Oaklawn Park

2»

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    John----race 5
    #5..'saints Relic'.....should Be Best Bet Of The Day....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    In the Race 6th,, I just got some info on a firster from Grant Forester, #4 SILVER HUSTLER, 5-1, 3yo fillie who is said to be a real speedball and will be sent to the front and lead every step of the way. All Channing Hill will have to do is hold on!

Silver Hustler $5.80 $3.60 $2.80

Time Counts - $4.60 $3.40

Elusive Sabu - - $2.60

Avolo - - -

Yeah Buddy. I missed this one, but i'm sure it was as easy as you said.
    edited January 2012
    See If I Can Do Better Here In The 'fog' Today........

My Best Bet
    race 3....#4...'demure Halo'....midwest Owners...its A Watch List Horse Also....best Bet Today.....

Morse /trainer Should Have A Good Day...back To Back....races 6/r7
    Race 6----#8....'ambergris'
    Race 7----truly Inspired'

Race 8---should Be The Strong Local Owner And Racing Commissioner...low's Horse........#7.....'arienza......
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Sunday

Race 7 is as cheap as it gets. #5 Truly inspired is the most logical winner and I will key him on top. 5 1/2 f sets him up perfectly. However, I got to tell you about #1 GRAYSONIA. Last season, his owners ran him every week at this level and it took its toll. I felt so sorry for him I damned near went down and claimed him myself just to give him a refresher. One day on a Saturday I was there with my wife, which is unusual, and we got tired of being in the morgue ( Jockey Club) so we went down to the track apron and were watching the parade go by and with all these baby faced hispanic jockeys going by they all look like they are 15 years old. Suddenly, Perry Compton comes by with his weathered 50 plus old face and everybody lets out a gasp at how old he looks. All these dames shut up quickly when I told them he is younger than they are!!! In any event, Ole GRAYSONIA comes back today in this cheap race and guess what? He has had a layoff!!!!! This old timer warhorse will give you all he has for as long as he can. I figure he'll run 2nd or fall out. Thus, I'm playing a tri key with #5 over the 1/2 over the #4. Short field so it won't pay shasta.

I spoke with Danny Peitz last week and he told me that Arienza looks better than a plate of fried chicken! Though, he is concerned about her coming back at 6f against some of these sprinters. I just don't think she will fire her best today and I'm playing her underneath in exotics with the 1/2/8/11 on top.
    edited January 2012
    Thursday Jan 26, 2012

Could be wet today?
    I had some very good info on a couple today, but the damn newspaper guru had the same info and put them out as a hot pick! Ruined our chance at a good price.

5th ---#2 Cassoulet, 9/2, wps and use with ex bx 1/2/4

6th---#4 Kaddish, 10-1, guru pick which will kill our price

7th---ex bx 2/5/7

8th--#7 ARIZANA, 6/5, we get a single here in a pick 4

9th---#7---key over 4/5/10

Bonus play Fair grounds 7th---#7 Paz Perfect, 6-1, if he has room outside in the stretch, look out!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Bonus play Fair grounds 7th---#7 Paz Perfect, 6-1, if he has room outside in the stretch, look out!

Agree wholeheartedly. Good luck with this one...
    edited January 2012
    my spelling sucks. Most of you know I meant ARIENZA. She sct out of sprint race Sunday in favor of this easier spot for her first back. She wins this for fun at 1/5.
    edited January 2012
    DC,
    I missed your comment until now, I was on the phone with Cot.
    The race at the FG today is listed as still on turf, but very good chance it will come off. Nevertheless, Paz will run, but we would rather see him on the grass!
    edited January 2012
    Thursday Jan 26, 2012

Could be wet today?
    I had some very good info on a couple today, but the damn newspaper guru had the same info and put them out as a hot pick! Ruined our chance at a good price.

5th ---#2 Cassoulet, 9/2, wps and use with ex bx 1/2/4

6th---#4 Kaddish, 10-1, guru pick which will kill our price

7th---ex bx 2/5/7

8th--#7 ARIZANA, 6/5, we get a single here in a pick 4

9th---#7---key over 4/5/10

JOHN----FOGGY AND WET AT OAKLAWN AND POSSIBLY WET AT FAIRGROUNDS....
    FG R7....THERE'S ALLREADY 5 SCRATCHES...#7 WON'T HAVE ANY VALUE...LOOK FOR THEM TO RIDE OUT....

ASSMAN LIKES HIS #6 IN RACE 5 @ FG...PLEASANT COLONY BREEDING WILL LIKE THE WET OR DRY TRACK....GOOD DAY YESTERDAY THERE....

ON OAKLAWN...ADDING RACE 4----DAVE WHITEDS HORSES...5 AND 8....MOST LIKELY THE #5...LEARNED HIS WAYS FROM JACK VAN BERG.....REMEBER MY HUNCH NOTES FOR THE OAKLAWN MEET....IF THE 5 GOES AT 7-1/TO 10-1....I'M PLAYING...
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, was just checking the Fair Grounds website and i see that all races are now off the turf. Bummer. Personally, i'd prefer they scratch him and wait for a turf race, but whatcha gonna do.
    edited January 2012
    John....just Got A Call From Our Great Governor Of The State Of Texas...

....rick Perry.....said To Bet Race 3....#3.....'oops And A Half'....will Be There!!!....FRIDAY CARD
    edited January 2012
    Kaddish....13.20 Winner.....unbelievable.......
    edited January 2012
    Looks Like Best Bet Of The Day....race 2...#2---'bitter Truth'...midwest Again
    edited January 2012
    I have no info on anything running today. Perhaps the most hard to handicap bunch of races I have ever seen. We need to send out a S.O.S to King and see what he knows about all these Arkie breds.
    edited January 2012
    husker70 wrote: »

....rick Perry.....said To Bet Race 3....#3.....'oops And A Half'....will Be There!!!....FRIDAY CARD

TRIED TO GIVE YA A TEXAS SALUTE GUYS....

'OOPS AND A HALF'...WINS EASILY...PAYING 11.20/5.60/3.20.......

NICE TO HAVE FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES...!!!!!!

BEST BET ,,,'BITTER TRUTH'...PLC 2ND....
    edited January 2012
    Saturday Jan. 28, 2012

Race 3
    clm $25k 6f

#1 Let's Get Fiscal, 3-1
    Old NYRA runner for Rick Violette who was coming up empty at $35k level. Given to Cody Autrey who placed him into $7,500 level and he ran off to win by open daylight. Astute Ark trainer J R Caldwell knew he was in too cheap and picked him up in the claim. Jumps him right back up into $25k level and he is still good enough to beat these.

#1 wps
    Ex Bx 1---5---7

Race 5
    msw $40k one mile

#4 SPEED SCORE, 3-1
    Ran a better than looks 3rd last out on this surface. Winner of that race came back to run in G3 LeComte last week at Fair Grounds. Finds a much easier spot today and is a logical play for big $$$$$!!!

Looks like Midwest is well represented today and you have to look at all their entries.
    edited January 2012
    Sorry, wrong gender on LET'S GET FISCAL, 4yo fillie
    edited January 2012
    My Selections For Today----

Race 1----1...across...
    R2---1...richard/moss...recent Clm...likes Inside ...spd Ball When He Runs Right...a Step Up Here...playing Across And Exotics...richard Won Again Yesterday,,,,hot...hot..hot...heard It Here First...

Race 8----#1 ...is Assmans...likes Across..see If Spd Carries... Today...

For Fairgrounds....they Tell Me This Is Best Bet There...race 4....#1...'ordinary Time'....strong Play Across Or On Top....exotics.....

Hope Some Of You Got 'oops And A Half'...we Love Our Governor...rickie Perry Here In Texas,..........this One Will Win Again Here.....
    edited January 2012
    My Selections Today---
    R1....7
    R2---9...rieckens...wants A Picture....
    R3---5...
    R4---2...lukas...strong [play
    R6---3...small Across....crook Burwell...ark Bred....
    R7---6...ness...strong Play
    R8---mcpeek/court...strong Play
    R9----2....giving 10 Lbs....across...
    edited January 2012
    sunday , January 29, 2012

Yesterday's selections were just aweful. What hurt the most was the selection at Gulsstream Park on the TAP firster, Colony Strike, who was wide all the way and lost several lengths. It usually pays to be outside in the stretch coming home on GP course, but he was very wide. Yet, he was not firing with the winners and overall, a very disappointing effort.
    edited January 2012
    I wrote this up once and it vanished into cyber space, but here it goes again.

Last night at the jockey's favorite watering hole, LONGSHOT SALOON, (you're welcome Georgia), a buddy of mine was talking with the senior member of a very young jock colony , Luis Quinionez, and picked up the following:

Race 3
    #3 EVADE, Little Bryan McNeil rode this old timer to a top 3 finish last out at 40-1. Too bad, today you get 7/2, but he is said to be at the top of his form cycle and you better get on him now because this cycle won't last long at his age.

Race 5
    #4 TINKERBELL JET, 5-1
    Lightly raced and has one good race and one very bad race. Word is David Whited has this one hidden out on local farm and the works are good enough to mop the floor with the rest of these. We'll see?

Race 8
    Strange trainer change in here and my buddy said getting info from Luis was akin to pulling teeth.
    #8 SCATMAN, 5-1, used to be up north with Eddie kenneally, but shows up in here with a trainer that nobody knows much about, Mike Lauer, who runs some up at Parx and other tracks. In any event, Luis says this one is live in here today, and to use with the 3 & 6 in exotics.

BTW, today's card is not very good so wager accordingly!
    edited January 2012
    Just saw where this thread went to page 3, Huskers picks on the end of page 2.
    edited January 2012
    husker70 wrote: »

Lol, made me think of this....

Mitt Romney Offers Rick Perry $10,000 Bet: ABC News/Yahoo News Republican Debate - YouTube

Btw, what's that about the thread moving to Page 3? Seems like there have been plenty of recent posts to keep it bumped up on Page 1, or so i would think?
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    John, Congrats on Race 8. Nice exacta, hope you had the triple. Thanks for the pick
    edited January 2012
    Up And Down For Sunday...too Many Arky Breds...all Over The Track...love It...

Get A Few Notes Out Before I Leave For The Super Bowl...wed Nite...5 Days In Indy...wow...!!!!!

Trainer Standings Are Tight......chris Richard Is Hanging In There...40% Winners In 15 Starts...not Bad....look For Assman And Others To Step It Up In Late Feb/march...where The Money Is...

Disappointment Is Lukas....29 Starts...2-1-1...terrible...taking The Horse Watchers Money Early In The Meet...

Notes For Thursday Card.----

Race 3---#7..'saucy Stash'...assmans...stepping Up Abit..but This One Is A Nice Honest Filly...bet Across And With Your Exotics...

Race 5---#7,,,trainer Lynn Whiting...remember This Is Whitings Main Track...plus Main Trainer For Charlie Cella--track Owner Here....he Will Have Some Ls....but Not This One...likes It Here As Well As Churchill...forget Last At Churchill...got A Good 60 Day Layoff...and Fresh Now...check The Record....should Figure In The Mix To Win....