times

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    The funniest part is that the Jockey Club del Peru now provides better quality video than 95% of tracks in America.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Update on this guy:

I was just doing some research on this guy after i saw that he has yet to record a single Palm Meadows workout. What i found was quite interesting....looks like this guy will be based in California, with Drysdale taking over the training duties.

Check out this article from what i guess is a Peruvian website; i had to translate it from Google. It's dated December 10, btw:

The English coach Neil Drysdale, the Hall of Fame American Riding Academy, visited Lima in recent days and what led to their arrival was to have direct contact with Lexis Fly Fly, credit Stud Do?a Licha who won the National Derby (Gr.I) and Ricardo Ortiz de Zevallos (Gr.I).

Come to the interview:

Mr. Drysdale, How were your beginnings in the preparation and who was your mentor?

First, thank you for the interview. I was born in England, but I had my first contact with the pure blood from a young age. When I traveled to the United States worked with Charlie Witthingham, a renowned trainer of horses who enlisted the likes of Ack Ack, Ferdinand and Sunday Silence by putting a few examples. I learned a lot from him and that helped me when I became a coach.

What have been the main horse that has been in charge and tell me if there is any secret in preparing thoroughbreds so good?

The list is long. I was fortunate to have my charge to AP Indy, Fusaichi Pegasus, War Chant, Hollywood Wildcat, Rahy, among others. I have worked with horses owned by Sheikh Maktoum al Maktoum and several owners with whom we succeeded in important tests of Group 1. The second part of your question, I would say more secrets in the preparation I have been fortunate to have quality animals that helped make my job easier.

How was your interest to visit our racetrack?

When I was making video that Lexis Fly Fly I contacted the owner Oscar Pena and I traveled to Lima to see it live and direct.

What about Fly Fly as Lexis think you go in America?

It is a quality colt and I like to dominate the distance to solvency. That, accompanied by his good health, will help in his campaign in the U.S. road to Kentucky Derby (Gr.1). We have reached an agreement with the owner to train in California and hope to have significant results with it.

Thank you, Mr. Drysdale for his remarks and will be until another time.

Thank you very much for the interview. It was a short stay in Lima, but I get the best impression. It will be up another time.
    edited December 2011
    Fly Lexis Fly has been nominated to the Santa Anita Derby. Trainer listed as Neil Drysdale. :yes:
    edited February 2012
    Some good news to report. I found what appears to be a post from Fly Lexis Fly's owner Oscar Pena (dated 7 days ago) saying that Fly Lexis Fly is now working for the Santa Anita Derby.

I assume that means galloping, because he still hasn't hit the worktab yet, but if true then it shouldn't be too long now.
    edited February 2012
    I just heard that TVG did a video profile on Fly Lexis Fly, live from the Drysdale barn in SoCal. Anyone happen to catch that?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Thi colt is suppose to run in the Super Derby this weekend at La. Downs.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Heads up. Fly Lexis Fly entered in Hawthorne Gold Cup this weekend against the likes of Nate's Mineshaft and Alternation.