Gulfstream play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 8

#7 Late Night Action (8/1 ml)

I'm sure you guys remember Dan and Sheila, who was a sharp winner for us a few weeks ago. Well, Late Night Action had worked head-up with Dan and Sheila a couple of weeks before that one's debut, and you may also remember that this one was entered (and scratched) as part of a two-horse entry with with our winner Thunder Moccasin a couple of weeks ago. Incidentally, Thunder Moccasin had also appeared to work with Dan and Sheila before his own winning debut. Looks like this one may be part of Pletcher's upper echelon of young 3yo's, judging by the company he's been keeping. Worth noting that this is part of an uncoupled entry for Pletcher today, with Velazquez named aboard the other one, but Pletcher's numbers with Castellano are just as good as they are with Velazquez, and it's also interesting that Castellano winds up here rather than on one of the two Chad Brown entrants (for whom he rides a lot of live horses). Suspect this one can run a little; big price too.

HRT record:

84 for 313 (27%)

$697.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm on the 1 in this race at price as well. Also the word is the 12 outworked a stakes horse and they are worried about the post. But book for next out.

gl, fb
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Gulfstream - Race 8

#7 Late Night Action (8/1 ml)

I'm sure you guys remember Dan and Sheila, who was a sharp winner for us a few weeks ago. Well, Late Night Action had worked head-up with Dan and Sheila a couple of weeks before that one's debut, and you may also remember that this one was entered (and scratched) as part of a two-horse entry with with our winner Thunder Moccasin a couple of weeks ago. Incidentally, Thunder Moccasin had also appeared to work with Dan and Sheila before his own winning debut. Looks like this one may be part of Pletcher's upper echelon of young 3yo's, judging by the company he's been keeping. Worth noting that this is part of an uncoupled entry for Pletcher today, with Velazquez named aboard the other one, but Pletcher's numbers with Castellano are just as good as they are with Velazquez, and it's also interesting that Castellano winds up here rather than on one of the two Chad Brown entrants (for whom he rides a lot of live horses). Suspect this one can run a little; big price too.

HRT record:

84 for 313 (27%)

$697.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)

Thanks for the plays guys. I needed some action today. I bet some P3's, might bet W/P too.

Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 8/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10/7 ONLINE $10.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 8/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10/7 ONLINE $10.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 1,3,4,6,8,9,11/1,10/7 ONLINE $14.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 3,4,8,9,11/1,2,7,10/7 ONLINE $20.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 3,4,8,9,11/1,2,7,10/7 ONLINE $20.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 3,4,8,9,11/1,2,7,10/1,7 ONLINE $40.00
    Gulfstream Park 6 $1.00 P3 3,4,8,9,11/1,2,7,10/1,7 ONLINE $40.00
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    W0w!!!!! Fb
    edited January 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I'm on the 1 in this race at price as well. Also the word is the 12 outworked a stakes horse and they are worried about the post. But book for next out.

gl, fb

Owe you a beer. Or 2.

Gulfstream Park 8 $5.00 EX 1,7/1,6,7,12 ONLINE $30.00 $0.00
    edited January 2012

gl, fb

8th race - Gulfstream Park - January 05, 2012
    Video Race Replay

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    1 Gentlemen's Bet 69.40 26.60 17.40
    6 Nonno's Boy 6.40 5.00
    12 Good Morning Diva 22.20
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012

gl, fb

Unbelievable......congratulations!!!
    edited January 2012
    I was rooting for the 6 to hold off the "other" horse late. That other horse was the other fucking horse FB gave me. Would have paid stupid. Maybe I needed a tri. Thank you again.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I've been doing this a long time.......nothing good is going to come out of what happened in the pick 3 sequence of races 6,7,8 today.
    $11/$49.60/$69.40 and the pick 3 paid $246.60 for $1

To put that into perspective, a 4/5 shot wins the 9th paying $3.80.....the pick 3 in races 7,8,9 paid $3,178.90 for $1.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    One player in Canada put up a big pick 3 play, basically playing against himself with a thursday small pool.
    That pick-3 payoff is just plain wrong, and makes you wonder who that Canadian player is?
    edited January 2012

gl, fb

Just ran across something interesting. The #12 mentioned by FB here was a David Braddy firster from Calder (ridden by Manoel Cruz) named Good Morning Diva, who then went out i this race and ran third @ 75/1. Great info btw, FB.

Looking over today's second race @ Gulfstream, the #1 horse Jaime's Boy is coming out of the exact same drill as Good Morning Diva, that being a 17th-of-40 gate move on Dec 24 @ Calder. Different trainer here, but note that the same rider (Manoel Cruz) is on board today. Also note that this trainer (Steve Towne, who also happens to own this horse) is 5-for-9 with Cruz, including 4-for-8 @ Gulfstream. Could be live here at a monster price...
    edited January 2012
    Just ran across something interesting. The #12 mentioned by FB here was a David Braddy firster from Calder (ridden by Manoel Cruz) named Good Morning Diva, who then went out i this race and ran third @ 75/1. Great info btw, FB.

Looking over today's second race @ Gulfstream, the #1 horse Jaime's Boy is coming out of the exact same drill as Good Morning Diva, that being a 17th-of-40 gate move on Dec 24 @ Calder. Different trainer here, but note that the same rider (Manoel Cruz) is on board today. Also note that this trainer (Steve Towne, who also happens to own this horse) is 5-for-9 with Cruz, including 4-for-8 @ Gulfstream. Could be live here at a monster price...

The word on Jamie's Boy is solid today, I was also told to use Dreaming of Neno in this race as well. You should get prices on both these today as the big boys have runners in this one as well.

gl, fb
    edited January 2012
    Dreaming of Neno worked heads-up from the gate on Dec 14 with Need You Tonight, who came out of that drill to run 5th in a two-turn grass race. She did set the pace for 6 furlongs though, and ended up only beaten about 3 lengths at the wire. Same rider (Paco Lopez) aboard today, btw. Nice numbers on the Canani/Lopez combo too, hitting 33% from over a hundred mounts.

Btw, FWIW i wasn't able to find anything of note on the Pletcher entrant. Or the Catalano entrant (no works with his impressive winner Gentleman's Bet, in case you were wondering).
    edited January 2012
    Dreaming of Neno wins @ 5/2, nice info FB!

Jaime's Boy was scratched.
    edited January 2012
    Dreaming of Neno wins @ 5/2, nice info FB!

Jaime's Boy was scratched.

Three scratches killed the price, 8/1 ml and goest off at 5/2. A winner is a winner.

fb
    edited January 2012
    2W2P2S wrote: »
    I've been doing this a long time.......nothing good is going to come out of what happened in the pick 3 sequence of races 6,7,8 today.
    $11/$49.60/$69.40 and the pick 3 paid $246.60 for $1

To put that into perspective, a 4/5 shot wins the 9th paying $3.80.....the pick 3 in races 7,8,9 paid $3,178.90 for $1.

Wait what? I never saw this. I don't get how that happened. Luck? Scam?
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Reports are a bet was made in canada with a single in the first leg, all in the second leg, and 2 horses in the third leg...one of them being the 69 dollar winner....I heard the other horse played was the horse that ran second..the bet was 110 part wheel...thus 110 times 246 takes down about 27K less about a 2 grand wager....the third leg looks very suspect
    edited January 2012
    Trotman wrote: »
    Reports are a bet was made in canada with a single in the first leg, all in the second leg, and 2 horses in the third leg...one of them being the 69 dollar winner....I heard the other horse played was the horse that ran second..the bet was 110 part wheel...thus 110 times 246 takes down about 27K less about a 2 grand wager....the third leg looks very suspect

Certainly should be looked at. Seems more than suspect.
    edited January 2012
    Because everyone makes $110 Pick Three bets where they go Single, All, and then two big longshots in the last leg. But if they say that's what happened, then i guess it must be true....

6a00d8341c09fc53ef01156f1ee132970c-800wi
    edited January 2012

Just an FYI, Jamie's Boy has turned up in today's 3rd @ Gulfstream, the same race as Austin Brown. Looks like he was probably scratched from the Jan 11 race due to some kind of physical problem, because he's listed as a vet scratch, and is showing only one recorded workout during the last 5 weeks. Remains an interesting entrant, however. Note that Manoel Cruz is listed once again.
    edited February 2012
    Everyone probably already knows this, but if you are comparing times from Florida tracks, right now GP is tuned for racing and the times are a little faster. PMM is next and is alot slower than GP because it is set up for training Surprisingly, Calder is considered to be the slowest times, so this may offer a little food for thought when comparing these Fl horses.
    edited February 2012
    I will be using Heavy Duty, Affair and Bizarro along with Austin Brown in today's race. Heavy Duty looks sneaky to me off his first out and has some nice works since that one. I will box the following below in this race for exotics.

1-2-3-6-7-10 - looking for a big exotic payoff in a wide open msw
    edited February 2012
    I hate to go against my colt in here, but that rail post hurts, and the ml is a joke, 5/2. I think that Zito horse will show speed, #3 Heavy Duty 12-1, and the
    #5 Induce, 12-1, was a $300k buy who lost all chance at start of only start and was taken up early. The 6 & 8 look like players too and I would have made the #8 the ml fav at around 3-1

Guess I'm playing a 1-3-6-8 exotic and hope AB gets a good check, but really hope he shows something positive that we can build on for his future.
    edited February 2012
    Sorry John. I was rooting for you.
    edited February 2012
    Yeah. I thought he ran pretty green and didn't like dirt in his face. Problem is he failed to show any speed. Anxiously awaiting word from Javier but at this point he needs the light to come on and realize if he doesn't want dirt in his face he needs to run faster. Always expect improvement 2nd out but he will need a shitload of improvement!!! Slight bump at the start but all in there got bumped, problem was, and is,, lack of speed!
    edited February 2012
    Quick question he was bought for 100k in the March sales and worked real well, then in the June sales he breezed great and only sold for 90k?????
    edited February 2012
    RNA' at keeneland for $200k--- then went thru OBS where he again RNA for $100k, this time with works at 10.1 and 21.2. Bought privately for $90k and was ready to go to Spa for summer races as a 2 yo and came up with bucked shins. Pin-fired and rest and works before he went to Florida with TAP. Has not re-gained his in-tack training form and is probably a good case exAMPLE OF WHY YOU SHOULD not run 2yo at that pace. I am a firm believer in that it does irreparable harm! LIVE AND LEARN!!!!

I'm calling King tonight and having him be on the lookout for a cheap OP claimer so I will have something with a future!
    edited February 2012
    FB

Sorry, I' drinking and putting out inaccurate info, but the figures are close. Austin Brown's two year old in training work was something special, but it has cost him and he will never be the same. Too bad these races are not a beauty contest, he was the best looking colt in this race with muscle on top of muscle. Just that he will not extend himself due to injury sustained as a result of OBS work!!! Let me know if you see anything at FG, preferably from Amoss barn, that we can steal in a clm race! I'd like nothing better than to screw slick Tommy out of a good one!!!
    edited February 2012
    8th race - Gulfstream Park - January 05, 2012
    Video Race Replay

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    1 Gentlemen's Bet 69.40 26.60 17.40
    6 Nonno's Boy 6.40 5.00
    12 Good Morning Diva 22.20

Good Morning Diva is back in on Saturday in Race 2 at Gulfstream.
    edited February 2012

gl, fb

Race 2, my friend.......Good Morning Diva

Edit: Nevermind, i didn't see you had already bumped it.
    edited February 2012
    Boom! Thanks for the heads-up on this guy... :toast: