Gulfstream play from DiscreetPicks

2»

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Boom! Thanks for the heads-up on this guy... :toast:

Good Morning Diva won back again on Saturday at Calder, I missed it!!! Do you get a piece of him.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    No, i missed it also...
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    8th race - Gulfstream Park - January 05, 2012
    Video Race Replay

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    1 Gentlemen's Bet 69.40 26.60 17.40
    6 Nonno's Boy 6.40 5.00
    12 Good Morning Diva 22.20

Some of us caught this one last year at 1st asking and I forgot to tell you all he finally came off the bench and ran at Oaklawn and won for fun off the shelf and is back in the 11th on Saturday at Oaklwan. Must be sound as he is back in 5 weeks.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah. He won an optional claimer with a huge purse right? Funny it's a colt named Diva.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Gentlemens bet going up from 16k clm at OP to 35k---this jump would usually be a reason to pass---but check out latest work--1:00 flat on a dull surface--and Robbie A rides---which means 8/5 at best----but this one will be a single on my pick 4---Moquettes son is a former student of my brother, and word is this is a new horse since coming back!
    edited March 2013
    Gentlemens bet going up from 16k clm at OP to 35k---this jump would usually be a reason to pass---but check out latest work--1:00 flat on a dull surface--and Robbie A rides---which means 8/5 at best----but this one will be a single on my pick 4---Moquettes son is a former student of my brother, and word is this is a new horse since coming back!

As my other post states I got this one from a Catman connection and all the stable money was with books and offshore that is why the price was right. If Good Morning Diva would of drawn better that day my exacta would of been over 10k on my end. But I had 200 wps and you that's no bull shit as you seen me wager at Belmont park and it was nice to cash for 5 figures that day. But the form don't tell you that and he looks to b sound as he is back in 5 weeks and a work in between should run away and hide. I need to check to see if he is a double top on my speed nubers I use.
    edited April 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Some of us caught this one last year at 1st asking and I forgot to tell you all he finally came off the bench and ran at Oaklawn and won for fun off the shelf and is back in the 11th on Saturday at Oaklwan. Must be sound as he is back in 5 weeks.

He is back in a stakes race today at Oaklawn. Tough race but this one is a runner and has drawn the rail and will pop when the gates open.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I like him alot---- but here is the problem. In the last three days, I have seen Calvin win on horses drawn on the rail, but he has them coming from out in the middle of the track. If Robbie thinks he can keep him on the rail and save ground, he will fade late and finish up off the board, as the OP rail is as dead as it has ever been. I would think Albarado knows this by now, and Gentlemens Bet will be angle out turning for home, if he has room? Apprehender is the wild card in here, as he burned a shitload of money in his last and finished up the track. Its not a big field so you have to think that the post doesn't matter, but it does as all the major players are drawn inside.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Gotta like that morning line, if nothing else. Not real happy with the draw though. Might need to take back and move up outside, and it'll be hard giving away ground to these types of horses. He's in with a shot though, for sure. Good luck to anyone who plays him.
    edited June 2013
    He came back and beat Delauney last night at Praire in easy fashion. Been a real good forum horse.