Please talk me out of this.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I don't bet sports too often. I'm considering betting my entire bankroll, plus maybe10k or 12 out of my HELOC on New England money line (-130ish).

Arguments:

1. Both teams backed into the Super Bowl, neither deserved the win. However, the Giants played their game, where as the Patriots looked like shit. Advantage: Pats

2. Brady not losing to Eli twice. We all know that. Advantage: Pats

3. Two week break. Advantage: Pats

Opinions:

Victor Cruz/Hakeem Nicks teams scares me. I don't want their athleticism to cost me.
It's only a one game. Even though it should be Pats -300, that variation could wipe me out. Remember the debacle before that ruined many people.

It's free money.

What do you think? I might parlay 10% to the over if I get 55.5 less.

:nono:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    your crazy if you bet this....the giants front 4 gets pressure without blitzing....recieving core of the giants are just shit on the defense of the pats...and eli already beat brady twice.....advantage eli...superbowl and reg season this year...dont do it...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I lean to the Giants, because I don't think New England's pass defense will be able to stop them. But regardless of anything else, I would never bet my entire bankroll (or anything close to it) on any one thing. Does that even need to be said?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Brady has never coverd a Super Bowl ATS.
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited January 2012
    Julian Edelman has to cover victor cruz or manningham. I think the Pats will win, but it will be real close. I also like the under.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I've laid down a fairly heavy wager on Giants ML @ +135
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Giants are gonna beat the Pats,,, Eli brings the NY swagga to the field.
    Brady is great and can score fast with the no huddle plays, but Eli scores and controls the clock
    i'm not taking anything ways from the Patriots they are good, but the Giants know the patriots,
    no-matter how much they change there game plan. they gonna keep Brady off the field. :surrender:

i see the Giants plowing thru the Patriots

all this add up to a NYGiants win.....
    the O/U is a different story :peace:
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    only play here is the giants
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    mikehawk80 wrote: »
    Julian Edelman has to cover victor cruz or manningham. I think the Pats will win, but it will be real close. I also like the under.

Yes. This post alone scares me. I was drinking during first post, and very upset by Niners choke job.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I've laid down a fairly heavy wager on Giants ML @ +135

Nice score. Must have been a fun Hail Mary.