Oaklawn Park

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
No time like Friday the 13th to start a race meet!
Thought we could start a new thread for OP kind of like W2W does with the NYRA circuit. Might catch on or could die on the vine due to lack of interest, we'll see? No analysis unless something we have good info on.

3rd-- 4, 1/4/6
5th-- 7, 2/7/8

7th--- #5 LuLu Wong, 2-1, and key over 1/3/4,

8th---#1 Twice The Appeal, 3-1, ran in Kentucky Derby and got hurt, been off since but working well at Hollywood and came south and loved the feel of real dirt under his hoofs. Class edge here but tough going first out after long layoff, but Jeff Bonde would not place him in here unless he thought he was ready to fire.

9th---8, 3/5/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Laurel 8th, #2 Glackety finally drops in for a tag and should be rolling late in this one mile event. Might be a short price , due in part to play on my part. Got to get my money back on this one somehow!

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    John---adding R4----#3 'Range Rules' Of Chris Richard...15-1 Ml...with 8,2,6....

See Ya At The Window....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I fell left out in this thread and will add the following below.

Race 5 - Numismatist - 15-1 on the ml as well and this one is going to score at the Oaklawn meet, if not today then next out book it.
    edited January 2012
    What I Hear Is 'lulu Wong' Should Be Best Bet Of The Day....race 7..#5
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Results for Friday not bad. One $49 ex in the 9th, and a puny $$44 tri in the 7th when Lulu Wong ran off to be a much the best winner, but she was totally hammered at the windows and went off around 3/5. In the feature, Twice the Appeal went off around 7/2, made a wide move turning for home and went around 7 wide, then ran somewhat eratic down the stretch, and that cost him the win as he came up a mere whisker short, still paid $5.00 / $3.60, which was a surprise but still a disappointing loss.
    edited January 2012
    Saturday

today's card is another yo-yo with nickel claimers followed up with with good $40k alw msw mixed into the fray. As usual for early OP racing, these cheap clm races are damned near impossible to figure out.

There are two $40k msw 3yo races today going 1 1/16, and it looks like the racing secretary made sure that the best two horses are not going up against each other .

Race 2
    #2 NAJJAAR, 8/5
    Big time Shadwell homebred has been working well and should dominate late in the going. Danny Peitz trained gets NY jock Channing Hill aboard and if he runs like he has been working in the mornings, should win for fun.
    Key #2 over 1/4/6

Race 5
    #6 CHALYBEATE SPRINGS, 6/5
    Impressive in the mornings and Wayne Lucas has big plans for this one. That being the case, Lucas may not tell Jock Thompson to ask for it all, and if he gets bested it is likely to be by #5 SPEED SCORE, 7/2, who is going to be backed by alot of backside play.

Ex Bx 5---6

Race 8
    Dixie Bells Stakes, #50k 3yo fillies 6 f

#4 NOW I KNOW, will go off at 2/5 and if you want to see a truly super sprinter watch her effort today! She is 5 for 5 so far in her career and each race has gotten better for this little Okie bred speedster.
    No value here, so I am playing a straight tri using #4 with #2 with #3. No need to go any deeper cause it won't pay much.
    edited January 2012
    Race1----1....brett Likes His Picture Taken Here...not Much Here...like John Said ...oaklawn Mixes It Up...some Cheap And Some Good...like Yesterday...alot Of New Jocks...some Trying To Make Their Mark...hard To Sort...

Race 3---10...assmans...got Into Alot Of Trouble As Fav. Last Out At Fg...should Like The Footing Here....deep/cuppy

R6---2...midwest Owners....on To Another Owners Title...

R8---best Bet...von Hemel's...'now I Know'....get A Win Ticket To Show The Ms/mrs...you Got A Winner....
    edited January 2012
    Results

All the horses who were supposed to win
    DID!
    As ELO said " Gonna be a Showdown" somewhere down the road between Najjaar and Chalybeate Springs.

Now I Know looks like she will be a player in the Fantasy later this spring. I don't think she wants anything more than a mile at best, but she can sure get over the surface fast going 6f.

sorry I could not get anything to run behind our winners for exotic plays. If I had put out a Pick 4 I would be a hero. Mine was light on the front with a single on NOW I KNOW, so I went deep in the finale and got a price with former substance abuse rider Greta Kuntsweiller. Next time I pull a $6,600.00 pick 4 out of my ass I will be sure to share!

GOOD CARD Tomorrow and Monday, stay tuned!
    edited January 2012
    Forgot to thank HUSKER for the tout on the Richard/Moss play in race 7.Keep that info coming!!!!
    Made my pick 4 possible! Owe you BIG TIME!!!!
    edited January 2012
    Forgot to thank HUSKER for the tout on the Richard/Moss play in race 7.Keep that info coming!!!!
    Made my pick 4 possible! Owe you BIG TIME!!!!

KICK MYSELF FOR NOT PUTTING IT OUT ON THE SITE....I WAS KIND OF DISENCHANTED WITH SOME EARLIER 'PLAYERS' HERE...WE AREN'T ALL WINNERS BUT JOHN ,FB,AND KING HAVE BEEN A GREAT NUCLEUS OF WINNERS TO US....WE ALL HAVE ADDED OUR 2 CENTS WORTH...AND BEEN QUITE EFFICIENT.......

YOU KNOW WHAT I'VE SAID ABOUT CHRIS RICHARD....HE WILL HAVE A GOOD MEET HERE AT OAKLAWN....HE TOLD ME HE HAS ALLREADY 79 HEAD GOING TO PRAIRIE MEADOWS AFTER OAKLAWN....A GOOD FOLLOWING....

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE DONE..SO FAR......GOOD TEAM WORK GENTLEMEN....
    edited January 2012
    SUNDAY

Real tough card today, trying to stay away from cheap clm races, but two of them in pick 4.

Race 5, 3yo f 6f msw $40k
    #2 looks like a good one, but short price, #9 is a firster, Zapper Belle, 6-1, who has turned heads in the A.M., and the #6 looks like she can close well in a race full of speed. Ex Bx 2/6/9.

The following is a pick 4 ticket, but you can also use as a guide for wps and Ex Bx wagers:

6th---11/2/5
    7th---4/1/11
    8th---3( add #2 if budget allows)
    9th---5/3/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    If Zapper Belle is half as good as her mom was, she'll be a handful. I've been searching all over for info on this filly; what have you heard???
    edited January 2012
    John---more Jocks In Here...see Razo Is Here Now...
    These Are My Adds...watchout For The Cella Horses...track Owner In Race 7 & 8...especially 'uncle Brent'...who Likes This Track...in Race 8

R2---9
    R3----7
    R5---like The 9 Alot With Yours..r7---add The 5 Of Cella's
    R8---i'm Using Your 3 But My Hvy Bet Is Cella's 'uncle Brent'...#5

Trying To Hear From Richard Camp....

You Know My Big Bet For The Day--fairgrounds Race9---#10..'beloved'...as Fb Says...stay At The Window...
    edited January 2012
    Husker, figured you would be in Baltimore for the game! If Ray Lewis gets hurt the Texans have a chance. Don't count on him coming up short on a day like this. Regardless of the outcome, the Texans have had a very good season, especially considering the injuries!!! Good Luck!

Me and MikeNyce have given Uncle Brent more chances than I care to remember. I still think he is better suited for the turf. I'm surprised you are not pointing out the Assman runner, who I think is a single. What does Assman think?
    edited January 2012
    Tried Assman This Am.....believe Is At Fg....i'm In Baltimore With The Kids...doing All This On The Smart Phone.....

Remember No Turf At Oaklawn...cella Picked 'uncle Brent' Up Here Last Year...
    And Will Be Buying Some More Here...

He Was Out For The 'tapizar' Race I Gave You Yesterday.......at Santa....

Still Trying To Hear From The Richard Camp....frazee Also....
    edited January 2012
    How good was TAPIZAR?
    Beloveda is sct at FG.
    At OP, big sct in the 7th of #11, so add your #5
    and in the feature 8th, add Cella's # 5,
    cause another big sct in the 9th of #3, I'm told Kenny Smith didn't want to lose him in a clm.
    edited January 2012
    Richard Don't Like The Inside...horse Ok....but The Inside Is Really Deep He Says.....
    Thanks On Belovda.....would Of Won Easily...its Halftime...13/17....down By 4....too Many Mistakes Against This Team....having A 'kraut Dog For Lunch....watchout....
    edited January 2012
    No need to recap Sunday's plays, they sucked! Our firster, Zapper Belle, looked lost going down the backstretch and was never involved. She should show improvement next out, but it will have to be a ton of improvement!

Monday

Race 6
    two firsters with good works and have a chance at a price. 4 horse tri box 2-4-8-11

Race 7
    #4 PEE H DEE, 8/5
    Short price but best bet of the day. Husker knows the scoop on this one for his Houston connections. Leading jock Thompson takes the call for Chris Richard and Mattress Mack! Win wager and key with the 3 & 5 for exotics.

Race 8 SMARTY JONES STAKES
    3 yo 1 mile $100k purse

This is going to be one hell of a good race! Everyone I know, and mee too, want to see Reddog's fillie win this race. #11 ON FIRE BABY, 7/2, is very good and Reddog is one of everybody's favorite trainers, no doubt because he is one of the few honest ones. But I have to be realistic, and reality points me to;

#6 OPTIMIZER, 5/2
    This is one serious racehorse and a Kentucky Derby appearance is well within his scope. Unbelievable works leading up to this event, and his cruising speed is as good as any in the country right now. Should benefit from a quick pace and hit his best stride going into the final turn and pull away in the lane. Wayne Lucas has big plans for this one and those plans begin today.

#2 JUNEBUGRED, 5-1
    Won his last at Aqueduct in a better than looks race. Hobby takes over for David Fawkes as this son of Corinthian comes south for the triple crown trail for Arkansas Racing Commissioner Alex Lieblong. Jersey Joe Bravo comes south for the mount and has Derby aspirations for this rapidly improving young colt.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    edited January 2012
    I love Junebugred alot today, with Bravo coming up north and the post this one will be right there at the wire. I'm also hearing the Cox has dropped Henry's Time in for a win today in Race 4. Looks ugly on paper but will cross the finish line first today.

gl, fb
    edited January 2012
    The Richard Camp Likes Their Horses Today....watchout For The Rain....john/fb...might Have To Check Later Races.....

My 2 Cents Worth......

R1----3.....richard/mcingvales....use With 7,8,2

R2----4...is Assmans...got To Beat The 7 Of Midwest Stables....

R3---4...tim Ice's...

R4
    7....assmans/winchell...remember What I Said About Winchell Before...he Is Out To Be A Top Owner...got The $$$$$$$$$$$$...watchout In The Midwest Area....
    Assman Is Scared Of Midwest's #9 Here Fb...might Be A Good Calll...using The 8 Also.....

R6----7...

R7----#4...'pee H Dee'...best Bet Like John Said...richard/mcingvale.....using With The 3,5,7

R8----i'm Going With Lukas Here...#6..'optimizer'....using With The 2,5,10,12.....

John Fyi---the Filly Is # 10..not # 11........she Is A Nice One...cella Has His Check Book Ready...watchout...

Like John Said...this Will Be The Race.....get To The Track And Watch It.....

By The Way John...'tapizar'....is A Nice Spd Balll....look For More Out Of This One....
    edited January 2012
    Add
    race 6....#1 In Here Also....
    edited January 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I love Junebugred alot today, with Bravo coming up north and the post this one will be right there at the wire. I'm also hearing the Cox has dropped Henry's Time in for a win today in Race 4. Looks ugly on paper but will cross the finish line first today.

gl, fb

8th race - Oaklawn Park - January 16, 2012

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
    2 Junebugred 14.80 7.00 4.60
    12 Reckless Jerry 12.80 6.20
    10 On Fire Baby 2.60
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Great call on Junebugred. Wish i'd had a little more faith in him. Still remember the post from that Aqueduct race where John gave us the nice info on him...
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Great stuff on the oaklawn meet, guys. Thanks for sharing it. It is appreciated!!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    John: Do you like anything at Oaklawn today? Love the information that you provide to this board. Thanks again
    edited January 2012
    Nothing yesterday and very little today. But big weekend ahead with a couple at FG & GP.

Friday Oaklawn Race 1
    F & M 3 & up clm $15k 6f

Husker and I are in complete agreement on this one!Droppers and sneaky layoff entries galore!

#3 SWEET TIZZY LIZZY, 6-1
    Speedy enough to be close all the way and have something left. Good info from trainer Richard.

#4 BAR BABE, 9/5
    Good closing ability and should show alot of run late. Short price but you can't leave this one out of the mix. Hobby got her a few months ago and promised owners a big meet. We'll see?

#6 LAYNEE'S MOOSE, 8-1
    Been off for a year. Sneaky works coming back for a super sneaky trainer, Kenny Smith. Remember the " MILKSHAKE" era at OP with Cole Norman and the gang? If she runs anything like she did before the layoff, she wins for fun!

Race 6 are Arkie Bred running for a purse of forty grand. Should be a calvary charge, and hard not to like #6 Little Bird, 4-1, with 1/3/12.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Nothing yesterday and very little today. But big weekend ahead with a couple at FG & GP.

Friday Oaklawn Race 1
    F & M 3 & up clm $15k 6f

Husker and I are in complete agreement on this one!Droppers and sneaky layoff entries galore!

#3 SWEET TIZZY LIZZY, 6-1
    Speedy enough to be close all the way and have something left. Good info from trainer Richard.

#4 BAR BABE, 9/5
    Good closing ability and should show alot of run late. Short price but you can't leave this one out of the mix. Hobby got her a few months ago and promised owners a big meet. We'll see?

#6 LAYNEE'S MOOSE, 8-1
    Been off for a year. Sneaky works coming back for a super sneaky trainer, Kenny Smith. Remember the " MILKSHAKE" era at OP with Cole Norman and the gang? If she runs anything like she did before the layoff, she wins for fun!

Race 6 are Arkie Bred running for a purse of forty grand. Should be a calvary charge, and hard not to like #6 Little Bird, 4-1, with 1/3/12.

The 9/5 ran out. Huge exacta. I think that pays for my whole day. Glad I caught this. Thanks JG.
    edited January 2012
    I've Touted This Young Trainer For A Long Time....runs Numbers And Is A Health Critic With His Horses....do You See This From Dutrow Or Many Others...
    A Texas A & M Grad On Animal Science Degree......

12 Starts...5-2-2...75 % In The Money.......

Won't Have Any Running This Weekend......crap...but Alot Of Other Good Ones...
    What I Said About Midwest And Winchell Thoroughbreeds Has Come True....
    Check Owners Stats................for 2012....

Some Of This Is Alot Of Work...john Will Tell You We Corespond Almost Daily On Multiple Tracks With Others....

Will Help Out When I Can....
    edited January 2012
    SATURDAY 1-21-2012

Tough card and alot of races are wide open. Make sure you get a price in these cheap clm races!

Race 9
    alw 4 & up n2l going one mile, got some good info on one in here who will be completely overlooked at the windows and could go off at 10-1 or better:

#7 MY ZIPPER, 6-1
    started off his career as a three year old running on turf at CD and Tampa Bay. Not too many City Zip offspring take to the weeds, and he was pretty good but got hurt and was off for a year before he came back in early Dec 2011 at Turfway on the sticky shit and won for fun. Shipped to Oaklawn Park where he has had some very good works and is catching some backside attention. Looks like he will step up his game on real dirt and he catches a less than stellar group in here today.

#7 wps
    Ex Bx 2---4---7
    edited January 2012
    Pick 4 Play, don't know why I try, but if you catch one at OP is will damned sure be a good one!!!

6th---2/4/9
    7th---1/2/3
    8th---3/9
    9th---#7 (add 2 & 4 if budget allows)
    edited January 2012
    In the Race 6th,, I just got some info on a firster from Grant Forester, #4 SILVER HUSTLER, 5-1, 3yo fillie who is said to be a real speedball and will be sent to the front and lead every step of the way. All Channing Hill will have to do is hold on!